Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

375nm 16 mW laser. The seller decreases the price to 350 EURO. I have already purchased one for myself, it is in good condition. Seller has other five lasers more. Link

Last edited:

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

By the way I saw that someone had linked the coherent UV cubes here. I know that the guy has listed them for 16 mW but technically they're only rated to do 8. They typically came from the factory doing about nine-The same as my Melles Griot. He's using it for advertising...Don't run them that high, they will die quickly! UV diodes are very fragile, and pushing them hard will deteriorate the emitter rapidly. A good idea to keep it heatsinked too.

By the way I saw that someone had linked the coherent UV cubes here. I know that the guy has listed them for 16 mW but technically they're only rated to do 8. They typically came from the factory doing about nine-The same as my Melles Griot. He's using it for advertising...Don't run them that high, they will die quickly! UV diodes are very fragile, and pushing them hard will deteriorate the emitter rapidly. A good idea to keep it heatsinked too.

I purchased one of this coherent UV cube laser from that seller on ebay. Our test shows that output power is ~27 mW. Here link for power/stability test result and spectrum if you interest. Coherent cube series have built-in TEC cooling control, I believe it provides a stable beam and a long life time. Of course, this laser is for only laboratory usage. I share this link if consider that the price for new one is more than 10k euro.

Last edited:

I purchased one of this coherent UV cube laser from that seller on ebay. Our test shows that output power is ~27 mW. Here link for power/stability test result and spectrum if you interest. Coherent cube series have built-in TEC cooling control, I believe it provides a stable beam and a long life time. Of course, this laser is for only laboratory usage. I share this link if consider that the price for new one is more than 10k euro.

doesn't look stable to me...looks more like its slowly overheating/cooling. how are you powering it? are you have the original setup? because if you're using constant power output or analog it wont self moderate. if its running apc, the power should not creep up like that. it should hold steady within about .1 mW on a good heatsink and not deviate at all. they're made to run about 9mW. I used to have three back at the lab and they all did about 8.8-9mW ish. my MG does 9.4 and they use the same diode IIRC. you might want to check how you're operating it. Mine will do alot more at lower temps, but no idea what it does to the WL, as my current personal spectrometer doesn't do UV. the manual says 8mW+10%/-0% over several hours. It shouldn't be doing more than about 9-ish. your operating environment or meter calibration is probably off. you might want to double check.

edit: noticed there's two models now. the older ones are 8 and the newer ones are 16. they made a revision a while back. but still might wanna double check, as generally the power doesn't creep up like that.

Last edited:

Please note both the X axis and the Y axis. The variation is less than half a milliwatt over the course of an hour.

Yeah i just noticed I read the graph wrong. sorry my fault. but thats still quite a creep up. mine goes up about .2 mW or so at startup over about 10s, but that's it. after that it locks rock solid.

Last edited:

mine goes up about .2 mW or so at startup over about 10s, but that's it. after that it locks rock solid.

Using what power meter? Have you also logged over the course of an hour?

Last edited:

It's a Melles Griot PEM. It has a port for logging, but I don't have anything to log it with, I usually just sit and watch it as I do other things. But over several hours it barely deviates perhaps a tenth or two of a mW most days over an hour. I would just expect the cube to be better than that, but might partly be due to how small they are. Less thermal mass than the RCS that I have. Which is much larger and the temperature dissipation is over a wider area.

Edit: I've been running since I posted this at 20:17 and its now 21:14 so its been almost an hour and it started at 9mW quickly climbing within seconds to 9.20mW as it reached operating temp. it has had a low of 9.19 and a high of 9.22mW so far. the head is mounted on a factory heatsink from a perkin elmer microscope, it's quite large.

Last edited:

If look the last hour, from 50-400 in x-axis, output power varies from 27 mW to 27.3, it is 1% deviation and output power is reaching an asymptotic equilibrium. I think it is really stable. Sorry for the graph, powermeter has a old logging program, I could not able to save data, I just took a screenprint. I have its original power supply.

Thank you, guys for discussion, I suggest to continue it at this proper thread, http://laserpointerforums.com/f38/uv-laser-diode-400nm-96616.html about UV laser source less than 400nm. I am still open to any suggestion about affordable UV laser source because if my cube dies it is not easy to find another one with that price.:undecided:

Last edited:

I'm sure it's fine. It's meeting its specs, I just expected it to be a bit better. Might just be due to the small size and higher power, or the driver may not be quite as fast or something trivial. They're nice lasers. I'd hop on one but I don't have the money, and already have one. And I prefer the MG one anyway. I have almost the entire series of RCS lasers.

Last edited:

5X JDSU 830nm 200mW laser diodes 54-00213 for 45$ on ebay. Link Model number indicates that it is working in single mode. 9$ per diode is really nice price.

Update info: Datasheet shows that it is actually single longitudinal mode!

Last edited: