Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

Have you used one of these? Can you actually just mount it into a 9mm module and it will give you a focused to infinity beam?

Edit: just did some checking and DTR removes the Gball and leaves it with an open can. It maybe the only way you can mount it into a module. Regardless, he uses these with either a three element lens or a G-2. Something to think about before spending $135.00. He also states that with it decanned, it is more susceptible to damage from debris getting into the diode.

They fit just fine, and I leave my Gballs on, so far testing the nubm06 and nubm07e the Gball works better with round lens expanders than taking them off and using a G2 or 3 element.

SANY0072_zpsrpogxwxz.jpg

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

They fit just fine, and I leave my Gballs on, so far testing the nubm06 and nubm07e the Gball works better with round lens expanders than taking them off and using a G2 or 3 element.

SANY0072_zpsrpogxwxz.jpg

I get that you have done this with other diodes with a Gball, but what can you tell me specifically about THIS diode? I see that it will fit with them diode intact, but does the Gball lens work the same on these as the others you have tried?

For 135 dollars, I would have found out, I would have already ordered one except for 1 thing.

It may just be his stock pics, but he likely hot pulls them and that has a higher fail rate so it seems, I would rather have cold pulled and 1 watt is just not enough for me anymore, yea I know they are green, but 1 watt is not enough, and not worth that much money.

They will have next gen out sooner or later and I will use this saved money for a bigger green, but I want a cold pulled Gball green.

Capture_03302016_231122_zpsw2cjzaz1.png

Last edited:

I have some NDG7475T diodes and they all have windows, no lens like this one.

I have some NDG7475T diodes and they all have windows, no lens like this one.

Your expanders are big and look good, but the line length to width ratio will always grow with distance, even if you expander shrink it tiny tiny small it will be an ever lengthening line, unless you correct the wild divergence of the fast axis, your expander shrunken line will always be a line, the further the longer, tiny but long and line shipped, if not you are clipping.

I believe you are not clipping, but your spot is a tiny long line, it's physics, it has to be an ever lengthening shrunken line or a clipped line unless you correct the divergence of the rapidly expanding axis, as your lenses are in fact round.

Now the Gball seems to be doing some shaping.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f49/amazing-gball-96862.html

I agree, but I've never seen a NDG7475T with a lens like this has, it makes me wonder what it is. Is this the same diode, but with the ball, or?

NO NO It is a NUGM01T, he says so further down, he always mixes up stuff like that.

It's a NUGM01T No doubt about it, and if not hot pulled I would get 1, but I think bigger 520's are in the works. Call it an educated hunch.

Sorry I misunderstood what you were saying Alaskan, and I know the 7475 is a bit stronger than the 01T, but good luck getting anyone to admit it when they wanted to sell them.

Last edited:

I looked at DTR's web site for this diode and it can put out more than 1 watt, at its rated current of 2.2 amps (according to the specs I saw on ebay and DTR's tests) the unit can do 1.3 watts, but I wouldn't push it any harder than that, at 2.4 amps of current and above it stops being as efficient and won't put out much more power.

Ricker

But... will it light a match... the hard way?

ya I think it will do that and fry your hand in the process~!:lasergun: