Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

bid.. good find!

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

i bought one one those awhile back... there was something wrong with the emitter and it put out a terrible beam!

APEX1

Was it this exact listing and diode? Not that I'll care, only 20$ the guy selling them is into making labbys and said he has tested them and they work fine.

Last edited:

yep! I ended up just giving the laser to a buddy. the dot just had too much wash out. so itll be pretty hit or miss

APEX1

that's what I figured. Figured I'd give it a try though.. But this proves my point about not buying from other people outside of here! at least when you buy from dtr or any other you no what your getting without a shred of doubt! Plus its supporting a fellow member. I just wanted to try it out for once

Last edited:

I've read that the diodes coming from used projectors tend to have accumulated stuff on the windows, even when the diodes haven't been used very long. I guess you could always "de-can" the diode to get clean output again, but for the hassle it's probably more convenient to just get an unused diode.

APEX1

I'm not too worried about it, was only a few bucks. This is honestly the first time I've boughten a diode outside of LPF. Like I've said before, when you buy from here, you know what your getting and supporting fellow forum members

Last edited:

Previous to your post I had made an offer for two of them already :p

Previous to your post I had made an offer for two of them already :p

I just now went to my mailbox literally 10 minutes ago and here's the one I bought, it's like new.
It never ceases to amaze me how much dust there is in household air, it takes seconds for tiny particles of dust to start depositing on anything.

Attachments

• SANY0233.JPG
    SANY0233.JPG
    201.1 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Go down to Radio Shack and pick up one of
the red solder sucker bulbs and use it only
for blowing dust off optics, if they still sell
them.

Go down to Radio Shack and pick up one of
the red solder sucker bulbs and use it only
for blowing dust off optics, if they still sell
them.

Yes those work well, I use a big turkey baster I bought at wally world, you can heat up the plastic at the tip and reshape it to get a nice stream of air.

Plano-convex cylindrical VIS coated in a mount for 20 bucks.
Don't know what this cost new but for 20 bucks I had to get 1, he only has 2 left.
Linos ARB2 PX CY F 5 Vis Cylindrical Lens in 15 mm to 25 mm Adapter | eBay

^That's Dr. Sam from Sam's laser FAQ btw

Ocean Optics S2000 Miniature Fiber Optic Spectrometer | eBay

Great deal on a spectrometer. I would buy it, but meh- don't really have a need for it.