Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

Good luck with your sale. Tungsten sure is an amazing metal. Tungsten laser host? :p

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

Trying to cash in on your 2010 investment? Good luck.;)

Edit: I don't think it would make a good host as it has a poor thermal conductivity. Actually not as bad as i thought, 174 W/m x K, as opposed to aluminum 205 W/ m x K, or copper 402 W/ m x K. Might be pretty hard to work with though. Pun intended.

Last edited:

Tungsten laser host? :p

3mLydMU.png

</pun>

Not sure if this is totally relevant as it's not lasers, but some of you oldies may remember this thread about tungsten: http://laserpointerforums.com/f60/incredible-tungsten-41274.html

Well it just so happens I have a couple of 1kg cylinders for sale: http://www.ebay.com/itm/262905986259
If you want one you could buy it directly from me on here if you want, and we could drop the ebay fee, so it would be $150 plus shipping (shipping about $21 worldwide)

That actually sounds a little interesting. I'll pm you tonight when I'm home

When I saw this post about the tungsten, I had to go looking for more info and found this photo which gives an idea of what one looks like up close, fairly small for the weight:

1 kilogram tungsten cylinder

Screen%20Shot%202017-05-01%20at%207.21.58%20AM.png

Interesting facts:

The word tungsten comes from the Swedish language tung sten, which directly translates to heavy stone. It has the highest melting point of all the elements discovered, melting at 3,422 °C, 6,192 °F. Its high density is 19.3 times that of water, comparable to that of uranium and gold, and much higher (about 1.7 times) than that of lead. Because the density is so similar to that of gold (tungsten is only 0.36% less dense), tungsten can also be used in counterfeiting of gold bars, such as by plating a tungsten bar with gold, which has been observed since the 1980s,

Last edited:

diachi

My "400mW RGB module" has apparently shipped.

Be sure to post when it gets to you. I want beam shots! :crackup:

Hi Grix,

If you live in a big city and have a juweller close to you could you go and ask him if it is possible to gold-plate these W cylinders without intermediate layers of Cu or Ag or like?
5 or so years ago travelling to Madrid I saw fake mexican 50 Pesos coins in one shop, they were made of brass but looked exacly like the real ones. Gave them to a juweller to plate (he took 7 Euros for each) and now they look like the real ones, except the density...

Last edited:

Hi, Ricker,

I have seen that from time to time you sell ripped V and F series PJs on ebay.

Apart of DMD chip, optics and N. blocks are there any interesting pieces inside like:
-Heatsink and fans which could be used with other blocks (06/08)
-Knife Edging arrays with mirrors like it can be found in A/M 130/140 series PJs

Thank you.

Grix

Interesting facts:

The word tungsten comes from the Swedish language tung sten, which directly translates to heavy stone.

Another interesting fact: Even though the english name comes from swedish, that's not what tungsten is actually called in sweden. In sweden it's called "volfram", from the german name wolfram. If only the german name was derived from english, then the loop would have been complete. :)

Last edited:

Anyone know these? 808 nm end pumped? Any idea of power input and output levels common for CW with these little YAG's?

Tiny YAG rod 2.5mm dia. x 5.2mm long Plano cvx 15mm Spectra physics AR HR coated | eBay

He claims this has a 15mm radius convex end, but after close inspection, I think he meant concave. The other side is plano and it is HR coated for 1064. Must be for a pulsed 1064 laser, or similar build.

I donno, thinking is 808 nm end pumped for use with a SHG intracavity crystal (due to 532 nm AR).

Last edited: