Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

He won't ship it to Alaska, I can't even make an offer, but I have been emailing him asking to make an offer he might accept, so far, no deal.

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

He won't ship it to Alaska, I can't even make an offer, but I have been emailing him asking to make an offer he might accept, so far, no deal.
Have a friend buy it and ship it to you......

BTW what does it do ?

Last edited:

Let me see what he has to say, has not answered my last email yet. I asked him why he won't sell to Alaskan's, he said it costs to much to ship... My response was, well, I can pay for shipping if he will accept 500. I might have made a mistake, thinking more on it, that's a lot of money for just that rod. I saw someone else listing that oven with LBO crystal for 355 nm UV in it for about 300 and it has sat there for the last year now with no buyers. I better not buy it for that, $300 yep, I would. Too late now, after saying five hundred, I can't offer 300 now. He probably won't take that anyway, not when listing it for 800, needs to sit for another few months.

I am not obligated at 500, it was only email talk.

Last edited:

diachi

Have a friend buy it and ship it to you......

BTW what does it do ?

Assuming it is an Avia then it's a high power Q-switched DPSS, they come in 532nm and 355nm at powers up to 80W (average). Peak power would be well into the 10s, if not 100s of kWs. Pulse energy for the 80W 532 model is 1mJ at 80Khz, with a <30ns pulse duration at 100Khz. They also have ridiculously good beam specs. 80W of Q-switched 532nm in a near perfect beam with 0.3mRad divergence and a 3.5mm diameter anyone?

UV datasheet: https://cohrcdn.azureedge.net/assets/pdf/COHR_AVIA_NX_UV_DS_0117_5.pdf

Green datasheet: https://cohrcdn.azureedge.net/assets/pdf/COHR_AVIA_NX_Green_DS_0117_6.pdf

Last edited:

Ya, but looking at it the 808nm laser is not part of the assembly, the fiber line is cut, you can see it in the photo. It does have a Q switch, I bought that same one from another guy who parted one of these out, also the same rod from it too. I just want that rod.

Edit: He would accept 500, but now that I see the unit never had the IR laser diodes in it to begin with, that price is too much for me.

Last edited:

Probably no one here into YAG lasers enough to want this for real money, but just in case, here's the link:

Classic ND:YAG for restoration? Might work fine as is? Trimedyne Nd:YAG Cardiolase 4000 Laser System wavelength 1064nm , 633nm | eBay

Says 80 W 1064 nm. Has HeNe laser built into it for pointing.

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-03%20at%208.58.26%20AM.png

Looks like a ND YAG rod to me, but I'm not 100% on that, could be ND YLF.

VLOC I believe is a corporation name or a type of crystal growth method, here's a site with a video.

Colquiriite crystal - VLOC

L37314.gif
video-icon.gif

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter

I'm trying to read that part number to see if it can be looked up.
I believe it says VLOC P/N: 969312-45-3? :thinking:
I'm probably completely wrong, but it looks like a large Nd:YAG crystal.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter

The video you have posted doesn't work for me.
Was it something to do with an eBay item? :thinking:

Edit: I've tried searching for the crystal on that site RCB. Nothing as of yet. And your video works now Accutronitis.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter

Just edited to say it works now. :)

I just got a look at the inside and all I can say is WOW ! As a huge fan of anything PRECISION AND ULTRA HIGH QUALITY I know it when I see it and I just seen it !

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter

Pretty beautiful isn't it. :p

Assembled in a clean room and opened up in our dusty houses, It's like walking on fine art just taken from behind a sealed glass enclosure.