Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Perks/Benefits of Laserglow Products

I cannoy justify buying from laserglow at all, unless you absolutely NEED a <5mW laser. like Shakenwake said, the profit they make is ridiculous-5x,6x,7x times the price of what you could make it for? It is sad really, that people fall for that.

But, they do have good customer service, and great cases lol...but other than that, I just don't understand how people can throw there money away like that :thinking:

IsaacT

Shit, I won't throw batteries in backwards on even a 50 dollar pointer. 50 bucks is 50 bucks.

For something that costs over 3K you would think that it would have reverse polarity protection..

Heck even my cheapo SD303 laser didn't die when I inserted the battery backwards :p

Just read a thread where a guy reversed the polarity on his $3700 hercules 800mw or so and the exhaust was coming out very hot. It just blew me away that someone is willing to spend this kind of money on a laser whether unlimited duty cycle or not, it's just crazy. Then to have the carelessness to reverse the polarity and ruin it? It is just a different kind of person that can justify that price and then not be overly careful with it. It's one thing to buy it and take care of it, but another to treat it like a $50 pointer and throw some cells in backwards.
To ruin it by a simple careless action like that shocks me. If I was to buy a laser the price of a small used automobile I feel like I would rarely use it and never run it for more than 30 seconds from fear of damaging it:(

but it has active cooling, according to its page it has TEC cooling and fan cooling.

Tmack

For something that costs over 3K you would think that it would have reverse polarity protection..

Heck even my cheapo SD303 laser didn't die when I inserted the battery backwards :p

That's what I was thinking. I figured for that much they must have it. Bt he said he saw a puff of smoke ( the protection burning up) but after that it should have been fine. He went on to say that now the exhaust blows out increasingly hot air. S it's just a matter of time before its totally dead. God I don't know what I'd do. $3700!!!!!!!!

And some people buy a car that can do 200mph but will never reach it . Same with the duty cycle . Sme like to know it can, but never will :)

Last edited:
Okay, maybe then. (wasn't aware of cooling apparatus) But still, you hear about things like how you can toss a phone with an otterbox off a 2 story building without it breaking but you don't risk it with a new $200 phone. I'm just saying that I wouldn't run it more than I have to.

Yeah I personally don't think I could justify spending more than 300-400$ on a handheld laser, and then only for a rare wavelength like 473 or 589. Might go higher than that for something like a powerful argon or Co2 gas laser, but thats about it.

Though I'll admit I have toyed with the idea of buying one of the gold plated 5 mW 532's from LG just for the sake of having a "fancy" laser. :p

ARG

Perks? They are in Canada. At least that's a perk for Canadians :p

Yeah I was discouraged from RMA'ing my Libra over a dirty lens because of international shipping back to them... they cover shipping for the like the first week only. I can't say I was most impressed with LG's products, but they overall are a superb company (compared to some others at least). Whether or the high cost is justified is subject to endless debate, but I won't say I'm a die-hard fan, but I certainly wouldn't discourage them either

IsaacT

Let me see if I can draw some conclusions:

1. LG offers superb customer service during the purchase process. Once the laser is in your hands, their policies are made to discourage buyers from seeking repairs on units that are defective in any way.

2. LG has some exclusive products like the Hercules which offer advanced cooling techniques. The downside to these products are extreme high cost and oversight on some features which could have been easily implemented such as reverse polarity protection.

3. The rest of LG's products are similarly overpriced, while offering neither the possibility of overspec units, as can be obtained from the original company for cheaper, nor any perks which could not otherwise be had from the parent company or far cheaper units produced by our members.

So it sounds to me like LG is a company who, while knowing how to create a great web page and deliver good upfront customer service, is largely concerned with moving standard products with inflated prices and then cutting the cord via policies which inflict cost on users attempting to rectify damaged goods.

Just what I am gathering from all of the opinions(and facts) stated.

They replaced my defective Galileo free of charge....dunno about the reverse polarity. replacements/repairs depend on the laser, the pointers aren't worth repairing typically. they're friction fit, so they aren't really practical to take apart. (I'd know since I've done it several times)

DJNY

They replaced my defective Galileo free of charge....

Same here with my Libra who had "more wings than usual".

But on the other hand the Galileo and the Libra are cheapies next to many other lasers they have.

Didn´t know that you gonna kill the Herc when putting in the battery the wrong direction. Most of the cheap lasers, like the $5 pens, the SD301-303 series.. won´t die when mistakenly outting in the batts the wrong way and trying to activate the laser.

Btw, I was preety amazed when seeing this 100% duty cycle 700mW 405nm these days