Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pelican Storm Case iM2200 (pic heavy).

I have accumulated a few lasers now and plenty of accessories so I decided its time to buy a case to keep at least some of it in instead of a cardboard box and some items laying around on the table. I started out intending to buy something cheap, but I ended up buying the most expensive case I found! The "Pelican Storm Case iM2200", I found it at a Best Buy store for $119.99 + 10.32 tax = $130.31. This case has a lifetime guarantee, is waterproof, and crushproof, it is so solid you could probably drive a car over it, however I'll leave it to someone else to test that.

DSCN0261_zps9b326259.jpg

Notice on the label it says with foam, if you buy one online be aware that these are sold both with and without foam so be sure to buy the right one.

DSCN0262_zps07d4dc2a.jpg

Out of the box.

DSCN0263_zpsa4c6c9bc.jpg

Unwrapped.

DSCN0264_zpsf678a290.jpg

Turn it over.

DSCN0265_zps1c8a0595.jpg

The front, that round thing is an auto pressure release.

DSCN0266_zps57f8416a.jpg

You can lock it with two locks.

DSCN0267_zpsc1679060.jpg

Opened.

DSCN0268_zps8e4a2b59.jpg

On the bottom it has one thin foam pad and two thick ones.

DSCN0269_zps14225e28.jpg

And one thick one on top.

DSCN0270_zps6c8622b2.jpg

The two bottom foam pads are already cut into squares so you can just tear out however many squares to make things fit.

DSCN0271_zps188f98b1.jpg

And a rubber o-ring to make it watertight.

DSCN0272_zps8e28f21d.jpg

I highly recommend this case if you can afford it. The price is the only disadvantage I see but I would say its worth the price. The advantages are its waterproof, crushproof, and has a lifetime guarantee. Thanks for looking.

Alan

WISE CHOICE Pelicans are what the industry is measured against.

I found a huge one being used as a suitcase with raty clothes inside ata junk shop
had to stiffle my excitement- it was in the 'back room' & I had eyeballed it for a while -
the next visist I asked again about it and the lady reluctantly allowed me to buy it-
she said =dont include the clothes== it looks 'fancy' I need 10$ --

just the foam pluck liners cost as much as some cases- for mine its 40$

have three pelican FS suitable for shorties and pointer pens a JL Ti-B neeeds to have the tail c ap off to fit unless you go corner to corner- will include foam you can cut
$25 free CONUS ship- they are not new but also not beat up-- warranty for life.

+5 to the OP
sharp pics--

well done review!!

Reactions: GSS
Ah i really need to get a Pelican case, it really seems like the way to go for storing...well, anything important, really! JMillerdoc has pointed out a couple great sales on them (here and here), I may snag one. I am assuming the difference in yours- besides the price- is size and durability?

Thanks very much hak, much appreciated.

Ah i really need to get a Pelican case, it really seems like the way to go for storing...well, anything important, really! JMillerdoc has pointed out a couple great sales on them (here and here), I may snag one. I am assuming the difference in yours- besides the price- is size and durability?

Yes that's correct. They make a huge variety of different cases. Here is a link to the company web site: Welcome to www.pelican.com - Pelican Products is a global leader in the design and manufacture of advanced lighting systems and virtually indestructible cases.

Alan

IsaacT

This is the same case I have for my lasers! Works wonders! Also, I work for best buy so I bought it half off or more :D

I like pelican cases; I was going to buy one but I ended up repurposing a laserbtb PL laser case. Amazingly, if you cut the foam a bit and do some smart arranging of the smaller lasers it will fit my entire collection and then some!