Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ordered some new round bar.....

Gadget

looks like it's finally gettin' delivered. Anybody want a host that'll hold ~300 18650's? :eg:

6%20inch%20aluminum%20round%20bar_zpsenmtz12s.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Not sure if sarcasm or planning 1KiloWatt portable build :lasergun:
And, there goes the cat...

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Talk to Alaskan, he's probably got something in mind that he could use those for! :eek:

EDIT: Just for the heck of it, I checked out "Alro steel" for an average price on those aluminum bars, assuming they are 8" diameter X 20' long, and are made of 6150 HR aluminum alloy, they cost approximately $5200.00 ea.
For the 40 bars on that truck, that would be a cool $208,000.00 for all the host material that you could ever use!

Last edited:
The diameter is good, but I don't think I could even pick it up. Learned that lesson with my 6" diameter beam expander which weighs 30 pounds, far too heavy.

Hahaha. Maybe someone's working on a giant laser sculpture.

Alaskan, 30 pounds? That thing better put a 2x2mm laser dot on the moon! :p

Hahaha. Maybe someone's working on a giant laser sculpture.

Alaskan, 30 pounds? That thing better put a 2x2mm laser dot on the moon! :p
I'd love to see a giant portable build. Maybe 5 inches in diameter with 20 nubm44 diodes for a total of 130 or so watts all combined with a bunch of lipo packs. All put in one beam!

HHmmmmm ??? Careful what you ask for !!!

Four (4) knife edge combined... X ... by five (5) sets....then...all propagated thru a set of Galilean Telescope optics...:beer::beer::beer::eg::eg:

We cannot do Beam-on- Beam...but...we can get'em real close !!!

I see this could be done....DaRPA has like done it...years ago !!! :drool:

In a 5" diameter format ???:mad: Unlikely !!! " Man Carry " yea...a small box size !!

Dr. Venkman sez..." No job is too big...No Fee is to big " :san::san:

CDBEAM

QUOTE=Crazlaser;1455543]I'd love to see a giant portable build. Maybe 5 inches in diameter with 20 nubm44 diodes for a total of 130 or so watts all combined with a bunch of lipo packs. All put in one beam![/QUOTE]

I was thinking a few going into beam splitter cubes back to back and doubled again and again until the required power is reached. They'd all run in series beams into each other by placing the cubes on one side of the host and then another. I think standard beamsplitter not polarized.

Last edited:
I was thinking a few going into beam splitter cubes back to back and doubled again and again until the required power is reached. They'd all run in series beams into each other by placing the cubes on one side of the host and then another. I think standard beamsplitter not polarized.

Well...ya only get one combo per cube.....so
Even with a Waveplate....you would get ten (10) dual Beam-On-Beam. set up's....SO...the only option then is to knife edge those....BUT...you cannot...because the PBS optics do not allow close placement...for the knife edge system to work....unless you spread each dual out...and end up with something about ...6" ( Two Dual units in an L-Shape geometry x 5 dual units (2+2) = 30" long !!!! NO...that is not the way to go.

Something like this may work...Each Quad Knife edge unit with a Quad unit at a 90 degree.....so....Eight (8) beams per layer....and three layers = 24 beams
. . . .
. . . .
. . . .

All beams THEN going into a Galilean Telescope Optics set, which would collapse the 24 LD array down...to perhaps a 6mm x 6mm Far Field geometry....Which would have a very high energy density !!

Well....I think this may work ??? But...I have not the $$,$$$ to pull it off !!!

And...It will NOT be small !!!
:san::san::san:
CDBEAM

Last edited: