Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Optical Illusions

Watch this the HD version of this fractal dive (vimeo site version, same thing) and play it in a media player like VLC in full screen; try to position your face close to the screen so it is enveloping. It is long, nearly 14 minutes. Eventually, near the end you'll enter a sort of trance as it is pretty hypnotic.

At the end, you'll see.

Things

I love the cross eyed pictures, it just takes a bit of time and practice and going cross eyed takes no time at all. I could get all of those pics to merge into 3D within 2 seconds.

It's also rather easy to make those pictures. Just get your subject, take a photo, then take a step to the side and get another photo (Or move the camera if your subject is smaller), put them next to each other, and bam :)

ped

Watch this the HD version of this fractal dive (vimeo site version, same thing) and play it in a media player like VLC in full screen; try to position your face close to the screen so it is enveloping. It is long, nearly 14 minutes. Eventually, near the end you'll enter a sort of trance as it is pretty hypnotic.

At the end, you'll see.

Is there a "Highlights" version? :s

I almost never get the cross eyed 3D to work. However, it DID work for the one TJ quoted, except it was badly out of focus and blurry. Single non-overlapped image which is the best yet, but quite blurry like looking through a wet glass.

Last edited:
Here's 1

426844_10150851998478776_805243775_12476582_441633507_n.jpg

You think they are 2 different colors ?

Put your middlefinger between for the result

Last edited:
My monitor is a 25" 250ish asus, it looks fine, however it has a dithering issue that helps me see illusions, I cannot even go to netflix without notice non-moving objects that move, though I have never seen 3d work for me, I tried shutter glasses, movie glasses, even had the VR glasses from 1999 era. I think my mind knows the deal and wont let me see the 3d effect.

I was trying to make a blue and red laser that rotates to see if I could induce a temporary optical illusion in the center of a subjects vision after the lasers were turned off, never got it to work though.

Perhaps I used to low of power but to test it with more power would be an eye hazard. Imagine though, someone at range is aiming at you with a rifle, you make a swirling red and blue cone of light at them for a few seconds and the center of their vision twists and turns for 30 sec buying you time to get cover. :gun:

It's also rather easy to make those pictures. Just get your subject, take a photo, then take a step to the side and get another photo (Or move the camera if your subject is smaller), put them next to each other, and bam :)

All you have to do is move your camera 2 inches to the side to get good 3D. I've been thinking of buying a 2 lens camera at the antique store, but its not digital.

I almost never get the cross eyed 3D to work. However, it DID work for the one TJ quoted, except it was badly out of focus and blurry. Single non-overlapped image which is the best yet, but quite blurry like looking through a wet glass.

Its tricky at first. You have to learn to control your focus. Sometimes it helps to look through the picture, and not at it. A lot of those hidden image pictures work that way.

Blord

3D pictures are fun. This is my favorite. The 3D effect is pretty advance. You need a trained eye to see it all.
Tell me what you see.

Mushroom_Caves_by_3Dimka.jpg

WOW, thats freaking wild. It looks like its pulled out 5 inches from my monitor, but I cant make it out. I can see the shapes, but they dont look like anything I can recognize.

Blord

You will see a cave with 3 crab spider on the ceiling and dozen mushrooms on the ground.
A girl is sitting on the ground, eating something in her hand. And a wolf is attacking her from behind. All in 3D :)

ARG

3D pictures are fun. This is my favorite. The 3D effect is pretty advance. You need a trained eye to see it all.
Tell me what you see.

I always feel left out, none of those pictures work for me. I've spent half an hour staring at one in the past.

Edit: Whoa, I closed one eye and I can see the girl! WOW! (Not in 3D though)

Last edited:
Tell me what you see.

Mushroom_Caves_by_3Dimka.jpg

That is COOL!

Still can't get TJ's pictures to work for me though, except the first one. Maybe I'm partially disabled in this regard.

I remember reading post Avatar that a fairly large percentage of people (20%?) have trouble seeing 3D, and a small segment can't really see the 3d in movies at all.

Going a bit OT here:p but I can't watch 3D movies unless I'm dead center in the theater AND stay very still without moving my head. Guess I belong in the 20% :undecided:

ARG

Question for those of you who can see "it"

Does this animated one work for you?

dVEW7.gif

Yup, swimming shark. Not particularly easy to see, but not the hardest either.

Last edited: