Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Opinions on Current Ebola Outbreak

upaa27

Doesn't matter how skilled he is, there are parts of that procedure impossible to do alone.

It would be very very strange if there is no design that permits one person to do it, maybe with the assistance of some well placed loops, hooks and zipper.

Lol read a comment about that. Said they each draw straws on it. XD

Lol read a comment about that. Said they each draw straws on it. XD

Found the guy that drew the short straw.

OGUz6Yi.png

They SHOULD have a decontamination airlock so the last guy doesn't have to risk it. It would seem to be a good investment, as you never know when an extremely deadly pathogen may pop up. However profits are more important, so good luck to the last guy!

That is how it's done in labs that specifically deal with it... the whole suit is sprayed first to make sure nothing is left to worry about, before it is taken off.

Not to mention the whole procedure in the video should have taken place in a room with negative air pressure... not in a hallway.

Fortunately there just aren't that many true superbugs out there to take such extreme precaution.

That is how it's done in labs that specifically deal with it... the whole suit is sprayed first to make sure nothing is left to worry about, before it is taken off.

Not to mention the whole procedure in the video should have taken place in a room with negative air pressure... not in a hallway.

Fortunately there just aren't that many true superbugs out there to take such extreme precaution.

So why do the first guys manually clean themselves with tissues instead of all go through the decontamination room and ge sprayed from every angle with the respective fluid? Is it maybe expensive, so they use it only for the last guy?

Last edited:
1. That suit is not designed for it... it's not hermetically sealed. There are lots of different variants, the kind I'm thinking of, they use a an air hose, and the technician has to connect to a different one, moving from one area to another.
2. The room is not attached to a decontamination room... if an infected person contaminated the suit, you don't want that stuff dragged through a hospital.

At least those are my best guesses based on some reading... which makes for interesting armchair judgments, but not so much for accuracy. Surely the people that do deal with this, have thought of the scenarios and protection needed for more than a few hours.

I bet they find guys that never take the suits off. Some people are weird like that. Kinda like a security blanket :crackup:

The vaccine issue is one I don't know what to believe, some say they are a fraud, others they are effective, others they are dangerous. That drug companies often resort to scientific fraud to make their vaccines appear safer and more effective than they really are.

OK, what's the truth? All of the above, some a fraud, some too dangerous, some effective?

This is an equally disgusting opinion, and you should be ashamed of yourself. I hope you realize most humans don't want or perpetrate war, and billions of innocents do not deserve to die because others are violent.

I sometimes wonder about the human race, the way we war with one another, history repeating itself over and over again, proving we are too violent a species.... Something is wrong with us, it's in our genes. What is the fix? Education? Better parenting? Better examples for us as human beings? Are we hopelessly chained to repeat our all too violent history forever or until we end it all through nuclear war? You know darn well, as long as nukes exist, someday the perfect storm on the world front will bring about a trigger and they will be used en mass. Maybe a one world government will stop it from happening, otherwise, I think the odds are slim they won't be used.

Last edited:
I will have to agree from first hand experience, viruses can be cured, by entirely oral medication regimens aswell. Rather naive to think they couldn't be.. Hepatitis C is not an isolated example.

I see my home gurl up in Maine is creating quite the media wave the last week.

I really wish she would have complied with the quarantine because it would sat a lot better with the general pubic. But she wants her 20mins of fame.
(Disclaimer :I don't know Her)

Last edited:
Allowing ebola on American soil is the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

The MINUTE they found out an airliner was carrying an infected passenger, that airliner should have been ordered OUT of United States airspace and/or shot down if it refused to comply. It should never have been allowed to land here in the first place.

The affected areas in Africa should be nuked and quarantined for an extended period of time.

I'm sick and tired of seeing the US bailing out these garbage nations, wasting our money and now risking civilian lives by bringing their diseases here. They need to keep that shit at home and not spread it around. We are having enough disease issues what with anti-vax imbecile parents and their plague-ridden howler monkeys :rolleyes: we do not need EBOLA on top of it.

Dude, excessive perhaps? Do you realize how difficult it is to contract ebola? You literally nzed direct fluid contact, which no one in their right mind would initiate with an infected person. Symptoms show quickly, not much risk of a sleeper infection occuring.

IsaacT

Dude, excessive perhaps? Do you realize how difficult it is to contract ebola? You literally nzed direct fluid contact, which no one in their right mind would initiate with an infected person. Symptoms show quickly, not much risk of a sleeper infection occuring.

Symptoms usually show up 8-10 days after being exposed to the virus, and can even stay dormant for up to 21 days. I would say symptoms do NOT show quickly. That said, the host is not contagious until symptom onset so it isn't nearly as scary to think of people wandering around with it in their bloodstream.

Oh wait...it still kind of is that scary :p

Well its definitely one of the most frightening ways I could think to die..

I have to agree. Any of the hemorrhagic fevers like Ebola and Marburg are a horrible way to die. Having all your organs deteriorate and internal bleeding with extreme diarrhea and vomiting until you finally die an excruciating death.

Strongly disagree. At least with these fevers you retain your intellect and self awareness for the most part until the end.

The worst way to go, imo, is either slowly and completely unable to do anything about it... for example paralyzed in your own body, in pain, and unable to act OR suffering from dementia where you really aren't even self aware anymore.

I came across an article just today about a man who killed his wife who suffered from extreme dementia. Thank you to him, and good for her. I hope that should I ever end up the same way, someone could end things for me with some dignity too.

Horrible as this disease is, without treatment like you would receive in first world countries, you will not linger or suffer for long.

Last edited: