Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ophir 20c-a-1-y OUT OF STOCK???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasnt necessarily making that comparison Jerry but was saying you'd know better on bulk Ophir SENSOR prices since you buy or bought them in bulk for your LB 5W. Take it as a complement or comparison if you want but it wasnt intended as that. Was more of a statement or actually a leading or hinting question but it recieved no answer. Would love to know how much bulk ophir sensors are selling for these days. If you cant give exact figures a ballpark would be nice.
Thanks

Wasnt necessarily making that comparison Jerry but was saying you'd know better on bulk Ophir SENSOR prices since you buy or bought them in bulk for your LB 5W. Take it as a complement or comparison if you want but it wasnt intended as that. Was more of a statement or actually a leading or hinting question but it recieved no answer. Would love to know how much bulk ophir sensors are selling for these days. If you cant give exact figures a ballpark would be nice.
Thanks

I'd refer to post#6 of this Thread...:cool:

Jerry

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Just an update, regarding my conversation with CLCEN1 on Tuesday 5/21/13.
I hadn't received a call back on thursday, so I called CLCEN1 back.
The person that I spoke with simply told me that they had no more in stock.
When I asked if they would get more, he said, maybe in a couple weeks.
I guess it's just wait and watch, if anyone is interested in purchasing from them.

Just an update, regarding my conversation with CLCEN1 on Tuesday 5/21/13.
I hadn't received a call back on thursday, so I called CLCEN1 back.
The person that I spoke with simply told me that they had no more in stock.
When I asked if they would get more, he said, maybe in a couple weeks.
I guess it's just wait and watch, if anyone is interested in purchasing from them.

in other words, we wont ever get them back but we say wait and watch so you have to keep looking at our ebay store and hopefully buy something else :p

i highly doubt they will ever get them back in since my convo with them prior to them selling out was as followed: "We currently have 8 in stock and do not know if we will be getting more"

since they were under pressure from ophir i doubt they will get their hands on anymore and if they do, prices will go up greatly

norbyx

Well I got mine today, it came in a box of another ophir sensor, something that must of been huge. Anyhow I didn't have time to set it up since I left for a trip a few hours later. So I put it in a drawer an will probably be testing it on Monday. I don't know if more will be available at that price, but mine with all the taxes and shipping ended up costing more than $250. :(

Last edited:
I saw the same sensor for $215 shipped on Ebay a couple days ago after seeing this thread, but I can't seem to find it anymore... :/

I saw the same sensor for $215 shipped on Ebay a couple days ago after seeing this thread, but I can't seem to find it anymore... :/

you probably saw THIS but its not the same sensor and has been listed for many months now

that sensor is for IR lasers, is used and is from an unknown and untested source. i wouldnt risk it. your better off waiting to see if more pop up or contact jerry about his LB 5W system. you wont find them for under $250 new anywhere IMO. that was a one time deal from the sounds of my conversation with the seller. they keep saying they "might" or are "not sure" if they can get more in but since they also said ophir was pissed at them for selling these at $200, i doubt ophir will sell them more

EDIT: This is calibrated for Co2 lasers as seen HERE on page 8

Last edited:
that sensor is for IR lasers, is used and is from an unknown and untested source. i wouldnt risk it. your better off waiting to see if more pop up or contact jerry about his LB 5W system. you wont find them for under $250 new anywhere IMO. that was a one time deal from the sounds of my conversation with the seller. they keep saying they "might" or are "not sure" if they can get more in but since they also said ophir was pissed at them for selling these at $200, i doubt ophir will sell them more

EDIT: This is calibrated for Co2 lasers as seen HERE on page 8

Yeah, I noticed that it was for Co2 lasers... :/
I might have to pick one up used. I really need a LPM since I'm planning on selling lasers in the near future...

norbyx

Yeah, I noticed that it was for Co2 lasers... :/
I might have to pick one up used. I really need a LPM since I'm planning on selling lasers in the near future...

A used sensor for Co2, or a used 20C sensor? The 20C would be very hard to find even if used.

On the other hand you can buy yourself a laserbee NEW and have a superb LPM.

If you plan in selling lasers in the future, an important factor is to have a calibrated LPM so that you can actually tell the real power output, no sense in selling a laser that you think it's 3.2W and it ends up being 2.8 on a good LPM.

I belive david has some real good LPM on sale, they are ex lab meters and he is selling them for a fair price.

A used sensor for Co2, or a used 20C sensor? The 20C would be very hard to find even if used.

On the other hand you can buy yourself a laserbee NEW and have a superb LPM.

If you plan in selling lasers in the future, an important factor is to have a calibrated LPM so that you can actually tell the real power output, no sense in selling a laser that you think it's 3.2W and it ends up being 2.8 on a good LPM.

I belive david has some real good LPM on sale, they are ex lab meters and he is selling them for a fair price.

A used 20C. The reason I want this one specifically is that someone might sell me a used ARGMeter Ophir, but he's keeping the sensor. ARGLaser told me that other sensors will work with it though...

norbyx

LPM are the only thing that I haven't seen very often in the BST section. I guess that it's the last thing you would want to sell unless you got out of the hobby.
Anyhow some might just pop up... good luck in the search....

its common for people to sell ophir LPMs but keep the sensor. as far as that ophir sensor, to clear confusion up, the one i linked above is a 150-A-1-C which means 150W-A sensor, 1V/W sensitivity and calibrated for Co2 lasers

Status
Not open for further replies.