Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ophir 20c-a-1-y OUT OF STOCK???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck LL. I haven't heard of anyone's being DOA, but ya never know. Mine came in, working wonderfully and was bubble wrapped within an inch of it's life!

the 150C is used and doesnt come with the wires or connector

The wire and connector shouldn't be a problem, just a standard molex connector, you can find them anywhere.

Only factor is how beat up are they? Anyone wanna be the guinea pig?

norbyx

The only thing that it doesn't specify is the minimum power reading it will give...

Wait I just found it ....60mw to 60W... so in my personal opinion a bit too high to start... If I wanted to test a low power single mode laser it wouldn't be good.

Last edited:
I second that.. They're one of the best $200 spent so far!!

OP: Don't worry sometime at this time of the month their listings expire, Keep an eye out they will be relisted very soon..

Or PM cclen1 at fleabay | seller, He's got the best sensors so far!

I 3rd that :)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hey guys,
I just got done speaking with the seller, CLCEN1. I asked if they were going to have any more available in the future, he first replied that the manufacturer didn't like them selling the ophir's at such a low price. He then asked me how much I was willing to pay for one. I replied that I was hoping to get one at the original sale price.
He responded that somebody would call me back on thursday. :whistle:

if he comes back and says he'd sell you one, id grab it, even if it was $250 because you dont know when these will come back for sale. even when people sell their ophir LPMs, they normally sell the LPM unit w/o the ophir sensor. my ophir will never hit the market :p

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I'm just hoping that he does call me back, and wasn't blowing me off!
I'd hate to have to pay more, but you're probably right, I don't know if, or when they will be back, and at what price?

like both the seller you contacted and jerry said, ALOT more. iirc these heads used to sell for cheap ($50-100) in bulk, then the prices sky rocketed!!! i think the cheapest people can buy them for now is $325 for 10+ units but dont quote me on that. jerry would be the best to chime in on bulk prices of the ophirs

norbyx

Well I am sorry I put up this thread with such a bad news. If it's true that ophir didn't want for the seller to have such low prices it is most likely that they won't be back on the market at $200.

Well let's not panic there are very good options out there that don't need to be an ophir.
We shall see what the LaserbeeIII is all about... in jerrys sales page it states that it's comming soon... might be a better and faster and higher power laserbee???

I got to be honest, I still have to try the ophir since it's going to be delivered to my miami address tomorrow, and it will probably be here by the end of the week, but I LOVE the laserbee...it is just a simple little meter that does the job.

I think once you use your Ophir your laserbee will be a backup! especially if you get that DMM hooked up like you where talking about.

skipped the laserbee and went right to the best, OPHIR! The LB ophir is nice but expensive IMO

I guess it's kind of a compliment when you guys compare our
Hobbyists LaserBee LPM products to long time Commercial
Laser Power Meter companies like OPHIR... Thanks...:beer:

Jerry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.