Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

NUGM06 could be good for over 2W each ???

I'll be excited to see the divergence of those, and hopefully a spectrometer peak as well!
Based on the data sheet provided, divergence looks slightly better than the 520 and 525 nm diodes and in theory I should be able to get a more symmetrical beam with a pair of stock cylinder lenses. We shall see...
I only have a low-tech diffraction grating spectrometer that won't be able to resolve the spectral width of this diode, but it is able to resolve at least a difference of 5 nm in my testing, so it will surely be able to distinguish 525 from 532 nm.

Based on the data sheet provided, divergence looks slightly better than the 520 and 525 nm diodes and in theory I should be able to get a more symmetrical beam with a pair of stock cylinder lenses. We shall see...
I only have a low-tech diffraction grating spectrometer that won't be able to resolve the spectral width of this diode, but it is able to resolve at least a difference of 5 nm in my testing, so it will surely be able to distinguish 525 from 532 nm.
Any updates?

Here are my divergence and power tests if you'd like to see:

I recently built a Convoy M21A w/ a green laser diode: NICHIA NUGMO6 with a flat lens mod from eBay, the seller was “opticsld”. I purchased 2 of them and both of them were able to hit over 2.2W with G2 lens, using a 22mm JLB5A adjustable boost driver from JLasers. At the time, I just increased the current via 10tpot until I was able to see a steady power output while making sure the power didn’t just peak and then drop off hard. IIRC, I had it set around 2.3A.

I wanted to find a good driver that allowed a much more plug-n-play installation/setup. I purchased all the 22mm and 20mm 3A/6V Convoy drivers on Aliexpress from the Convoy store. These drivers also features an ACC @ 55*C. Running the purple/12 groups version, I was able to achieve 1.9W with a G2 lens. Here’s some pictures of both the first build using JLasers 22mm adjustable boost driver, set around 2.2-2.3A, and the second build using the 22mm Convoy driver. I also took a picture showing the heatsink temperature before measuring. And some beam shots, it’s a very vibrant green beam.

Attachments

• IMG_3766.jpeg
    IMG_3766.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3765.jpeg
    IMG_3765.jpeg
    507.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3769.jpeg
    IMG_3769.jpeg
    589.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4295.jpeg
    IMG_4295.jpeg
    871.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4296.jpeg
    IMG_4296.jpeg
    939.1 KB · Views: 19
I think for my next laser it will be with one of these. I would love to see a super bright green

Nice builds I just built mine as well this month! I had ZACH from Barnett Unlimited build a 2.3 amp driver for it.
This is the G8 lens I also bought my NUGM06 from opticsld.

Attachments

• IMG_0111.jpeg
    IMG_0111.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0106.jpeg
    IMG_0106.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 13

Back