Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NUGM06 could be good for over 2W each ???

Techhood had half a dozen blocks for sale, then he took the ad down after a few days, maybe someone bought him out and he's waiting for more to come in ?

Ahh here's a good deal > HERE PRIME

This reseller also has individuals > HERE also see them HERE#2 and also HERE#3

***** HERE'S A WINDOW CAN UNIT NDG7D75 and NDG7E75 listed as 1.5W @ only 4.7V and 2.3A but likely can be overdriven.

Last edited:

Interesting, the output power isn't as high but the center wavelength is listed as 532nm...... not sure how the divergence compares but it looks almost identical to a NDB7K75 which suggests it's not as good as a de-canned nugm

Nice to see they are working towards a direct yellow.

Thats wild seeing a DPSS WL on a diode, the price is a bit prohibitive, but I'm half tempted to get one just to have it as a part of my collection. You got a 5nm shift on the NUGM06, I wonder if something similar could be achieved with this diode when driven at its extremes.

Last edited:
They say 4.5V @ 2.3A same as the 2W 525nm, if true then these are more efficient, so who knows how much they will shift at the extremes, they do list a range of 525 to 539nm so......... try it and see.

Maybe next a 545, 555, 565, 575nm ....... Fingers crossed. :)

Maybe next a 545, 555, 565, 575nm ....... Fingers crossed. :)
That's what I'm most excited about, 532nm is the longest direct diode wavelength (in the 500-600nm range) that I've seen so far. Those engineers just need to keep pushing it farther to the right.

I need to throw like 4 amps at a NUGM06 and see what color it changes. I bet it gets up pretty high.

additude

That's what I'm most excited about, 532nm is the longest direct diode wavelength (in the 500-600nm range) that I've seen so far. Those engineers just need to keep pushing it farther to the right.
If that is the longest wavelength.... then what's the shortest wavelength?

There's a long list of laser diodes somewhere, also here's what Thorlabs sells, 375-2000nm

There's a lot of diodes on here that I've been drooling over

Ricker

Good find, guys! Hopefully much more will come into the market and drive prices down. Excited to see if anyone gets one of those 532nm multimode diodes and does some testing!

There's a lot of diodes on here that I've been drooling over
Yea I just found that list too, but I know there's a list updated to at least mid 2022

These images are a nice collection of our favorite wavelengths ..... if there's a more up to date list Curtis Oliver would know where it is.

There's also This list.

Last edited:
I've had my eye on the supposed 2 W 525 nm diodes amd the 532 nm diodes for a while. Decided to get one of the 532s and set it up with some fancy optics. I'm really looking forward to it since this will be the brightest diode available in this format. I'll report back when it's up and running but it may be a few weeks before I have time for that.
I'm not interested in maximum power, however, so don't count on me for that kind of testing.

Ricker

I've had my eye on the supposed 2 W 525 nm diodes amd the 532 nm diodes for a while. Decided to get one of the 532s and set it up with some fancy optics. I'm really looking forward to it since this will be the brightest diode available in this format. I'll report back when it's up and running but it may be a few weeks before I have time for that.
I'm not interested in maximum power, however, so don't count on me for that kind of testing.
I'll be excited to see the divergence of those, and hopefully a spectrometer peak as well!