Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NUGM01T : 8 pcs array 520nm 1W

Podo

Thinking I will just left the data sheet here I don't think anyone can "handle" the price though :na:

Like the 30W NUMM41T1 blue array diode, there are more, The NUGM01T.

UTZ-SC0417_0_NUGM01T_Class41_zpsd2knxdbx.jpg

Who knows will the 8 red array release soon or not though nichia don't make red....

Last edited:

Podo

Not supplied yet, only the data sheet for now but I guess it will goes like 1500+

Last edited:
Interesting, but I thought it had been agreed on that having more than 1-2 green diodes in a projector would be pointless since it would quickly overpower everything--or am I wrong in thinking that?

'high safety structure for prevention of removing LDs" hrmmm.... :thinking:

:beer:

'high safety structure for prevention of removing LDs" hrmmm.... :thinking:

Well that doesn't sound good, I think they know about us. But we will not be defeated. If we have to we can develop a way to cut those things apart if they're not just glued in there.

Alan

These are probably a bunch of NDG7475's glued together. At $1500 it still beats the price of the individual diodes. Very interesting indeed!

joeyss

If you wanted to burn couldn't you use a giant Fresnel like lens to focus these somewhat?

It'd be neat to make a laser illuminator like with the phat lights but possibly far more focused since the emission area is smaller right?

Well that doesn't sound good, I think they know about us. But we will not be defeated. If we have to we can develop a way to cut those things apart if they're not just glued in there.

Alan
I dont think its concerning but Im not surprised because these diodes aren't necessarily installed for extraction. I've never seen something like that as a bullet under 'features' before. Clearly proves we've been noticed yes, lets just hope it's not an irreversible feature from removal ;)

Last edited:
I don't know about buying one of those with a lens already in it, but I suppose it could be decanned. I'd rather have a NDG7475 with the can and window on it to protect it and use my own lenses. There is a ebay seller in Taiwan selling the NDG7475T for 200 and the one I received was the genuine thing, put out over 1400mw out of my G2 lens at 2.6 amps of current. I bought three more from him for $540 for the knife edge pointer I'm building, but I have not tested those yet to see what they put out. I took the chance because even at that price, it's lower than most sellers are selling the NDG700 at and for my knife edge, I don't plan on driving them to full output each, but I trust I received the real thing again. By the way, they are not pulls from a projector, they are new unused clean long pinned diodes (not cut). Of course, you might not get the customer service you do from DTR when things go wrong, so paying a bit more to buy from him is a good way to go because he stands behind what he sells and you will receive the diode in two or three days instead of ten if you are in a hurry. I don't know how this guy in Taiwan can sell them that cheap, I've been wondering if he got a break ordering a large number of them, or they filled an order with far more than he paid for on accident and is off loading them at a reduced price, although that probably isn't likely what happened.

Last edited:
I don't know about buying one of those with a lens already in it, but I suppose it could be decanned. I'd rather have a NDG7475 with the can and window on it to protect it and use my own lenses. There is a ebay seller in Taiwan selling the NDG7475T for 200 and the one I received was the genuine thing, put out over 1400mw out of my G2 lens at 2.6 amps of current. I bought three more from him for $540 for the knife edge pointer I'm building, but I have not tested those yet to see what they put out. I took the chance because even at that price, it's lower than most sellers are selling the NDG700 at and for my knife edge, I don't plan on driving them to full output each, but I trust I received the real thing again. By the way, they are not pulls from a projector, they are new unused clean long pinned diodes (not cut). Of course, you might not get the customer service you do from DTR when things go wrong, so paying a bit more to buy from him is a good way to go because he stands behind what he sells and you will receive the diode in two or three days instead of ten if you are in a hurry. I don't know how this guy in Taiwan can sell them that cheap, I've been wondering if he got a break ordering a large number of them, or they filled an order with far more than he paid for on accident and is off loading them at a reduced price, although that probably isn't likely what happened.

Yea if they have clean pins they are probably new, he may have bought them out the factory back door lol. But I have seen no solder press on connectors for 9mm diodes.
The Gball blocks are getting cheaper.
One of my biggest reservations about buying the NDG700 or NDG7475 is how much waste heat they produce. 1.8 amps for 1 watt and at a higher voltage.
If it was a hundred dollar diode even, but at 265-365 bucks.
Also I have read about people having problems with them.
But it sounds like you got a good deal, I have probably seen the ones you bought, but like you say, you take your chances and I have trouble trusting overseas sellers.
Also not overdriving is probably a very good idea.

I know DPSS can have problems if they are not burned in properly but the beam quality is excellent.
In time these will get less expensive and more efficient. If I can get 1.5w for 200 then I might have to pull the trigger but I am spoiled on blue power and other than looking good 1.5watts is not going to do much in multi mode.

CNI MGL H 532 532nm good beam output 1500mw green laser module for stage laser light with show-in Laser Equipment Parts from Industry & Business on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
Not too long ago these cost 3 times as much.

I will bet about a month after 2-2.5w directs hit the streets the Chinese Dpss will get really cheap, the high beam quality of dpss is very attractive, I would like to have a nice 5w dpss for a grand...that would have a 25w pump diode, wow, or a super efficient crystal.

Maybe they will make some bigger single modes for the laser show industry in time? That would sure be nice.

Last edited:
For myself, I won't put a diode like this or even a 2 watt+ blue diode in a host that doesn't have a large heat sink and when I say large, I mean at least two inches diameter with fins. I also want no less than 26650 batteries in my hosts which use high power laser diodes and always use a beam expander with them. I don't even want a pointer with a multimode diode unless I can attach a beam expander to reduce the divergence which to me, is horrible without them.

Last edited:
For myself, I won't put a diode like this or even a 2 watt+ blue diode in a host that doesn't have a large heat sink and when I say large, I mean at least two inches diameter with fins. I also want no less than 26650 batteries in my hosts which use high power laser diodes and always use a beam expander with them. I don't even want a pointer with a multimode diode unless I can attach a beam expander to reduce the divergence which to me, is horrible without them.

I hear ya, I have no problem going overboard on the heat sinking, and battle ship sturdy has a beauty of it's own, form that follows function. Sure lipstick size pointers would be nice but they are not that efficient yet and ultra caps are not every day cheap.
I did some more testing with my other 44 before I cooked it and 4 18650's in series parallel was fine but just 2 would struggle after a couple minutes.

I got that other linos plano convex cylindrical from sam and I saw how you used yours, but I am thinking about using a plano concave cylindrical and shrink the fast axis rather than expanding the slow axis so I can use less optics. But I am not going for a solid beam, a focusable cone is fine with me and it's more accurate.

But right now I'm still having fun with a 3 element and frying leaves at 15 feet. :p

My other method is just taking the raw diode output and using a bigger lens to catch the output at a wider/longer FL. I need to get some of the square mounts so I don't clip the edges in the 12mm housings threads, or just surface mount the diodes like they are in the blocks.

I still want to do some testing with the Gballs in place, I just wonder if they are clipping any of the output?

I suppose it also depends on our purpose, for a nice jewel like beam it's tough to beat single mode or DPSS, but for putting power on the ground I like the less optics approach, but as it's all for fun, in time I'm sure there will be some of each. As it is so many people think that a M-140 or a 7875 with a 3 element is making a beam because if they hold it the right way it kinda looks like it, but if they ever shine it on a concrete wall in an empty parking lot it's a huge frigging rectangle. LOL

Last edited: