Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NUBM08E the new 9-10 watter

Nitrogen is used for auto/bike tires and off road rock crawler adjustable shock absorbers because the molecules are larger than oxygen and leak out slower, granted air is 78/21 but it is used none the less, so you should be able to get this tank or one like it filled for " automotive " purpose

Nitrogen Shock Refill Filler Recharge Kit 600PSI Gauges Tanks Hoses Regulator | eBay

HERE

I don't know what's wrong with ebay, here's the search : Nitrogen shock refill filler recharge kit 600psi gauges, tanks, hoses, regulator

Red, the problem is that automotive nitrogen is in a gaseous form and not the liquid nitrogen that is used for medical purposes. Liquid nitrogen is COLD (-196 degrees f), which is why it can be used as a very good coolant for the diodes.

Last edited:

You're right. I checked with several supply companies near me and they all require certified containers, and in several cases a medical license.

Liquid nitrogen is fun to play with long as your careful. But my goal is to have it stabilize around ten watts without going to extreme measures. I though of using dry ice. The grocery store by my house sells it, which I thought was pretty cool. I've never attempted to buy liquid nitrogen but I'm sure they would want a proper container if they will even sell it to you. After 9/11 homeland security made it hard for honest people to get simple supplies. It's no wonder so many kids these days are turning to drugs. What ever happened to free country? Anyway enough of that.
DTR mention super cooling a diode shortens the wave lenght. I thought it made it longer. Ill look that up.
I was looking into how cold a TE cooler can go and I saw somewhere that it can go as low as -190° F. Just as long as the temperature differential isn't to great. So I'm just waiting for a couple parts to come in and I'll be ready to give it a try.
By the way I have over 300 lbs of heatsinks should anyone want any. Some are those heatpipe cpu coolers with fans but most are just big aluminum ones and some have copper cores.

I have a lot of liquid nitrogen in my lab but I would be scared to use it on the diode. If you freeze with it a polymer elastic at room temperature it starts to crack. Are you sure that GaN crystals (with defects) do not crack at superlow temperatures?
As coolant we use isopropanol or ethylene glycol-water mix 1:1.
But everyone in Russia knows that vodka only freezes at -40°C and thanks to this can be drunk without issues all winter long (unlike water, milk etc.).

A Question to those who know a lot about heatpipes in heatsinks for CPU (I know nothing):

Does the word HEATPIPE always mean that there is a evaporating solvent inside of the copper tube? And the heat transfer from CPU to the HS/fan unit is only as expected when CPU is on bottom and fan on top.
If I want to turn it head over heels and use HS with heatpipes UNDER the laser unit - will this not work?

More Techood talk about NUBM08!

New message from: techhood Top Rated Seller(11,029YellowShooting Star)

Please give us 2weeks around the price will come down.
Regards,
Robinson

Hi Mods, would you please delete the 2 pages of spam, it really is annoying and gets in the way of the thread.

Thanks!

We just saw the nubm06 hit nearly 8 watts at only 4.5a and it was rated as a 32w block.
50631d1458475322-nubm06-diode-copper-aluminum-host-1458475245515.jpg

Now comes the 36w rated 08e.

I will take 2 diodes.

Wow, that's impressive. Just saw the post now and I must add, what a beautiful LPM, I've seen a photo of one of those before but now don't remember where or who makes that, do you know?

RD tech!

I can't find the NUBMO8 blocks anymore looks like they have been sold or removed!

Yeah I'm sure they will be back.

Last edited:
They will be back around, a week ago you said 2 weeks, lol.
ABarnett is hunting some new stuff and besides that it's just a matter of time.

Say, do you guys want to go splits on a 20,000.00 NEC projector....don't know what's in it LOL that's a joke people.

But these look interesting, I wonder what's in one? I wonder if we could get " replacement " parts. Osram mayhaps?
http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odk...11.TRC2.A0.H0.Xlaser.TRS1&_nkw=laser&_sacat=0

Last edited:
OK, you can have a piece of the cardboard box is came in, just need 19,995.00 before I can get started.

I wonder if it could have a grid of 4 x 4 combined for a total of 8 PLPM4-450's with a lot of heat vehicle behind it.
11000 lumens is no joke, that would take 8 blocks of NUBM06 minimum.

It says 3 chip but apparently that's post phosphor, the engine is all blue.

WHO SPEAKS GERMAN? THIS GUY REFURBISHES, I WOULD TAKE A USED PLPM.

HIGHlite-Laser-Infographic-HIGHlite-Laser-11k-WUXGA.jpg

s-l500.jpg

Last edited:
ss
11515-thermo-cooled-12mm-contraption-nubm05t-blocks.jpg

11514-quick-tec-cooled-copper-setup-i-tossed-together-holds-solid-below-freezing-does-job-without-condensation-s-why-fins-contacting-tec.jpg

(Solid Copper Passive CPU Heat Sink (Top/Module Mounting Surface - COOL SIDE) and Cu/Al CPU Heat Sink & Fan (Bottom/Base) Sandwiching 1.5mm Silicone TIM which is Sandwiching a TEC-12706 Peltier w/ Mini TEC Controller - I have the fins in contact on the cool side to prevent condensation from building up and reaching the goods on top. I was worried that it wouldn't sufficiently cool the passive heat sink due to such a low contact patch, but the silicone TIM helps a lot.)

It's not very elegant but it was simple and I threw it together in 5 minutes.. gonna swap the module heat sink out for the larger black number in the bottom right of one of those images next to the NUBM05T blocks and possibly sandwich it between another TEC-12706

The way it sits in these images maintains below freezing temps solid as a rock.. just need to get one of these NUBM05Ts cranked up to 6A to 8A to see where the threshold is. Might do it tonight.. if it works out well, whomever feels like tossing a NUBM08E this way for some straight up abuse is more than welcome

=))

EDIT: I forgot to mention.. I shot it in front of my PC because I believe we were previously discussing water cooling and I was wondering if you guys thought it'd be worth it to run extra line off of my Swiftech H220-X setup to a block in my TEC cooler, or if it'd be negligible. I don't really see any benefit of pumping warm water to the setup since it's hitting below freezing as it is. But I've never actually done the double-whammy before.

Last edited: