Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New review: Wicked Lasers PhosForce Laser-To-Flashlight Converter

BTTT: Performed spectroscopy of the PhosForce when white light was shone into it from the "wrong" end to show the prescence of a dichroic filter.

DJNY

Great review, as always! Thanks a lot.

Would love to see this on my 3.5W 445.

I think we need to take these apart and figure out how to make them ourselves for a fraction of the cost, and fit to our own lasers.

^^^ @Tonny T ^^^

The "hack" that is described is not necesary at all; the dichroic filter that this man suggested has been spectrographically proven to already exist in the product.

did you find out how to make one?

thanks Rick Trent
I think we need to take these apart and figure out how to make them ourselves for a fraction of the cost, and fit to our own lasers.

Last edited:

djQUAN

I have some strips of remote phosphor (used with royal blue LEDs) and shone my 445 at it. got a bright white light. Thinking of making a table lamp with it :)

I would love to see video of that ,as I know more people would and were to get the parts ! need all the help I can get to make one ,Thanks :thanks:

I have some strips of remote phosphor (used with royal blue LEDs) and shone my 445 at it. got a bright white light. Thinking of making a table lamp with it :)

kilter

ricktrent4 I totally agree! it could be revolutionary. Plus, us hobbiests can make the same stuff as large manufacturers and still be cheaper :wave::na:

You might could play around with just taking a premade LED flashlight and focusing the laser on the LED die, to a spot smaller than the LED, but not so power-dense that it fries the phosphor.