Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NEW Portable DPSS Wavelength - 556nm 20mW CNI

DJNY

Yes he might live in a huge pelican case just with his lasers :D

No, he promised me to get laser pics inside his shelt during this summer, right Matt? ;)

suiraM

Speaking of quality and exotic lasers...

Has anyone considered attempting a GB for a doubled Ti:S with a 445nm diode as the pump source?

The diodes look to be about half as efficient as green lasers for pumping, and with proper coating on the Ti:S (S1: HR808 HT445, S2: AR808) and the LBO/BBO (S1: AR808, S2: OC404 HR808), it should be possible to get some output from it, even with just one diode powering it. Failing that, a labbie with several diodes in a ring around it should work.

The idea has fascinated me for a while, and though 404nm is essentially the same as a blu-ray, it's probably going to have rather different beam specs. Also, since the Ti:S can sustain lasing from 650nm to 1100nm, it should be possible to get at least 350nm to 550nm out of an intracavity doubler.

Having checked out the prices, the crystals are exceptionally expensive in qty 1, but the prices are likely to be significantly lower if there are a few orders, since the material loss will be a lot lower (essentially, they could probably cut a cancelled order into discs for us if we have enough people to make it worthwhile).

Looking it up... Ti:Sapphs are only able to be pumped from 514 to 532 nm, right?

Yes he might live in a huge pelican case just with his lasers :D

No, he promised me to get laser pics inside his shelt during this summer, right Matt? ;)

Yeah heh, it's going to be a logistical nightmare though. JDSU PSUs, HeNe, batteries on DPSS while watching duty cycle, yeah, it'll be uh... something else. I'll probably attempt something close to it though... Just to find the time, heh.

Just take one picture a day of one laser, and in a few weeks you'll be finished :)

Just do it under the same camera settings and the same lighting conditions. Then photoshop them all together. :D

It is NOT the same as 561. (I'm the one who reviewed that earlier, Fenzir.) 556 looks a bit "paler" whereas 561 looks a little "more ripe"... Getting to be real hard to describe.

Anyways, the pics really do at least show the difference between 556 and 532.

It does appear they were made side by side as rhd and I received them hours apart. :D

Anyways, VERY nice pics, rhd. I'd love to hear what you used to get those, and if you did any post processing.

How did you get them to ship a 20mW to the U.S.? Their website seems to indicate they will not...

Tom

It's a PGL-III-C. It has all those FDA safety features (interlock, keylock, shutter, time delay) that everyone seems to hate. (Personally, I have no problem with them). So it's FDA compliant, has an accession number, and advertised as a portable laser, not a "pointer". So >5mW is OK to import.

If you can wait 5 seconds after turn-on for your photons, you too can import >5mW.

DJNY

What's your budget? I'm not planning to sell this, but I would always consider offers on anything.

According to his other post, I don´t think that he is able to give you enough money for this laser.

Guess I have to start teasing CNI for making me a nice 510nm pen style laser :D

rhd

According to his other post, I don´t think that he is able to give you enough money for this laser.

Gosh, I bet you they'll charge a fortune for that. I've found a few other sources for those 510s and they are $1k+ everywhere it seems.

Because Im new here automatically means I don't have money? What is this?

And im not looking to spend more than $300