Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NEW(do over) JETLASERS GB #8 THREAD

I got my ti-b today.. very nice!
Glad it finally arrives. Thanks.

First-class picture shots and nice review. Thanks!

I'm just going to be a bit less polite and say this;

IF YOU WANT BATTERIES SHIPPED WITH LASER INTERNATIONALLY YOU ARE AN IDIOT.
I'm sorry for the caps, and the insult, but why in the world would you risk a $100+ laser over a $5-10 battery that you can buy safely elsewhere? :undecided:

Thanks! Yes, lithium batts are dangerous shipping internationally. Hak might stock some 4000mah 26650(king kong brand).

Last edited:
Any updates on the 700mW, 800mW, 900mW, 1W 532s?? Also, what are the changes in v2.0 to v3.0?

I'm holding out for MOR POWER!
The 700mW and 800mWs PL-E 3.0 are available. The main change from PL-E 2.0 is not much but PL-E 3.0 is currently provided with three options, mainly in switch. Thanks!

Attachments

• pl-e-laser-handheld-jetlasers-options.jpg
    pl-e-laser-handheld-jetlasers-options.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
:drool::drool::drool:

Are they stable now? How much for the 800mW?

The 700mW and 800mWs PL-E 3.0 are available. The main change from PL-E 2.0 is not much but PL-E 3.0 is currently provided with three options, mainly in switch. Thanks!

Received mine yesterday:D It's working just fine, and looks on spec, I'll definitely LPM later, but off hand the numbers Hak got look very right.

IMPORTANT: ORBTRONIC PROTECTED BATTERIES - VERY TIGHT FIT.

I would stick to AW protected, or unprotected 14500's.

:drool::drool::drool:

Are they stable now? How much for the 800mW?

"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETLASERS

When the final GB price is determinded the 700/800 will be available at the new store at forum GB prices- so just check in( and sign up) at greenlaserpointer.org

Once they are posted anyone anywhere can pay (several options now) and it will be shipped ASAP- no more waiting for the GBs to close from this point on.

len

PS there is now offered ( just for some models ATM ) a new host color in addittion to the silver-grey and the dark green-- its a dark grey color--nice.

Last edited:
Wondering also if there is ANY chance that we could get an 800mW with a PL-D crown for a direct fit of the BE kits instead of set screws..

Wondering also if there is ANY chance that we could get an 800mW with a PL-D crown for a direct fit of the BE kits instead of set screws..

Yes & no-- there are just a few Pro Pl-D in stock- all 445nm but no (afaik) 800mW-- I will get the info & price and post it here-

What makes the PL-D so much more expensive to produce? How is it that different than the PL-E?
to see all in same pic go to
http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/pl-e-jetlaser-1-2w-445nm-76020.html
OP & post #2

Well part of the expense was how hard JL worked to give it an continous duty ability- they prolly spent a lot of R&D $$$ trying to get the TeslaCool tm ( first used by WL) to work well-& I bet they had to pay to use it too.(not WL but the maker of TeslaCool)& the host is an improvement over the standard PL-C-- slightly longer... and better build quality IMO..
IIRC... (put together from convos w/ Gray)
JL started out using the lasers from other makers- and did a lot of improvements-(Sky Laser was one source of 'hosts')
the added more o-rings, improved metals were used-better/smoother focus - When these modifiaction were done and no more improvement could be added they began to get designs of their own made- thus the Titanium line and the PL-D & PL-Es
So now they no longer offer the PL-C, any Titanium and sadly the Pro PL-Ds are no more except for a few 445s( PM me if you want one of those- not many are left)
The reasons for the discontuing of the Ti line and I believe the ProPL-Ds as well was a cost effective move- they were not selling fast enough to warrant keeping them around- so non-profit.
The Pro PL-D ...
Nicer machining- cooler looking crown and tailcap- better/safer switching and the bonus of a threaded BE adaptor used by removing the crown so no set crews or alignment is needed. They work very well on the ProPL-D- most never remove the BE once it on their PL-D.. so just like the Ti Bs the ProPL-D had so many expensive improvements that made it non profit.

Personally I felt the higher cost was worth the improvements- even after they scrapped the cooling attempts. It still has a crazy long duty cycle and a shortened rest too. The tricky code was changed to a much simpler one but all that was too late for the PL-D-
No other company offers any laser that is similar to the Pro Pl-D.

or the Pl-E too- when you add the adaptor, the 10X BE AND the extension battery tube- shes a handfull and a half-- no doubt its the longest laser in the world you can buy commercially... Fanboys of Starwars are Ga Ga over this laser(sabre)--I am not crazy about taking this combo out in the public- no cop could resist having a 'chat' with you when he see it(especially lit up!!) & you cant exactly put it in you pants pocket.

I explained all the safe use procedures- told him that 'we' are laser wavelength 'collectors' and we are ALL extrememly safety minded. I told him that I normally only hand one over to anyone else AFTER take out the battery(s)<< most people (primarily guys) find that very odd- I always say its just like a gun- you unload it before allowing someone else to handle it--especially strangers!!!..
I told the cop if he promised me he would be very careful he could check it out (w/ the batteries in). I did all that in hopes that he might give another person with a laser the beneifit of the doubt....
rather than assuming they were up to no good. BTW we were all invited 'guests' out in the country on the river at a wake-- things may not have gone so well had the circumstances been different.
I was not worried about myself at this function.And I was only shinnning on the river below and at the trees on the other side. made a nice bounce off the water to the trees too.
the cop did the same-
i didnt ask to see his pistol.

After all that we had a nice chat-- I think he agreed with me that a nice 500mW 445 would be something he could use as a non -lethal device.
I did not offer to sell him one...

hak:beer:

Last edited:
Yeah no.. 800mW of 532, not 445nm :D

I would be just fine with the PL-E with just a crown that the BE could thread straight into. I put my PL-E to the test this year out in the desert at Burning Man and she saw some action, believe me. Awesome unit and damn impressive unit to bring out at the right time...

ah MAN--

Im '532' with envy
I been wanting to burn the man since it started-- maybe next year- long trip from Fla tho-- long from here too if imma hauling a mini camper and generator.
How were the lasers this year??

Both platinum and FlamP are BM vets-- Picasso too

Lasever sells a bare 1W 532 module for handhelds- see the ytube vid- '100 balloon laser pop'

EDIT 190 balloons!!
here is the link-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13aNFKO4wBI

also it was a 500mW 532 Lasever module in DIY build- IIRC it was making close to or over 700mW-- I can get one sent to you at a good price- just add host and battery--

-- I will find it and post a link- not cheap & your got to build it.
or just get a 700 0r 800 JL PL-E 532/W they will be listed in the store very soon.

greenlaserpointer.org

Last edited:

CDHDC

I received my Ti-B! Actually, I took delivery Thursday morning. Sorry for the late post, this is the first time I could jump on the net;) I love it! Very sexy. I'm wondering if you could press the "dummy" switch out, and mod it for an actual "clicky"? Not a big issue, but every time I look at that "dummy" switch, I want to push it;) LOL. Thanks Hak and Gray! Another fine laser that I'm very pleased with.

-Corbin

IIRC ARG replaced his.. then sold it/

Three of these are now FS- but not the 445 dats mine.

PM me for details
sorry for being lazy with my no tripod

Attachments

• JETLASERS TI-B beams 004.jpg
    JETLASERS TI-B beams 004.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 154
  • JETLASERS TI-B beams 001.jpg
    JETLASERS TI-B beams 001.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 236
  • JETLASERS TI-B beams 017.jpg
    JETLASERS TI-B beams 017.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 139
  • JETLASERS TI-B beams 022.jpg
    JETLASERS TI-B beams 022.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 122
I got mine in the mail yesterday along with another piece of pure cool...

Check them out HERE

Blord

Did you mod that 445nm Ti-B laser ? Or you bought it like this from Gray ?

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Yeah no.. 800mW of 532, not 445nm :D

I would be just fine with the PL-E with just a crown that the BE could thread straight into. I put my PL-E to the test this year out in the desert at Burning Man and she saw some action, believe me. Awesome unit and damn impressive unit to bring out at the right time...

I've got to agree with junglesmacks, a screw on adapter for BE's on the PL-E's and any future versions would be a welcome addition at Jetlasers.