Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NEW DIODES 4.5w "N450"(nm) and 1w "N520"(nm) +...

DTR

Oh dang it, I did look, He get's me every time ! :D

Nice. Did you find anything that interested you while browsing.:eg:

Actually on that subject of misleading click bait advertising just saw another commercial with my biggest pet peeve that makes me put the company on my black list of who not to deal with. Never buy from any company that advertises with the words "up to" as what that means is I know my target customers are so stupid they will not realize that phrase is used to make any statement that follows irreverent, non binding, misleading and downright pointless click bait hype designed to waste your time if you fall for it. I used to deal a little with the advertising at my previous employment and that always just got under my skin as it is designed to be misleading and is allowed by advertising regulations because they did not say it you just thought they did or at least it is legal to use in advertising in the two states I dealt with but that can vary from state to state.

Anyway just my off topic rant for the day. Back to work.:tired:

Last edited:

Yes ! Only everything ! lol (I want one of those, And one of those, And one of those)

"up to" ? can you give me a example of how it's used ?

Nice. Did you find anything that interested you while browsing.:eg:

Actually on that subject of misleading click bait advertising just saw another commercial with my biggest pet peeve that makes me put the company on my black list of who not to deal with. Never buy from any company that advertises with the words "up to" as what that means is I know my target customers are so stupid they will not realize that phrase is used to make any statement that follows irreverent, non binding, misleading and downright pointless click bait hype designed to waste your time if you fall for it. I used to deal a little with the advertising at my previous employment and that always just got under my skin as it is designed to be misleading and is allowed by advertising regulations because they did not say it you just thought they did or at least it is legal to use in advertising in the two states I dealt with but that can vary from state to state.

Anyway just my off topic rant for the day. Back to work.:tired:

Ricker

Yes ! Only everything ! lol (I want one of those, And one of those, And one of those)

"up to" ? can you give me a example of how it's used ?

I can't speak for Jordan, but I'm assuming something like "up to 10,000 mW!"

DTR

Sorry know you all have been waiting. I will make a graph out of this when I get a moment.:beer:

Sorry know you all have been waiting. I will make a graph out of this when I get a moment.:beer:

This is good and a graph will be useful for making a more informed decision on current setting but what is really needed is something indicating beam quality. Also, I have no idea what the beam quality is for the N520 either. I can't in my right mind make a purchase on either of these lasers if I have no idea what comes out of the opening. Come on, DTR, this is important stuff! Please, please give some indication of beam characteristics of these two diodes with a spot comparison for a similar laser.. when you have time :beer:

DTR

This is good and a graph will be useful for making a more informed decision on current setting but what is really needed is something indicating beam quality. Also, I have no idea what the beam quality is for the N520 either. I can't in my right mind make a purchase on either of these lasers if I have no idea what comes out of the opening. Come on, DTR, this is important stuff! Please, please give some indication of beam characteristics of these two diodes with a spot comparison for a similar laser.. when you have time :beer:

Beam on the N520 is the same as the other high power 520's. N700, NDG7475, NUBM01, NUBM02. They are all probably the same product line just different bins and configurations.

The N465's spot looks to be the same size as the N450. About 2/3 that of the NUBM44.

More detailed comparisons when I get time.

Last edited:

jors

Beam on the N520 is the same as the other high power 520's. N700, NDG7475, NUBM01, NUBM02. They are all probably the same product line just different bins and configurations.

The N465's spot looks to be the same size as the N450. About 2/3 that of the NUBM44.

More detailed comparisons when I get time.

Many thanks Jordan for testing such nice diodes:wave:
So N450 and N465 is the same spot size than NUBM07 (with G2)??

As usual you have brought to our community another laser diode with the specs of one experimentally deduced. It is a great service here. BTW, did I see a new B&K power supply, or have you had that for awhile. :thanks:

How's the stability @ 3.5 amps in that big heat sink?

Is 3.5 amps the suggested operating current and if so what is the max short duration recommended?

Also is there any color shift when overdriven like with the 07?

BobMc

These new n450 diodes are just awesome. Just finished a build with one in it, with the driver set at 4.0 amps. With a3 element lens she throws one gorgeous beam, with a nice dot also. Think I found my new favorite diode. For now anyways. :)

These new n450 diodes are just awesome. Just finished a build with one in it, with the driver set at 4.0 amps. With a3 element lens she throws one gorgeous beam, with a nice dot also. Think I found my new favorite diode. For now anyways. :)

450 over the 465. Interesting.