Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New diode!!! Nubm47-a1

diachi

Would these need some kind of new or upgraded drivers? From what I've heard the drivers are already the main thing limiting duty cycle with the 5W+ builds. If properly heatsinked the diode is fine, but you'll burn the driver up.

Might mean new hosts need to be developed to heatsink the drivers better. Or new drivers that can be heatsinked in existing hosts.

That or someone will need to come up with a more efficient switching driver - although I feel we're probably already getting to the limit of what can be achieved there. Without advances being made in the technology used for several components being made at least...

Must come a point when the traces on the PCB can't take the current too...

I suppose it is normal for them to release new diodes and not include them on their website:(
Too much teaser and not enough info;)

I'm going to announce a new 12W, make up some model numbers and tell everyone I will test when I get around to it and then ignore everyone but post everywhere else lol

What is that LD slot module Nichia lists as a 401-405nm at 20W?

I'm sure when he extracts some and test them we will see more info.

I would be excited too if I just got that block, although I suppose he could test one in the block? NO never mind, I'm thinking Gballs, these need a G2 so they have to be extracted first.

Last edited:
What if we take short brass or Cu tubes OD10, ID8 and cut the M9 threads inside?
I know Al tubes of that size are sold in hardware shops.

This could be adapters for G-2 or other low focal collimators. Of course, 10 G-2s would be needed, but this is price to have 10 parallel beams instead of 7-8 at older blocks...

I'm about to pop one out and test it. My new 6 amp remote pot drivers came in today so that should work well with these.

Pman

Be careful and don't rush the diode removal for our sakes. I was kidding earlier.

I wont. I got these new drivers and I'm trying to get them set up so I can use one to test them.

I may have over estimated. I thought it was an 8x diode array not 10x when I made that estimation. But I think 6 amps would be enough if it's an efficient diode. I'm getting some 8 amp modulated drivers soon. So that will be good.

Hmmmm.....Undiscovered Country !!! Many are watching....and from around the world I imagine !!... Blaze us a trail AB!!

Although my new passion is Laser Lumia....I am feeling the allurement of a dual diode PCB + waveplate combiner build....add a set of cylindrical's...tight and a bright !!!.

And of course...the name for this build.... must be........

" The Blues Brothers ":crackup:: Shut the front door !! :beer:

Beam out :tinfoil:

Last edited:
Side by side with a NUBM44 the emitter looks slightly larger. I will have the LPM reading soon.

Dammit! Right when I thought that I had made up my mind on what diode to get for my build, a new one pops up! Now the waiting and deciding starts all over! :thinking:

IT'S HUGE!

Taller too, maybe more square of a correctable output, but it looks big.

If it's making power I can fix it, a Cyl pair and a BE.
More square is actually good, but for just an off the shelf lens it may be a wide beam unable to focus, ir may need a wider longer FL lens, we will see, if the divergence is low then it could be great, that's the key here, the divergence, big but low divergence would be a whole other ball game.

Now big and highly divergent will need glasses, not just a simple screw in lens unless it's a bigger module to hold a wider lens with a longer FL, we shall see.

Last edited: