Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need people interested in 6X cylindrical pairs for the NUBM44

Hi Milos,

I tried the 3x 638nm cylindricals from OPT with NUBM44 and do not see any loss of power - so BB coating works well. However, for good beam shaping I would need 6x or more from this GB for that diode and leave 3x for NUBM07E. One set takes less pace than 2 consecutive sets.

Now I am waiting for half wavepate from him (called 90° waverotator in ebay shop). If this works out well, could be a subject of GB for those who want to PBS blue.

Good he also sells brass mounts for 2x and 3x. Were these 1-2cm longer, could be used for 6x as well.

Milos

One set takes less pace than 2 consecutive sets.

Hello,

You don't need to place two consecutive sets to achieve higher squeeze ratio with multiple lenses. Multiple cylindric lenses can be placed in front of each other and than on the end a single plano convex.

I can't seem to find time to post my tests and some photos of multiple cylindric lenses I set up, but I will. I promosse.

I'm just waiting for a reply back about availability. Will post here when I hear back

A, you mean 3 lenses system. Then yes, you can do a variable 1D Beam expander, but have to sacrifice 2 sets or find another PCV lens somewhere.

According to this program, you can get 7.5x expansion with 3 lenses from 3x sets (at assumption that focal lenths are -10 and 30mm the lens separations will be 5 and 24mm to get collimated beam).

https://lightmachinery.com/optical-...-beam-propagation/?key=LdWiuDNJyUaPB1sc6rdN2w

If lens separations are 20 and 22.5mm the expansion will become 12x.

But the length of this system will be higher than OPT brass mounts for 3x set.

Milos

Any word on the 6x availability, or this is a dead end source?

thanks

I think Glutton is getting an order together, there's a small discount for 10 pairs or more.

Milos

He last posted about this nearly 20 days ago. Thats why I'm bringing it up.

I sent you a PM, actually I don't know that the discount is all that much for 10 pairs, I was told it was a small discount and if people want them I already mentioned further back I bought more from LSP after the 1st group buy.

I don't want to step on anyone's toes but we are talking about small change and if people want them you can either do the group buy or check on availability yourself, I know the supplier is re ordering because I ordered the last 3 pairs he had just before the 2nd group buy started being talked about.

Last edited:
Yea just waiting for the supplier to get more stock in. Will notify people when they become available.

Milos

Sorry, Im pulling out of this gb. Hope its not a problem.
I ordered a 4x squeeze set. I hope to use it in combination with my 3x and 2x squeeze cylindric lenses from OPT Lasers.

Last edited:
I'm interested in 1set if this 2 group bye ever happens
Thanks!

Well it has been a good long while since stock ran out and I still never heard back about them so I will check see if they are available again yet. We would need to go in on at least ten pairs to get this off the ground so if anyone else is interested please post here and let me know how many sets of these you would like.

Last edited:
Alaskan, I thought you had some of these?

The G7 and 3X expander from SANWU works well.

Message LSP about 6X pairs.

Here's his ebay ad for 4X.

With a 4X cyl pair the exit beam would not be as wide but would diverge a little faster, but that's not a problem for the 3X expander, it's made to compensate for our divergent diodes, the 4X cyl pair with a DTR G2 and podo's 3X may work well as the 6X makes a wider but less divergent beam that is almost to wide for the expander, I may try a 4X cyl pair on a NUBM44.

Cylindrical Lens Pair to Suit Mitsubishi Red Diodes 445nm and 520nm Diodes | eBay

Last edited: