Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NDB7242E 445nm diodes.

• Thread starter Deleted member 16589
  • Start date
Wow that was some time ago honestly i don't remember. I built so many hand helds and many diodes later i'm numb.if i remember I'll get back to you sorry buddy.

Rich:)

Hey buddy,
I am interested in buying a couple with drivers. Could you set the current for me though? I still haven't learned how to set drivers. I hope to learn this at NWLEM. anyways if you could just give me a few days as I have a couple other PayPal invoices to fund and am in the middle of moving house but I would greatly appreciate you setting aside 2 of each item till the weekend including ur IR filters.
Those look like pretty nice drivers. My interest in single modes is growing the more I learn about lasers. This set up sounds awesome. Thank you.
Jeff

Last edited:
Are all the diodes gone? I watched your video, the first measurement you made appeared to be the slow axis which is thinner, the fast axis is the wider or longer beam. What I don't understand is how the orientation of the beam changed after 65 feet, the only thing I can think is happening is the beam had a waist somewhere between the laser and the spot on the fence. Maybe that's not it, if someone could explain what is going on I'd appreciate it.

D

Deleted member 16589

Are all the diodes gone? I watched your video, the first measurement you made appeared to be the slow axis which is thinner, the fast axis is the wider or longer beam. What I don't understand is how the orientation of the beam changed after 65 feet, the only thing I can think is happening is the beam had a waist somewhere between the laser and the spot on the fence. Maybe that's not it, if someone could explain what is going on I'd appreciate it.

Yea they are weird how they work and that's why in the past I was accused of faking it. But we wont get into that here.

IIRC But ill have to check my notes we determined in order to collimate the fast axis properly the slow axis converges at 50 Feet. I took precise measurements at selem 2014 But ill have to find where I wrote them down.

And yes I have 6 left. Once these sell out I most likely will not be able to get any more unless i find another source of them. these are engineering samples from 2008 so its highly unlikely any more are around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got around to putting this on a high resolution spectrometer. Center wavelength was 442.5nm, so definitely more on the violet side.

D

Deleted member 16589

Finally got around to putting this on a high resolution spectrometer. Center wavelength was 442.5nm, so definitely more on the violet side.

Awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty nice could be used as a hecd replacement probably with some circularizing optics if it gets that low. My old RCS, spectros a bit higher, around 443.

Last edited:

diachi

Got mine a while back, haven't had a chance to test it yet - packaged well though, came with the datasheet and arrived rather quickly! Thanks :D

I'll do a post about it once I have some more parts together!