Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Rainbow -- Post Pic's of Yours

Here's my updated mine! Really proud of accomplishing my goal :D

10219-002.jpg

-Alex

I gotta make a rainbow of my own now! I love how the rug shows the reflections. Makes me want some M&Ms :D

Haha yes, Im basically only going for wavelength then power. What I find really interesting is how as ones moves farther from the peak wavelength for either daylight(555nm) or nighttime(507nm) the brightness of each wavelength slowly diminishes :p

Im thinking of getting a LG <5mW 405nm Electra next. I know some people might find spending $200 for 5mW of 405 crazy but to me power isn't really attractive(at least for now). That 405 is a eBay pen, so not really 5mW giving it an unfair chance!

Thanks for liking the pictures!

-Alex

Don't want to derail the thread but you could very likely "pot mod" an eBay pen to lower the power until it's 5mW. Might take some trial and error to find one that is easy to mod, but still beats spending $200.

Or you could order a small host and a diode and drive it with an LM317 or AMS1117 (see Linear driver - Lasers Wiki for schematics). All parts except for the host are very cheap on eBay. And there's the added bonus of building your first laser ;)

Last edited:
Don't want to derail the thread but you could very likely "pot mod" an eBay pen to lower the power until it's 5mW. Might take some trial and error to find one that is easy to mod, but still beats spending $200.

Or you could order a small host and a diode and drive it with an LM317 or AMS1117 (see Linear driver - Lasers Wiki for schematics). All parts except for the host are very cheap on eBay. And there's the added bonus of building your first laser ;)

I'll have to think about that Atomicrox :D

-Alex

There's a chance it can't be lowered down to 5mw or less. Depends on the minimum power the diode requires to lase afaik

@Bruce - Incredible! (as always!) How long did that session take you?

[I can't rep you at the moment :-( ]

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Exquisite photo's as always, Bruce! :beer:
The 5th photo from the top looks like a futuristic boxing ring with laser beam ropes. :)

Awesomeness brucemir. You have a great set up for laser photography. Is this your hobby or do you work with lasers or photography for a living as well? I love looking at your stuff.

I recently ordered some 1" round mirrors and some tacky putty to quickly mount the mirrors and make patterns. I want to bounce a beam all around the upper walls in our home and take some long exposure pics.

Thanks!!

Clansley - the above pics were taken in 5 different weekly sessions. During the week when I think of what I want to try to set up, I will usually spend about an hour Thursday night setting up mirrors and stuff, and on Fridays I will spend about another hour setting up and lining up the lasers. So about two hours average to set up. I will then usually spend about 2 hours photographing.

Bowtieguy - I have thought the same thing. Next time I try that set up I should add another vertical mirror and close off the "ring".

Danefex - I will gladly accept the name as all of my shots are indeed taken in my garage.
The bad thing now is it is starting to get pretty cold at night in NJ, so it's time to break out the heater.

nwfreefly - The photography and lasers are my hobbies. I work hard all week and my salvation is every Friday night after the wife goes to bed it's laser time! That is my "ME" time and I do not even have to leave my house to do it. I look foward to seeing you pics you take of bouncing your laser around your house

Last edited:
Brucemir, some of the best laser shots ever.. awesome. Very envious of your collection!

There's a chance it can't be lowered down to 5mw or less. Depends on the minimum power the diode requires to lase afaik

If actually quite like to see what 5mW of 405 looks like. It'll either be horrendously dim, or "not that bad". 5mW of anything isn't much, but you have to consider diminishing returns as you go up the way with power.