Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Experiences with Mohrenberg

Hey guys, just would like to inform you about my laser related experiences with Mohrenberg.
1. PHR Coleman build off feebay: Once I ordered it he promptly responded talking about how it was "5 mW" , then I got an email with the tracking number. Within three days this bad boy was at my house and fully functional :).

2. LOC Coleman kit from LPF: Same process as before, continual emails back and forth from Matt to me ensuring I enjoyed the quality of the Laser (kit) and if it was what I wanted. It was my favorite burner at the time.

3. LOC in Custom Ehgemus host from LPF: I longed for a shiny host, and this was just what I wanted to get. There were PM's same before like the emails ensuring I liked the laser. It arrived about 5 days after I ordered (Ordered on a weekend) and when I opened it up, to my surprise, he sent me a couple cracked uranium marbles :)

4. Dorcy JR 6x and LCC: I was not feeling safe with my soldering prowess nor my ability to safely insulate the drivers inside the hosts, and definitely not with soldering to the 6x. I sent him out all the parts necessary and a settled upon build price. A few days later I recieve a PM with images of the set, and damn... they were shiny. Within the next few days they were mailed and approximately a week later I recieved my holy grail of a package (luckily USPS didn't play a little kick the can with the box). He surprisingly sent me a couple opaque uranium marbles and the emitters for the flashlights. :)

5. 8x in MXDL host...in progress: Matt and I were PMing when the 8x BDR-SO3 became about $100 on HTD, and I asked him how he would feel about building an 8x. He said "Just seeing the beam for a few seconds would make the build worth it". So I ordered the necessary sled, extracted the diodes, and sent him the diode, aiXiz module, Jayrob's 405-G-1 lens, and payment. I can't wait for this bad boy to be built and to see the magnificence of 400 mW's of blu ray goodness. :)

I would recommend purchasing any of Matt's kits or services as not only are they rather simplistic to put together and straightforward, but of a high quality of worksmanship. Matt cares so much about the customers aswell, as he communicates from date of purchase through a few days into when the product has reached the purchasers hands.

I plan on doing business again with Mohrenberg again. :)

:thanks:
~Jeremy

I'll second the Kudos to Matt - he always follows through on what he says and his builds are excellent quality and generally about the best prices out there!

What did you guys settle on for current on the 8X, btw? I'm having mine set at 320mA, I believe - don't want to push it TOO far but definitely want to break that 400mW barrier...

yeah, and i think the one i'm building for myself (assuming no mistakes are made on your builds and i don't have to use the replacement sled) i'll probably set mine at 320mA also, since that should hit very close to the 400mW mark.

thanks for all the kind words jeremy!

me too i will do business with mohrenberg in the near future.. for now im awaiting all my resources to kick in.. as to what they say here in asia " At last!! the global financial Crisisn is almost done!!!" hehehhe

I agree , Everything I've purchased from Matt has been shipped quickly and has kept good communication throughout.

Most definitely agree,
Mohrenberg is a pleasure to do business with.
Great service, fair prices, and thorough communication from start to finish.

Mohrenberg even took care of a problem that was encountered after my build was completed. His resolution for the problem. Went far above, and beyond my expectations.:)

I agree with this.

When i first joined this forum at the start of the month. I was in contact with Matt constantly. Not only was I annoying, asking countless amounts of questions, but he never seemed to be annoyed, even if he was, haha he didn't show it god bless him haha.

He has guided me along the way and I'm already making orders to build my own red laser. He has provided a customer relationship with me as I've purchased one of his MXDL 3W PHR builds and he has kept me up to date on how everything is going.

+ rep to him and a very trustworthy seller.

Tom

yes! moh is great he even sold me a phr module for a extremely low price brandnew too!
great guy

Yeah, Moh is great. I just had a great transaction with him, he was helpful, informative, prompt, and well yeah Moh is great;)

Well, now that you all mention it, i guess i am pretty cool huh? hahaha

thank you for the kind words.

Just completed an excellent transaction with mohrenberg. He was kind enough to ship my unit before I had even paid for it. Top notch fellow!

Yeah, I just made a smooth transaction with Moh, always ready to make an effort.. Wow :)

I don't want to say too much at this point, but while being in the middle of a transaction with him, I've appreciated the continuous email updates. I just got an email, just to inform me that he missed the ups man today, even though it didn't even matter. Other parts are still needed for the module. I'm a happy buyer already, and I don't even have the module yet! Thanks Matt!