Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

most of my lasers, 12 Megapixel camera in a motel room updated

I considered making this an all in one review but it's not really that, more of a slide show. Lasers from my signature not shown are the genesis sight, RPL (I don't have it yet), and sold lasers obviously. this pic shows the 660nm laser, but it's in need of a new diode.

Safety first. the red pair covers all my lasers but the 638nm, the green ones cover it.

I'll go by wavelength. My camera did an ok job of picking up the 405nm, but to me it looks more violet and a little less blue. I could have done pics of this laser with the effects caps, but I didn't, maybe later. these effects caps can be spun (duh) to make really sweet patters.

My rifle, I like this laser.

It's a bit hard to make out, but I'm visible, in a shirt that is my avatar here. from alex grey's website. InterBeing - Men's Short Sleeve

This was not taken in the motel room like the rest, obviously, but is still the rifle.

this was the mega moon a while back with my rifle.

zoomed in a little, the moon made a similar effect that the 638nm below causes.

rifle with effects cap over campfire at night, embers were caught in the exposure, which I took to give the smoke time to travel through more of the beams.

Rifle compared to my old PL-E mechanical.

ok no more rifle pics. My bonus laser from Blord, cause he is so awesome.

My 638nm multi mode, the light from this laser did strange things to my camera.

In this shot the dot seems round, but I promise, it's not. the red reflects off the white very bright.

you can note the terrible divergence of these diodes by the quickly expanding ribbon.

Here's that wierd effect again.

The DominatoR. as the name suggests, it overpowers all my other lasers. to take pics inside, I had to focus the dot wide enough to not set the wall, or ceiling on fire, so the beam shots are mostly showing a narrower beam due to the focal point. set to infinity, it looks a bit different. the camera doesn't do this laser justice, you can't grasp it's power just by looking at the comparison shots, this laser is simply obscenely powerful and weapon-grade dangerous. my other lasers burn, this torches and ignites. I guess the rifle can ignite some stuff, but not like this.

DominatoR beam on top, rifle below.

If youy can't tell them apart you have not been paying attention.

Finally, here the 405nm, 445nm rifle, 532nm, and 638nm are seen together. my hand blocks the glare from the lenses.

Last edited:

Re: most of my lasers, 12 Megapixel camera in a motel room

Great shots ShakenAwake! I was impressed by the Rifle beamshots and diffraction stuff until the Dominator popped up...

I had to focus the dot wide enough to not set the wall, or ceiling on fire...

Crazy :crackup: Sweet collection there :beer: Oh, the comparison shot was nice too.

~ LB

I had Blord match the host color as closely as possible to the wavelength, that way I know which I'm grabbing without turning it on. one nice thing about the 501B host.

[EDIT NEW PICS]

these were all with a lower MP camera, just 8, but it has better control settings, and I think I am getting better at photography. what do you guys think, am I improving? (I'm being careful with this camera so I don't damage the sensor)

~900mW 405nm with GITD adapter:

100mW 520nm with GITD adapter:

~500mW optotronics RPL 532nm:

~1W 638nm with GITD adapter:

beam shot of same:

~300mW 660nm with GITD adapter:

beam shot of same (not so great):

Last edited:

Good idea, I need some GITD o-rings for my C6's :thinking: The colored 3pc set you have looks great, so cool having the wavelengths match the host. Looks great :) Unspecifically Great ;)

~ LB

Oh these are something else, certainly not the unspecific stuff from that other thread. no way. why would anyone think that? BTW I have 4 501Bs, not 3:whistle:

Oh yes, I see that now. 4 501b's Hmm... Very nice. 638 and 660. :thinking:

~ LB

Most impressive, I wish my cameras worked better when taking pictures of my lasers but they never turn out very good. The Blord laser looks like a really good one I remember reading about that model in a couple of other threads, he sure knows how to build a laser. I would be careful if I were you about shining a laser at a bridge, I am sure you are safe and responsible but some cops will decide you are being reckless if they saw you doing that.

Alan

I had the fist paragraph worded confusingly, fixed now. yes the dark red one is 660nm, only it's host is shown, and only in the first pic. it's pretty dim compared to the others anyway, but most of these are class 4. the yellowish orange one is 638nm. only now I have to pick a different host for a 520nm. can't have 2 green 501Bs.

My collection is nearly complete. or not. there's still the 520nm, osram single mode 450nm, single mode 638nm, and PL-E pro 473nm to consider. Oh yeah, and a yellow wavelength. maybe not nearly complete

these pics aren't the best, let's just say I've spent orders of magnitude more $ on the subjects than the camera. pretty sure my cheapest laser cost more than my camera

@ Pi R Squared: that was the lowest on the bridge I pointed it, and only long enough to get the pic, then I absconded from the area. the angle of the beam would have made it difficult to see from most spots on the bridge. the cables and bridges' bright lights would have blocked it from most of the cars on the bridge, and even those that could see it faced only a distraction hazard, believe me San Francisco has no shortage of those. It is nearly as hard to find outdoor places safe to use lasers as it is shoot guns

Last edited:

Blord

Thanks for the pictures. They surely shows the nice beams and diffraction pattern.

Don't worry about the red 660nm laser. I will repair when I have it back. The paint on the red 501B looks pretty worn.
I have actually two kinds of green 501B casing. There is a camo green which is a good match for the forest green 520nm laser. :)

Consider it free advertising my friend, you made nearly all of them. not worried at all about the 660nm, just trying to get a chance to send it back. it got quite a lot of use while you had the rest, hence the wear. my fault it burned out, I had it on for only around a minute, but used it again without a full minute cool down, multiple times. my fault, won't do that again, with any. even the DominatoR I don't leave on for the full 5 min

Last edited:

Pretty bad when you have to sneak off to a motel to be with your lasers. My wife would be all over that if it was me. She would know from all the flashing lights which room then boom.... Divorce.

Seriously, thanks for sharing.

I took lots of shots, then picked the best ones. I'm really not into photography, and know nearly nothing about it. I'm pleased considering the camera was $60 and the lasers I took pictures of cost over $1000 together.

I didn't go to the motel just to take the pics, but find the concept of escaping to play with lasers funny. My job has me traveling a lot in the summer, that's my excuse.

I forgot to mention that in all the pics, the light from the laser was the only light source in the room, it was pitch black otherwise. these lasers light up the whole room, the black light-like effects of the 405nm and to a lesser extent the 445nm are really sweet. my camera fails to do them complete justice

That's Awesome :) I was surprised how much light these put out too. Still looking for something that doesn't totally get overexposed. The mono-chromatic effect is pretty striking. GITD is one of the next things I'd like to play with.

Travel for work sounds kinda exciting :thinking:

~ LB

Last edited:

only my keychain is GITD. I forgot 405nm can write on those

Yep, been having trouble finding stuff. Will get a set of powders or o-rings sometime soon :thinking:

Do you often carry all your lasers on business? :D

~ LB