Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Most Efficient Diode Ever?

jakeGT

I just am itching to know what 1.8A input would give me.. Maybe 2.2-2.3W? I'm scared to find out.. I don't wanna kill this angel

jib77

@jakeGT ... you also have a freak driver IC ... Ive tested a few that can do more than 1.3A without heatsinking, I had one do 1.54A once.

that dmm thread was funny. you were so adamant about you knowing what you were doing. but i'm glad you finally got it. congrats on that great diode!!!

michael.

DTR

Very nice. Looks like you got a hot one.:beer:

jakeGT

that dmm thread was funny. you were so adamant about you knowing what you were doing. but i'm glad you finally got it. congrats on that great diode!!!

michael.

Haha you want to know why I thought I knew what I was doing? because on my dmm, (first dmm ever) I thought COM was the middle, AND the very right slot, So when you guys said stick the god dang black lead in COM I thought IT IS IN COM AHHHHHHHHH

And thanks jordan, Me thinks you should have kept this last one for yourself :)

Tonga

No, it was the diode, and I blew that one to smithereens. I think the driver when I had it heatsinked touch the host and blew up, both driver and diode were lost that day.

This is a brand new diode I got from jordan in the mail today, and another jib 1.3A driver

Crap,.. I'm having the same sounding kind of trouble, I may have done the same thing:(.

Glad you got such a good build this time man, Thanks;)!! That's what I'm going for!