Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Mohrenberg Police Side Clicky Host!!!

jakeGT

Okay, so here it goes, another attempt at a review. I just wanna say a few things first, I had a little trouble with this because I was having weird output coming from my laser until moh paid for me to send it to DTR to have him look at it, and realized that I didn't short the driver first and forgot the heatshrink and killed my diode :(

So when I got it back it was allll better, this host is using a microboost set to 1.37A and doing 1080mW.

This host is a one of a kind, unless somebody else has this host, I am the only one to have it, and I do believe it is the first host to have" in house" charging capabilities. This means you can charge the laser with that battery still in the host, just by simply plugging it into the wall. You can even lase when it is on the charger! So, sad that your battery is dead and still wanna burn more crap? No problem, just plug the charger in and keep on going.

The host is amazing, i love the feel of it. It is VERY VERY solid in the hand, and feels very heavy, which is a good thing for me. I like a nice heavy, sturdy feeling host that I'm not gonna drop. Once again, it just feels awesome in your hand. It has a side clicky which is also awesome, and very easy to use when lasing. No need to use two hands to turn it on. The button feels very good and very smooth.

I love the crenelated head, and it can head and tail stand! It also has a compass in the tail, but the chinese don't know which way north is so mine is backwards, north points directly to south. But oh well, I'm not going hiking for a while.

It came with a home charger, car charger, and an 2800mAh 18650 and a cool looking box which I didn't take pics of.

p1014713.jpg

1085mW pk Not too shabby eh?!

Host pictures
101_2190.jpg

Head stand

101_2179.jpg

101_2178.jpg

101_2176.jpg

Size comparison to my jayrob DTR 2d mag, and some 32600 and 18650 cells.

101_2174.jpg

101_2191.jpg

101_2194.jpg

In house charger!

Now time for a couple beam pics.

101_2188.jpg

101_2183.jpg

101_2182.jpg

101_2185.jpg

101_2186.jpg

OHHHH YEAHHHH

This host is awesome, and I love it. A great kid from Moh, and he helped me when I screwed it up and took care of everything to help me get it fixed, he's a great guy with great service and I recommend him and his products to everyone, you will not be disappointed.
I got this kit in an auction from Moh, but I know he has ordered another one to offer as a kit and should offer more of them because it is a very unique/awesome host!

EDIT:::: So everybody, I got my host back today, with a microboost drive set to 500mA by DTR, threw in my BDR-SO6J 12x diode from Glenn, and was amazed at what went down.

830mW-817mW in a 1 minute run on my NOSPIN LPM test.

I have to take some more pictures tonight of the beam, and do a 405/445 aixiz glass lens test and will add them ASAP!

EDIT AGAIN

Alright everybody, here is the beam pictures I said I would get, this may be my new favorite laser!

12xbeam7.jpg

12xbeam6.jpg

12xbeam5.jpg

12xbeam4.jpg

12xbeam3.jpg

12xbeam2.jpg

12xbeam.jpg

12xbeam8.jpg

Last edited:

Arshus

I love side clickys. That host is very nice, and I like the charger too!

-Sal

jakeGT

thanks, i guess nobody else likes it:( it really is a sweet host, Moh don't you have anything to say about your host?

Man I really wanted that one! love the built in charger. Mohrenberg is definitely a cool cat in my book. I have bought quite a few things from him and never had anything but top notch service.

Sweet build and Nice Review.:) I really like the side charger option. Thats really cool.

+ when it lets me.:)

There is a built in charger!?!?! Thats awesome!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Looks like a very clean and nice build. Also, nice review :yh:

Matt

Yeah the built-in charging port is what makes this thing so cool! and the fact that it comes with a car charger and a wall charger is nice too.
The heat sink is plenty beefy for a 445nm diode. Future kits are going to utilize the original pill area for driver sinking. so this will essentially come with 2 heat sinks. the driver's sink will come pre-glued inside the pill.

anselm

The charger is a very nice feature, 1st time I seen one.
I'm wondering, is the charging circuitry inside the laser or inside the wall and car adapters?
The host looks quite nice too, but if it was me, I think I would get rid of at least the "Police",
maybe even the logo as well.;)

jakeGT

iono, i kinda like it! I wish there was some way to make custom graphics like laser etched or anodized into your host, yould be really good to have some bad @$$ graphics on my lasers, but it would have to be cost effective also.

jakeGT

Update everybody. This is soon to be a 12x at 500mA with g-1 or 405/445 aixiz glass. Also have a lpm now, sooo will be updating this thread soon!

thanks, i guess nobody else likes it:( it really is a sweet host, Moh don't you have anything to say about your host?

Today is the first time I have seen this. Truly a unique and one of a kind host! I am totally turning green with envy, or in this case BLUE;) Great review Jake! +1 when I can again. Plus the compass in the tail cap is very cool!!

Last edited:
I now have one too! I just got it yesterday and it looks great! Can't build it yet because im still waiting on some drivers!

jakeGT

oh yeah it is awesome! make sure to mount that driver good and thermo-conductively, because my driver at 1.37A was getting hot quick, and would start to pulse after a minute or so.