Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Memory Lane (Pic Heavy)

ped

C'mon you shower of lazy b'stards...post your first builds :D

10fenny

Im on mobile but my first build is in my signature. Nintendo laser. Sheesh the beginnings of those pics looks like a few of my old pics. Oh God what's happening. Ahhh hehe jk great pics

DTR

LPF Site Supporter
What's with the 500nm?
And yes, what are you referring to as 500nm? I would throw all the money at anything close to that wavelength.
Yea it had to be some kind of mistake. Found it in a batch of PLP520-B1 diodes. I was setting up a PLP520-B1 in module with driver and when I powered it up that is what I got. I was amazed and had it tested. 499nm and 75mW with a 350mA. It worked very well there so I did not try to test it to see if I could get more out of it possibly loosing it in the process. Anyway I got an offer for it that I could not refuse and sold it unfortunately.:(

Great pics, what's the collector in front of this look like? Do you have a pic of one powered up with the lens and collector in place?
I don't this is an overview shot of it though.

Atomicrox

That's really cool, did it look like the picture? I expected 500nm to be more of a greenish color.

DTR

LPF Site Supporter
Last edited:

BobMc

Wow! I'm impressed! I'm in the process of doing my first build ( bought a diode off you ) so I hope mine goes as well ! Thanks for the pictures! Enjoyed them��

Last edited:

Pman

I'm amazed at how clean your hands look in all the pics. Yeah, weird what I notice. There's an awful lot of nice clean builds to go along with the clean hands;)

Cel

Awesome thread! :D

This is one of my first builds/mods. It is more of a mod than a build, but whatever.

It's a 532nm pen. I got really annoyed and tired by the need to replace alkaline batteries, so I shortened the battery barrel and threw a 10440 inside. The barrel also got a nice job with a sandpaper.

Not long after that my PL-E with NDB7475 had been completed (it's in my signature). :)

RedCowboy

LPF Site Supporter
I'm amazed at how clean your hands look in all the pics. Yeah, weird what I notice. There's an awful lot of nice clean builds to go along with the clean hands;)
Our opposable thumbs allow us to do so much, they are our natural super tools.
Try building anything, even your breakfast without using your thumbs, we don't think about them but most all our fine manipulation as well as acts of brute strength are accomplished using those 2 thumbs.

Last edited:

benmwv

Reminds me of when I joined the forum so I could buy my first a140 from dave! Then pontiacg5 and then you.

I started lurking when phr-803t and LOC diodes were all the rage but didn't join until I needed an account to get my hands on that holy grail 1W blue :)

Dont have pics of my first build anymore but it was some closed can red from a dvd burner in an aixis module, electrical taped to a radio shack battery holder, and driver made from a lm1117 pulled off the dvd drives circuit board.

vortish

drool and drool and drool shesh dtr one day i get my self a collection like that

paul1598419

Somehow I missed this thread yesterday. It's amazing to see what you have done for this community over the years. I remember several of these builds and many not at all. An amazing collection, indeed. Thanks, Jordan.

Last edited:

Lifetime17

LPF Site Supporter
hi you come a long way and still hanging in there with us as to others minds of bailed out of the scene. so i will contribute some pics of my builds..have more but enjoy folks ..

rich:)

Attachments