Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LUMIA- one thread for all-

AHHHHH my kit needs to arrive soon.......Speedy you are killing me!

LLOUD pls give me your address again- I have been unable to make it to the PO lately and its a somewhat expensive trip that i do not like to make unless I have other biz or lots to send out-
PPal has changed- if they are not 100% in agreement for an address they refuse to allow me to pay and print a label until the receiver changes their address at PPal- WTF? I tend to ship very quickly when its made eazy for me.

I live on a County Road but PPal made me change my addy with them to R.C.
:wtf:

on the good side tho-- last night I made my first batch of glass 'torture tubes' so all kits will now come with one- i will not be sending the faceted light bulbs as you can buy them at Lowes in a six pack for about 8$
but I will be still sending a way to attach these bulbs to your motors and the deluxe kits will come with both the bulbs and the tubes- and a second AC motor- ++

BTW my gb for projectors has moved into the payment stage- not to late to find the thread in GB and place/M your order- at $248 the mini LK 3D is the perfect Xams gift under or aimed at your tree!!!

and my offer to buy it back within 30 days is still good- as long as it appears like new and you pay the small charge to ship it to me-

yeah its that cool-

I am NOT taking any risk with this- you will want to keep it!!
I miss mine already as i sent it to T-mack Tony and his review has sent me several new takers- thanks 'T'-

ya'll enjoy your turkey day!!! hak

AHHHHH my kit needs to arrive soon.......Speedy you are killing me!

Sorry 'bout that LLoud- I am behind in all my shipping- PM your address and i promise to ship in the morning-

BTW Pooppal has gotten worse- if they do not like your address no one can print n pay for a label until you change it to their liking- I live on a County Road and mail comes that way just fine- but now PP sez it needed to be changed by ME to C.R. wth??

I really like printing my own labels and just placing the box in my mailbox- its a long drive for me to town and gas has not gotten much cheaper lately-

I do have a bit of good news- last night i made my first batch of torture tubes and they will now come with my basic kits- I will still inlude the piece I make to attach the faceted bulbs but you can just go to Lowe's or Home Depot and by a six pack of them for around 7$- be sure to get the ones with the smaller base C-7- personally I like the bulbs better than the vial TTubes- as there really is no spot you can hit that does not look pretty cool- with the TTubes you need to fiddle a bit to get a spot that looks good during the 3 minutes it take to make it around once.

JUST keep in mind that Lumia can be bad for the eyes with its back reflections-this can be kept to a minimum by placing your set-up above the heads of those viewing and staying behind instead of beside or in front.
Another solution is to enclose your set-up to mask areas where you do not want the image to land.

MOAR PICS!!!!!:drool:

OOPs I sorta did a double post-here thought I lost that last post-deal with it-- lol

B UMP

heres the deal--

Hak needs to rebuild his PP- I have extra LUMIA kits (basic) if you want to get one or better yet a $515 LK PD2 RGB 7 color PJ- ilda/PC ready-

Numbers will be scrambled by random.com overseen by Brother JamesCranmer who got the last one I put up like this- only 13 numbers in the pool- 4 are taken- 9 remain- max this time 2 numbers per member- cost- $50 each by check -MO or cash -if by PPal $52(the 4%) plz dont send as gift- give me your fav numbers and if not taken its yours- runners-up #2 & #3 get a lumia kit by hak- last drawn get thier $$ back (by check) Winners pay actual ship cost- for item.
The PJ can be shipped CONUS for <$25-
its a tested LK SD 2.0- the fav of my LK GBs- and sure to win over family/friends who, as yet, are not fond of your addiction to coherent photons-- -- good odds IMHO

PM for Qs.

TY for reading and keep those Lumia pics/vids coming==

Len

Last edited:
Thanks once I hit edit I could see you only need the video id, on my iPad both of our posts displayed the same.

I'll get it right from now on though.

Here is the pic of the rig for anyone curious. It is run live or programmed to a time line in LSX

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 115
What does the shaft on your motors look like? Easiest thing I have found is goto the RC plane store and buy plane wheel collars the same size as your motor shaft. Glue them to whatever you want to turn, disk, globe, tube etc. then just slide it on motor shaft tighten Allen screw. Done. I have over 20 effects this way none have failed yet.

^^^^^^^^^^ @ PB..

guys,,, (& Wendy) hope you can appreciate what both PB and Chris(Swamidog) bring to our LUMIA table-- we are very lucky to have them both come and share.
Both are very active at the show forum and SELEM too.. so :tsk:dont look at their post count or rep.
:bowdown:

:worthy:

:beer::thanks:

HEADS-UP Lumia geeks

Just discovered a diff . betwen 40W and 60W Sylvania
'faceted' bulbs from Lowe's and prolly homedepot too.
they were the same price- so i grabbed the 40s and they are NOT as good

while still in the package they look the same when held up and looked
thru you will see a difference and the big diff. is in the image size
the 40s make a small image in comparison --and that would not be good unless
you plans are to have a GREAT distance between PJ and where it hits.

If you just got a kit from me I will replace the bulb i sent- likely by
sending you some $$ and you can go buy the right six pack-
- the good ones are 60W IIRC and the base is C7- NOT the same size
as regular light bulbs- those may be the same bit IDKFS.
same prices so just get 60s-

to test what I sent or you bought- point laser thru bulb to ceiling overhead
the image should be largeish like >15 inches- the image from the 40W is very small that close .... Like the size or a saucer. AND some of the dot makes it thru as-is too.

the 40 is still a nice lightbulb but not too good for LUMIA

I am still on the hunt for clear glass bulbs- in the smaller ~1 inch size ( but still C7 base)-
Need a bulk purchase

so Noah already found the only seller for these
in a four pack and way too spendy. We may get lucky with an old string of these at some thrift shop- Need to be clear= and it is fine if they no longer work-(as light bulbs)
the bases on these strings of Xmas lites are where i get my mounts to attach to the gear on my 1/3rd RPM motors- at Lowes Xmas about 5% of the shelf space were for ANY glass incandescent xmas lights-
next year there will be fewer- 'erbody going w/LEDs--

maybe some luck would happen on these small ones if Sylvania were contacted--

also open to any ideas on a good/better way to attach to the motors- compression fit is OK but not so safe as the bulb of glass could fall off the motor- and i dont like to make the attachment permenate-

If you have something that barely slips over the brass gear- you can make a tighter fit by adding short pieces of shrink until you get a size thats is an even tighter fit- The new Texas Torture Tubes I now offer
CAN be attached this way w/o the use of the vials original cap- but you risk breaking the glass if you are not careful.

So cut some shrink about the same size as the brass gear then try it for fit-if needed add another piece of shrink--ALSO if you can mount your motor on its back - then gravity will not be making the bulb fall off the motor as the bulb will be pointing up- not down or to one side.
If you have a HAKLUMIA kit paid for but not delivered yet plz PM me-

also if you want a Kit with a (used)532 labby I have a few of these to sell- BUT to be able to see blue images you wil need a lot --;like 3 or 4X the mW- to see red 6X- and 405 is the hardest to see of all and except by itself and in a VERY dark room AND 10-20 minutes in total darkness to increase your night vision neither R or V can seen very well- If your LUMIA displays green first or all the colors you are using the rest will be drowned out by the Green- its so bright your eyes will adjust the others away.
Or..
Pricey but a super laser for LUMIA especially if you want a battery operated portable LUMIA box- get the AixiZ 515nm green DIDoide- at 26mw ITS EASIER TO HAVE ENOUGH OF THE OTHER COLORS TO SEE THEM-

THESE are plug n play- working modules- pretty shade of green and small dot- round too.
just squeeze into a 12mm heatsink with a very little thermal paste and add 3.2- 4 vdc- Do not count of the mount these come with as a good heatsink too small and too loose.

shims are needed to close the gap and a bigger finned HS is far bettter when you are spending $ 85 for a green diode with driver in 12X30 standard aixiz module-- these look to be glued tight so there may be no removing the diode from the aixiz module..

I tried to start a murder fund to test these GREEN MODULES to death- but I got opposition from an expert 19 yr old- who crapped on my attempt to learn more- if anyone is still interested in helping kill one of these just to see how robust they are I will chip in the first 20$ and can do the test or anyone willing to do it can- ONLY however if you know how to do a murder test and have whats needed to do it- a bigger and preferably finned HS w/ or w/o a fan- a digital clock and a camera that will tell us when the diode died- to the minute-- Actually if an 8 hour test does not kill it then I consider that plenty long- as few will ever run a lumia that long--IMO. but it would still be nice to see how many days it would last-- I seem to remember reading about a murder test where the diode was still running non -stop after months-- niko maybe??

to find and order the AixiZ 20mW 515nm module PM me- its kinda hidden at aixiz.com and NOT at all listed at AixiZ Amazon or Greedbay-- Laserlands sold the same 3.8mm diodes bare BARE for $125 IIRC-

ANYONE interested in a GB for the 3.8 mm 120mW 520 diodes?? I may be able to get AixiZ to join this and we could get a nice discount if enough are purchased at the same time-sources anyone??

also I will soon be doing a GB for 515/520nm pass and reflect dichros - like $30 for a set of two that will combine RG&B- (two pieces) I already know these are very good as real experts at P.Lex have done very hi=tech testing already

From China ship is $30 from TEXAS (to CONUS) its more like $3 ---hk

If you can't wait and are a member at P.Lex- you can buy these from 'Planters' he is USA so the shipping will NOT be 30$-

our prices will either be the same as Planters or more- but NOT less-
AFAIK these Dichros are some of the first to pass testing for the new green diodes- WE will also have the BSCs to combine 520s IIIRC you can drive more than one with a single tiny P3 Dr Lava analog driver from 'Flaminpyro' Jeff K, =he ships from Or. USA

hak
:san:

Last night my wife built a nativity scene in front of the bottom half of my lumia projection area, so now I have a little holiday scenery to go with my ballet of morphing light. I'm also testing the video quality from using 2 different cameras. Taking the blue out of the equation looks much better than the vid in my previous post, have a look :)

:beer:

BRB with pics of the 'shaft' on the AC 1/3rd RPM motors i get from surplushed-if you want a nice shade of green and small size is important (but $$ is not) the 515nm 20 mW complete green module is a nice choice-Swamidog picked one up from me at SELEM
everything is inside the standard aixiz 12x30 module add a better heatsink and 3.2 to 4VDC-- its focusable with a very nice beam profile= round dot@ $85-- I tested several and all were the same- smoothly right up to a peak of 26mW and not so bright that you wouls need a lot of the other colors. They kinda have these ' hidden'at aixiz.com and not listed at all on Greedbay or Amazon- the 3.8mm inside these were priced for bare diode only for $115 at Laserlands. I have requested that aixiz try to offer the bare diodes too as well as the 520nm diodes also. I will be going to aixiz soon for the company Xmas party so if any want one of these modules with free shipping let me know asap.

brb with pics of the motor's shaft

Last edited:
First pics show the mount I made using the socket from a plastic candelabra light drilled out out just big enough to make a tight fit on the brass gear that is pressed onto this motors very small (irom)shaft. When i tried to JB Weld a rare earth magnet I discovered that JBW must have iron podwer in the mix as the stuff creeps up onto the magnet and JBW must be conductive too---so use a/b epoxy or something other than JBW.
My next mounts will be aluminum tube with set screw(phillips)maybe two.

the next pics show that, at first glance these 40W bulbs are the same as the 60W but as you look at these pics you can see that the 40s make much smaller and not very interesting lumia--

Two buyers were sent the wrong bulbs- shine laser aim at ceiling how big is the image smaller than a dish - you got a bad bulb--

PM me so i can make this right,hak

Attachments

• --------------------------------------LlL UUU MM II AAAAA 001.jpg
    --------------------------------------LlL UUU MM II AAAAA 001.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 127
  • Lumia 1 5rd rpm motor shaft and two bulbs 001.jpg
    Lumia 1 5rd rpm motor shaft and two bulbs 001.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 100
  • Lumia 1 5rd rpm motor shaft and two bulbs 002.jpg
    Lumia 1 5rd rpm motor shaft and two bulbs 002.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 96
  • Lumia 1 5rd rpm motor shaft and two bulbs 005.jpg