Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LPF History 107 – Final Exam

DJNY

Another interesting fact, profile visits - note that Ehgemus is the fifth in this list with a postcount under 700:

Attachments

• profile visits.PNG
    profile visits.PNG
    9.9 KB · Views: 147

ARG

I got back from vacation and had the laser waiting for me in the mail :) It works great! Very compact.

Thanks Mac!

I'll be paying this forward soon, look out for some LPM giveaways :D

I'm still around !!! At 72, I have slowed a bit but I still play with my toys. My left eye was damaged in cataract surgery and I can't see to solder well any more and had to sell my plane but I survived covid easily !!! It's hard to believe - almost 14 years !
Carry on dudes !!!
Hemlock Mike

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Hey Hemlock Mike you should make a thread. I'm sure everyone will feel comfortable posting there instead of a thread that's been dead for 7 years. Just don't want to get anyone mad at you. Glad to hear you survived covid at your age. A few members got covid and all survived so far. Scary times we live in now. Good to see you back

Gazoo

I'm still around !!! At 72, I have slowed a bit but I still play with my toys. My left eye was damaged in cataract surgery and I can't see to solder well any more and had to sell my plane but I survived covid easily !!! It's hard to believe - almost 14 years !
Carry on dudes !!!
Hemlock Mike
Hey there! Glad to see you are still around and doing ok. I visit the forum from time to time and do also play with my toys. It hard to believe how many years have gone by since I joined this forum. I remember when we were harvesting diodes from DVD players. In fact I still have an open can diode harvested from a DVD player and it still works, as well as some diodes I bought from Senkat but never used them.

Those were some good times with the many members we knew back then but unfortunately most of them don't visit here any more. Anyways, just wanted to say hi and wish you well...:)

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Hey there! Glad to see you are still around and doing ok. I visit the forum from time to time and do also play with my toys. It hard to believe how many years have gone by since I joined this forum. I remember when we were harvesting diodes from DVD players. In fact I still have an open can diode harvested from a DVD player and it still works, as well as some diodes I bought from Senkat but never used them.

Those were some good times with the many members we knew back then but unfortunately most of them don't visit here any more. Anyways, just wanted to say hi and wish you well...:)
Maybe it's time to get everyone back

Carry on dudes !!!
Hemlock Mike
Haven't been here as long as you Mike...
Good to hear you are doing fine except for the cataract issue.
No one will complain about a dead Thread... You have seniority.. ;)

Jerry

Encap

Ditto the above^^^

Nice to see old members posting again. (y)
LPF needs/can use some more good posts from knowldegeable and experienced members to help get and keep LPF back on track at this point in time. LPF has been hammered by noobs, trolls, and Jackass the Moive refugees recently, some good post would go a long way in helping to offset the damage.

Last edited:

Gazoo

Ditto the above^^^

Nice to see old members posting again. (y)
LPF needs/can use some more good posts from knowldegeable and experienced members to help get and keep LPF back on track at this point in time. LPF has been hammered by noobs, trolls, and Jackass the Moive refugees recently, some good post would go a long way in helping to offset the damage.
We had our share of problems with trolls and what not back in the day....lol. I was looking at some of my old posts and was like OMG...what a mess it was at times. But the majority of time it was fun.

As far as coming back I don't think I can offer much. I have not kept up with the hobby and don't have the enthusiasm I used to have. I do love the few lasers I have and thanks to @styropyro I have a couple more lasers he was kind enough to send me. But I will check in from time to time.

If I do buy another laser it will be a violet one. That's my favorite color. Today I ordered a couple of batteries for a group buy red laser I bought here years ago. I hope it still works. I will always love the beams these things put out...of course safety first...goggles.

I hope you and others who have been here awhile and have experience will continue to pass on your knowledge to the new folks who are willing to learn. And that the new folks will pass on their experiences and knowledge and so on.

I have Mike beat by a little-turning 74 on July 3rd.
AND my left eye is gradually getting 'foggy'& I see some black floaters too.