Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LPF History 102 - Where Are They Now?

Morgan

*gentle knock on door* Hi. You guys are still here then?!

Been away overseas for a while so haven't been able to pursue anything lasers, :cryyy:, and seeing you lot have all the fun was just too painful!

I checked in as I may be back for a bit but unlikely I'll be able to play out as often as I did. Nice to be missed though and posting this now does have the feeling of putting on an old favoured sweater found waiting at the back of the closet. (See - I'm even using American as a first language again! Translation for the Brits - ... old favoured, 'JUMPER', found waiting at the back of the, 'WARDROBE’. ;))

Any outstanding PMs, having largely been rendered obsolete by time, have been deleted so I hope nobody will be offended if I haven't replied to these historic messages.

I'll be checking out how things have progressed since I've been away. (Nice little handheld RGB from a fellow UK member I need to read up on. Good to see innovation is not dead this side of pond.) Not easy to search in depth using my smartphone from here so if anyone would be kind enough to PM me some interesting posts regarding high output 638s, then I'd appreciate it.

Short but sweet for this one as I'm off for some steak but I hope all the US members had a great Thanksgiving and I'm looking forward to a relaxing Christmas spent at home, in the UK for a change.

Thanks everyone,

M
:)

ped

Hey Morgan, good to "see" you.

I was thinking about you the other day.....not in that way like ;)

Morgan

Ah, that's nice ped, I missed you too! Super Mod eh? Has there ever been a UK member with such power?! Nice one.

I've dropped in a couple of times and lurked but this thread was up so I posted. I was checking in periodically hoping for a, ’big red', in a little can. Seems there may now be one but I haven't been able to find much technical data as yet, (search function doesn't seem to want to play ball on my smartphone). I know this is off topic, and I'll let it get back on track, but any hints?

Thanks loads,

M :)

Helios

Not dead :shhh:

I had some major life changes. I got out of the hobby a bit though I still have my lasers. Might need to sell a few now that I think of it. I even sold off my lathe and my mill so no more custom heatsinks :cryyy: It was fun but I couldnt keep up with customer builds and real life.

I am currently in Kansas working on becoming Dr.Helios. Still tinkering but not so much in lasers these days.

Helios

Glad to hear - it has been a while has it not - always nice to see an old familiar avatar once again :beer:

btw - I myself am en route to Wichita at present, if I see Dorothy I'll ask her to tell you hello ;)

Just over two years :eek:

Crazy how fast time goes.

How was your trip to Wichita?

Also this is a bit off topic but I hope everyone is rooting for the amazing underdogs this year in the NCAA Tournament!

Shocker.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Blokes, I dropped in to say hi to any who remember me, I still have all my lasers, I use my first blu-ray almost every day at work, but since we stopped doing Halloween events the rest of them just seem to sit in drawers and boxes these days as I have little reason to use them.
Doesn't mean I don't still dabble though, I am building a rotary laser level at the moment and dropped in to see if anyone had done anything similar ( I research everything I do :))
Kind regards to all those members who helped me in the beginning, I am always pleased to see that my input to the forum is still of use.

Regards Rog

Reactions: GSS

Gabe

Hey rog, clearly your times here were far before mine but welcome back nonetheless! It's always great to hear how long this hobby can stick with someone. What do you use your 405nm for every day still?

What do you use your 405nm for every day still?
I teach on a nature reserve and put small critters under a microscope which are then projected on a big screen, lots of pointing required....I have been known to use one of my 7 colour lasers for the same thing but it seems to be a bit of a distraction :)

Regards Rog

diachi

Hi Blokes, I dropped in to say hi to any who remember me, I still have all my lasers, I use my first blu-ray almost every day at work, but since we stopped doing Halloween events the rest of them just seem to sit in drawers and boxes these days as I have little reason to use them.
Doesn't mean I don't still dabble though, I am building a rotary laser level at the moment and dropped in to see if anyone had done anything similar ( I research everything I do :))
Kind regards to all those members who helped me in the beginning, I am always pleased to see that my input to the forum is still of use.

Regards Rog

I remember you!

What do you mean by rotary laser level?

Gabe

I remember you!

What do you mean by rotary laser level?

Basically it just tracks a laser dot around in a perfectly level circle very fast, leaving a nice 360° line. I've used them before for foundation setting and painting :)

Were there really people with under 1000 posts and a rep of close to 4000? I've only been here three years, but don't remember anything like that.

Gabe

Were there really people with under 1000 posts and a rep of close to 4000? I've only been here three years, but don't remember anything like that.

No, there's a difference between rep power and rep points. You for example have 1088 rep POWER, but 107638 rep POINTS. I think rep points is just what you've received, while rep power is like 1/100 of your rep points plus points for every certain amount of posts and bonuses from how long you've been here, that's why they don't match exactly 100:1

Last edited: