Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for a host? Click me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTerbo

Hahahah that looks like its from the dark side...it needs a LOC :D
I would update OP with all these new ones but i cant edit my post for some reason...
im having troubles :/

Hello,

LP and candlepowerforums lurker from time to time. Although... Oh well! Let me share some bits too.

I recently bought one of those 5mW cheap pen-like units off eBay, for toying around a bit. Even those things are bright, all my friends got impressed; in fact, I ended up trading the laser, someone got too interested.
One more for me, one more for my nephew (who got his heart set)... Among the toying, I've noticed and taken a look at those not so toylike units and DIY sets. Considering that even the toy units are to be taken with a bit of care with regards to safety...

Well, I just picked up a new cheap flashlight, replacement for my broken crappy headlamp. After a bit of a tour through the eBay search engine, I found (and bought) this: ZOOMABLE 7W CREE LED Flashlight Torch +2x 18650+Charger - eBay (item 140516109220 end time Feb-25-11 10:36:00 PST)
Well, you know, 7W (?) light, sounds like a 2A driver...
Seemed a nice host for one of those 2W output blue lasers.
Adding a focusing laser diode housing, a diode, a coated glass lens... what else? A copper heatsink (what? which one?)... What if we fire the laser through the headlight lens? :san:
A set of safety googles for sure!

Take care.
Cheers

Last edited:
I liked the uniquefire and the that high metallic-finish one right after it. I've been obsessed with the 'tactical pointy' ones ever since I saw a triple prong deal. I just ordered a host for a 405 but there's some great ones here.

wby300

So where do we get the locking laser host the laser companies use? I actually found a distributor in China and can get these in small quantities, I dont know how well they are but they come with a battery and charger and is actually a working laser but the insides could be removed. I am considering ordering a couple just to see what quality they are.
Toplaser301 100mW Blue Purple Laser Pointer Kit - Detailed info for Toplaser301 100mW Blue Purple Laser Pointer Kit,Laser Pointer,Toplaser301 100mW Blue Purple Laser Pointer Kit,100mW on Alibaba.com
Description:
Top-301 Blue Purple laser
Max Output: 100mW Blue purple Adjustable focal laser
Wavelength: 405nm
100% quality guaranteed, sure to make you satisfied
Made of high quality aluminum alloy, durable enough, waterproof and shatter resistant
Fit easily in your pocket, purse or briefcase
Great for pointing objects from long distance
Size(mm): 113/145(L)X23(D) X23(D)
Color: Black
Battery: 1X 18650(included)/ 1x CR123A(not included)
Weight(g):110/ 380
packing Size(mm):180(L)x 108(W)x 42(H)
Including: White box

few number is acceptable.

Our price is$33.18/set (includ Battery: 1X 18650 & chargers )

I told them I would be interested in 2-5 units, they may turn out to be really nice, as a host. I have an online hobby shop and used it as a way to order these, shipping should not be bad and should be around a week, if they are like our other China distributors.

Hmm...
...I think this one would make for a good host...

6834206116_8a6d96d81b_b.jpg

:evil:

This is the host I used for my direct-drive 445nm laser:
uv8a.jpg

Finned heatsink & nice style.

LarryDFW

Last edited:
Eh, if you'd machine off the cone shaped crown and the fake diamonds, then it'll look like something.

Personally I hate cone shaped focus adapters and flashlight heads. And diamonds.

Status
Not open for further replies.