Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Look what I just got in the mail, a host designed and built by ArcticDude.

I'm thinking 1 watt NDB7475 520 nm green laser diode (i have one, but no 25 mm module) driven to ~1.4 watts out with a 3x Sanwu beam expander to bring the divergence down to about 1.2 mRad or so. Maybe I will change my mind and use a 465 nm multimode diode instead, the NUBM07E. The more I Think about it, the more I'm wanting another one of those, my last one died. DTR is out of 25 mm modules with a driver for that diode :(

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
That's one high quality host that AD has built for you, Chris, very, very nice!
If you ever decide that you don't want to use it for a build anymore .....I didn't think so, it was worth a try though! :yh:

I bet they'd sell well; I think there would be quite a bit of interest if they became available.

Thanks for sharing the video! :cool:

BobMc

Very good looking host there Alaskan that’s going to be beautiful throwing a bunch of 520 photons out the top. :drool:

Hat tip to ArcticDude. :gj:

Tero, where are you today You need to show up take these positive comments in, that is a great host you designed and had milled. I knew it would be nice from the photo's I've seen, but having it here I can see it's way over the top nice.

hoo7h

Host looks sick, and I love the fact that it was machined with the beam expander in mind. Honestly with the power getting higher and the divergence getting wider a beam expander threading should be a standard in making hosts/heatsinks.

Man, I just now saw this. I had no idea Tero did such awesome machine work. That host is gorgeous as well as very functional. I am green with envy. About 520nm green. :D

Really nice host!! Also doubles as a tire checker :p
Can’t wait to see the flavor of ammo you load it with :beer:

SGD

I just wanted to reward Chris being such great contributor here in LPF and also wanted to reward him as he bought a replacement 405nm module for Blarg King. That is what is my conception of community..

-When you give something to community, you will receive something back from community.

I'm glad to hear you liked the host. :D

Last edited:
Thank you Tero, I believe in the same, but sure didn't expect to have a gift like this. When I first saw you post about this host a long while bak I really wanted one, but thought I would need to have someone CNC machine it for me here.

Appreciate this very much, I was happy to help Blarg, but in the end I came out uber compensated far beyond what I gave.

Chris