Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Look what I just got in the mail, a host designed and built by ArcticDude.

I'm thinking 1 watt NDB7475 520 nm green laser diode (i have one, but no 25 mm module) driven to ~1.4 watts out with a 3x Sanwu beam expander to bring the divergence down to about 1.2 mRad or so. Maybe I will change my mind and use a 465 nm multimode diode instead, the NUBM07E. The more I Think about it, the more I'm wanting another one of those, my last one died. DTR is out of 25 mm modules with a driver for that diode :(

Last edited:
That's one high quality host that AD has built for you, Chris, very, very nice!
If you ever decide that you don't want to use it for a build anymore .....I didn't think so, it was worth a try though! :yh:

I bet they'd sell well; I think there would be quite a bit of interest if they became available.

Thanks for sharing the video! :cool:

Very good looking host there Alaskan that’s going to be beautiful throwing a bunch of 520 photons out the top. :drool:

Hat tip to ArcticDude. :gj:

Tero, where are you today You need to show up take these positive comments in, that is a great host you designed and had milled. I knew it would be nice from the photo's I've seen, but having it here I can see it's way over the top nice.

Host looks sick, and I love the fact that it was machined with the beam expander in mind. Honestly with the power getting higher and the divergence getting wider a beam expander threading should be a standard in making hosts/heatsinks.

Man, I just now saw this. I had no idea Tero did such awesome machine work. That host is gorgeous as well as very functional. I am green with envy. About 520nm green. :D

Really nice host!! Also doubles as a tire checker :p
Can’t wait to see the flavor of ammo you load it with :beer:

SGD

I just wanted to reward Chris being such great contributor here in LPF and also wanted to reward him as he bought a replacement 405nm module for Blarg King. That is what is my conception of community..

-When you give something to community, you will receive something back from community.

I'm glad to hear you liked the host. :D

Last edited:
Thank you Tero, I believe in the same, but sure didn't expect to have a gift like this. When I first saw you post about this host a long while bak I really wanted one, but thought I would need to have someone CNC machine it for me here.

Appreciate this very much, I was happy to help Blarg, but in the end I came out uber compensated far beyond what I gave.

Chris

Back