Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

lazeerer Hosts & Heatsinks Sale Thread

Now I saw the prices lol! Pretty low!

Thanks for helping us with your prices!

:beer:

Last edited:
Hey,

Sent a PM also.

Pm Sent.

Now I saw the prices lol! Pretty low!

Thanks for helping us with your prices!

:beer:

Trying to keep the prices low as long as I do this. It will only be for a short time.:)

Also Some Of you wanted to see what the actual size of the hosts are.

I have medium size hands.:

PA290093.jpg

PA290094.jpg

PA290097.jpg

:thanks:

Unfortunately I've got a few other projects on the go but would love to have one or two in the future :)

Last edited:
Alright Guys i have an Update.

About a Month ago I made up this New design heatsink That was new to "Me" for some one and recently for few more people and they seem to like it alot more then the traditional Heatsink.

I say Traditional because its what we mostly see where the 12mm hole is drilled straight down the center of the heatsink.

Well I came up with this new Way to "ME" Rather then drilling out the Whole center out 12mm and removing all the extra Metal I made this:

P9280400.jpg

P9280401.jpg

P9280404.jpg

P9280405.jpg

What i call it is a Pocket Heatsink. I would drill a ~5mm Hole straight down the center for the wires then create a Pocket for the Aixiz Module or custom Module that holds the diode.

I recently used the same design concept for my lab heatsink:

PA290078.jpg

PA220006.jpg

PA220007.jpg

PA220002.jpg

How the wires would run Down in the heatsink.

Build here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f46/lab-c-mount-housing-67701.html#post984610

It does make a Difference doing it like this.

So those that have been asking for custom heatsinks and want this style and if its possible for your heatsink to be made like this let me know.

Last edited:

rhd

You mentioned "custom modules". Does that mean you can make press-fit items? I have some awesome 3.8mm diode modules from Pontiac, but I can't seem to get sold of him to order more, and I'm hoping to do some builds with single-mode blue diodes.

I Have always been able to make press fit stuff.:)

However since Pontiac Sells the 3.8mm module and those are more of a custom Module and cant really be bought anywhere else like say the AixiZ 5.6mm 12mm Generic module i dont feel comfortable making any.

Sorry.

But standard 5.6mm modules with No Threads in the Back of the module i can make. But there is no Point in asking me unless you want no threads in the back or if you want it in aluminum since you can buy those copper ones pretty much cheap now.:)

But i can make press fit heatsinks in any size 3.8mm or 5.6mm. So Long the host are not being used by other heatsink Makers on the forum.

rhd

Totally understandable. And to be honest - I really would really prefer to order them from Pontiac. The only reason I asked was because of the difficulty I've had getting a hold of him.

EDIT: Eeeek. "prefer" sounded wrong/rude towards you. I only meant prefer in the same sense that you did. IE, loyalty to Pontiac, because he sent me some awesome modules previously :) Sorry for the double confusion it's late here.

Last edited:
Totally understandable. And to be honest - I really would really prefer to order them from Pontiac. The only reason I asked was because of the difficulty I've had getting a hold of him.

EDIT: Eeeek. "prefer" sounded wrong/rude towards you. I only meant prefer in the same sense that you did. IE, loyalty to Pontiac, because he sent me some awesome modules previously :) Sorry for the double confusion it's late here.

No Worries. I new what you meant.:cool:

But Yeah other press fit stuff i dont mind making.:)

Edit: Also If its in a Heatsink I dont mind Making.

Last edited:
Hey All,

Ive got 3 of these Host Kits Available. Probebly wont do anymore of them. Just because there annoying to make.LOL:tired:

It is a 3x AAA Host that can also fit a 18500 right in and a un protected Flat top 18650 pretty tight.

The Thing that makes these Host Different is they come Already with a Built In Momentary switch rather then an On/Off clicky.

Here are some Pictures. "Sorry about the Quality. I let my sister borrow my good camera as she has gone on a trip"

Pictures:

683_4532.jpg

683_4526.jpg

683_4535.jpg

683_4560.jpg

683_4538.jpg

683_4544.jpg

Next to a Hotlights host.

683_4552.jpg

Here is the Stock Circuit board. You will need to desolder everything on the board nd run + lead from the + Tab and a - lead from the momentary switch. So then you would just connect your new +/- leads to the driver +/- pad. Very simple. If you dont feel comfortable doing this I can do this for you if you like for $3.

683_4551.jpg

The Momentary button.

Here is a video of my build in one of these host. I put a 1.5W 445nm build in it and it works Great

Laser diode,Driver and Focusing ring not include. This is Personal Build.

"Host & Heatsink Stock"
Stock - 3

Price - $15

Mod the Switch - $3

Free Shipping Worldwide.

Post or Pm Me.:)

Last edited:
Alright Guys i have an Update.

About a Month ago I made up this New design heatsink That was new to "Me" for some one and recently for few more people and they seem to like it alot more then the traditional Heatsink.

I say Traditional because its what we mostly see where the 12mm hole is drilled straight down the center of the heatsink.

Well I came up with this new Way to "ME" Rather then drilling out the Whole center out 12mm and removing all the extra Metal I made this:

P9280400.jpg

Hmm... that looks awfully familiar:D

:whistle:

Hows that going. Good Duty cycles right for that type of power in that little host.?:)