Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lava Micro FlexDrive Driver (lavadrive2) fits pens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lava Micro FlexDrive Driver (lavadrive2) fits

HumanSymphony said:
[quote author=dr-ebert link=1209418066/928#937 date=1238190352]Yes, that'd require about 3A input current. The "rule of thumb" in the manual essentially means the input current should be below 1.2A. So the example you cite is way outside the "operating parameters", thus not possible. I guess the full set of possible input/output V/A combinations has some more limiting conditions (you'd need a 4-dimensional graph to plot the full set).
Well, I don't understand all this lol. I'm going to be using 2x18650 batteries in parallel. This should be fine, yes?[/quote]
I believe the instructions provide the answer at 5.5 input maxx at that voltage for the 2x18650's will need to 1n4000
series diode to be used.This would work if batt longevity was the goal.I was reading off the specs sheet itself. Great driver by the
way.

Krutz

Lol said:
Huh, you don't trust google? :eek:

me neither..
for reasons which could fill a whole thread by itself ;-)

drlava does take paypal payments. you add one, two $ for the extra fees, thats all.

manuel

Hi,

I'm looking to buy one of your microflexdrives, for a personal project. Unfortunately, I live in Hungary, and Google Checkout doesn't display the appropriate shipping costs here, only your $3 shipping inside the US.
My question is how much does the shipping to Hungary cost?

Thanks in advance!

jander6442 said:
[quote author=HumanSymphony link=1209418066/928#938 date=1238190667][quote author=dr-ebert link=1209418066/928#937 date=1238190352]Yes, that'd require about 3A input current. The "rule of thumb" in the manual essentially means the input current should be below 1.2A. So the example you cite is way outside the "operating parameters", thus not possible. I guess the full set of possible input/output V/A combinations has some more limiting conditions (you'd need a 4-dimensional graph to plot the full set).
Well, I don't understand all this lol. I'm going to be using 2x18650 batteries in parallel. This should be fine, yes?[/quote]
I believe the instructions provide the answer at 5.5 input maxx at that voltage for the 2x18650's will need to 1n4000
series diode to be used.This would work if batt longevity was the goal.I was reading off the specs sheet itself. Great driver by the
way.[/quote]
I suppose you don't know what running batteries in parallel means :p When you put 2 batteries in parallel, the voltage stays the same (3.7-4.2v) and the CAPACITY doubles. So instead of having 7.4v at 2500mAh in series, I have 3.7v at 5000mAh in parallel :D

@ThunderBird89: see page 1; it's 3$ shipped anywhere in the world, per order (not per unit).

I'd still like to see high-quality pictures of drivers set to the various ranges; it'd help drive out the 1% remaining uncertainty :)

Human symphony@

Yea it's lovely :) But you could just have one battery in the host, and then a backup in your pocket. Then the host could be smaller :p

dr-ebert said:
@ThunderBird89: see page 1; it's 3$ shipped anywhere in the world, per order (not per unit).

I'd still like to see high-quality pictures of drivers set to the various ranges; it'd help drive out the 1% remaining uncertainty :)

Damn, I must have read that line at least a hundred times before, and still I'm stupid enough to ask that question...

jonasa0601 said:
Human symphony@

Yea it's lovely :) But you could just have one battery in the host, and then a backup in your pocket. Then the host could be smaller :p
Well it's a labby so it doesn't need to be small ::) however it IS small. Only 3.25"x1.25"x1.25" :p

V4 instructions

I have tried and tried to download the new instructions from DrLava's website, but for some reason I can not open PDF docs in my browser.  ( yes, I tried downloading and updating my Adobe Reader plug in and it still won't work.)

I want to set it at 120mA, but I can not get it above 100mA.  I have read here about jumping resistors, but which ones?

Can one of you gentlemen kindly post the instruction sheet so that I can figure it out.

Thanks

TW

Krutz

hey TW,

i just checked, download and opening the manual works here.
here the part of the manual. theres more, but this should get you started ;-)
i didnt set my v4 ones yet, perhaps this weekend..

ask if you need more from the manual or any more help and i'll see what i can do! :)

manuel

Attachments

• flex4.jpg
    flex4.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 111
Re: V4 instructions

Ludwig Van said:
I have tried and tried to download the new instructions from DrLava's website, but for some reason I can not open PDF docs in my browser.  ( yes, I tried downloading and updating my Adobe Reader plug in and it still won't work.)

I want to set it at 120mA, but I can not get it above 100mA.  I have read here about jumping resistors, but which ones?

Can one of you gentlemen kindly post the instruction sheet so that I can figure it out.

Thanks

TW
Adobe sucks. Use Foxit ;)

I took me 2 broken drivers and 3 hours to finally get a working flexdrive set to go above 100mA.. I really think the default should be the full range....

good luck,
Kendall

@ Krutz
Wow! That was fast! Thanks a million! I really appreciate it.
TW

sk8er4514 said:
I took me 2 broken drivers and 3 hours to finally get a working flexdrive set to go above 100mA.. I really think the default should be the full range....

good luck,
Kendall
It's really not that hard... just glob some solder from one to the other.

Re: V4 instructions

Bionic-Badger said:
[quote author=HumanSymphony link=1209418066/960#971 date=1239319706]Adobe sucks. Use Foxit ;)

Hell yeah!  I even bought a copy of it since I like it so much.[/quote]
Yea it works so much better. Adobe kept freezing on me when copying text and wouldn't even open pdf's most of the time :-? and its a 3gb program! filled with nothing but complete BS ::)

Status
Not open for further replies.