Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Lava Micro FlexDrive Driver (lavadrive2) fits pens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lava Micro FlexDrive Driver (lavadrive2) fits

dont hook the case pin up and you should be good. let some1 else verify it first tho...

nvm josh beat me to it...

Ok, I know that the case pin doesn't do anything, but in this diagram it connects the negative contact of the battery to the negative contact on the driver, which then connects to the negative pin on the diode. I'm doing it this way because I'm putting this all inside of my brand new Sonar case 8-)
Edit:
I got it working! Yay for me.

I am brand new to the hobby as well as this great forum but from all of the props given to this driver I placed my order. I hope to be in luck because I saw that the last shipment went out on the 20th so maybe I will be included in the next shipment? Either way, thanks for all the work to educate noobs like me.

JaxSmirkingRevenge said:
I am brand new to the hobby as well as this great forum but from all of the props given to this driver I placed my order. I hope to be in luck because I saw that the last shipment went out on the 20th so maybe I will be included in the next shipment? Either way, thanks for all the work to educate noobs like me.
you wont be disappointed in these drivers! feel free to ask questions if you need to but as with any forum make sure you search first.

Hi guys, I'm going to be out for about a week starting today. I shipped all the orders that were made up till 11:00 AM, any orders you make after that time will go out next Wednesday.
thanks!
-Andrew

so did mine make the dead line?

I think he's gone...

Mine shipped August 12... Haven't got it... (mind you, that is shipment to Australia.)

DR LAVA - Have my 5 been shipped? They were ordered on the 3rd August, money charged on the 21st August....but it's still saying "Not yet shipped" but you're saying that they have all been shipped :S

[highlight]Can you please get back to me with an update, I requested an order status on the 19th, no reply :([/highlight]

666DAN said:
DR LAVA - Have my 5 been shipped? They were ordered on the 3rd August, money charged on the 21st August....but it's still saying "Not yet shipped" but you're saying that they have all been shipped :S

[highlight]Can you please get back to me with an update, I requested an order status on the 19th, no reply :([/highlight]

checking in on the phone.. Yes your drivers shipped aand you should have gotten a shipment update from google checkout the say it shipped. If you didn't, check your spam folder. :)

Thanks, nah no mail and even 'the googles' still says in progress...damn them googles!

I know its a hassle but did you get my driver?

Hi LPF
Simmiliar question as wicked1's but can i use 1W luxeon superbright LED (which came with the host) instead of 6 1N400x diodes as a dummy load to set current for PHR803t diode? Source is 3xAAA 1,5V batteries, resistance of LED at this voltage is cca 21ohm. Also, do i need the 1ohm resistor if i can use amperemeter to measure current directly? Thanks for answer :)

Oxo said:
Hi LPF
Simmiliar question as wicked1's but can i use 1W luxeon superbright LED (which came with the host) instead of 6 1N400x diodes as a dummy load to set current for PHR803t diode? Source is 3xAAA 1,5V batteries, resistance of LED at this voltage is cca 21ohm. Also, do i need the 1ohm resistor if i can use amperemeter to measure current directly? Thanks for answer :)

You can use a high current LED as a dummy load. It's all the same to the driver, as long as the forward voltage of the load is between 2.7-6V. I use a CREE LED to test all sorts of drivers, and i have some diodes in series with it, so that i can change the total Vf of the load, for when it does matter.. Put some kind of diffuser on the LED tho.

And you don't need the 1ohm resistor if you use the current measuring range of your DMM. The idea with the 1ohm is to measure voltage across it, because it's the same as the current through it.

You can put the DMM in between the driver and the test load, but it's safer to use a resistor soldered permanently, so you don't break the connection by accident. The driver should not be operated without a load and interrupting connections can cause the diode to die. Not that you should set the current with the diode in place.

Spyderz20x6 said:
By the way, use Rckstrs test load to measure current. Measure mV across the 0.1 ohm resistor, the formula is: 1mV=1mA

Actually, the formula, aka "Ohm's law", is I = U/R

If you use a 0.1 ohm resistor, then I = U/0.1, meaning 1mV = 10mA.. Only if you use a 1 ohm resistor does 1mV mean 1mA, because there R = 1, and U/1 = U.

Hey drlava did you have a chance to look at what was wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back