Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser gloves now for sale

Ablaze

*Too many opinions to address.*

Rhd, that's actually my logo that you can see in the picture. It says "Trinary Laser Gloves". I'm sorry you don't find it particularly pretty. It's very soft and it makes me smile when I stroke it at night.

kiyou, these are actually pretty awesome. I realize that I haven't done enough to properly convey how awesome they are, since people who see them in person love them and people online go "ho hum".

I wouldn't even want el-wire on them. Maybe someone else would... to me it would be kind of like that display mode that's on by default on all those stereos.

I am trying to set up a website that will better convey what these do.

I went looking for a picture of the Nintendo Power Glove (that thing was pretty damn sexy for its time) and came across an article that I thought was pretty good. The short version: Design whatever you want, but be sure that your customer's wants and needs are fulfilled. Business 101. :beer:

power glove

Jerry:
You and I don't always get along ourselves, so it's not entirely surprising to me that you would tend to think like-mindedly with someone who I do not. We have our good days and our bad, but for the most part, our two personalities don't mesh splendidly either.

I know plenty of people that feel similarly about you, and I know plenty of people that couldn't disagree with me more. There are a few distinct (and often polarizing) personality types on LPF, and for what it's worth, I think you and I (and likely EF and I) fall into different categories.

Yeah we've butted heads before and I think since your bad
dealings with Electron we've made a effort to smooth things out...
I also know plenty of members that feel similarly about you as
well... and I also know plenty of Members that couldn't disagree
with me more...

If we were all the same the world would be a dull place indeed.

That being said... this is not about me....:beer:

I went looking for a picture of the Nintendo Power Glove (that thing was pretty damn sexy for its time) and came across an article that I thought was pretty good. The short version: Design whatever you want, but be sure that your customer's wants and needs are fulfilled. Business 101.
power glove

Like you said... that looks pretty cool for it's age..

Jerry

Last edited:
EF:

Somehow I've only one interaction with you, and it overwhelmingly presented a contrary impression. Myself and a number of others spent dozens of posts trying to explain what seemed like a very basic numbers-interpretation issue to you. You asked a question, that was then answered a number of times, by a number of different people, yet you seemingly stubbornly refused to acknowledge that we had addressed your question. It was the only time that I've had to actually say "I'm unsubscribing from this thread, because this guy just isn't interested in actually considering what other people are saying". I left, but I think you continued in the same manner with another bunch of folks for a few dozen more posts afterwards.

Not to toot my own horn, but my contributions can be found regularly here. And not one of those contributions come with the whole "I've got access to stuff no one else does, so I'm going to show off about it and make real good and sure that everyone knows they can't get what I've got.." game. Why? Because I'm all about sharing everything I can. There is no knowledge or information that I have that I would not freely give to this community. You might have your reasons for what you do, but it smells of some form of elitism to me.

Also, if we're going to talk about that previous conversation then I HAVE to point out that NONE of the answers in the thread you speak of answered the question I posed, not directly and not indirectly. I asked anyone in that thread to specify to me how several variables in your application of color space were being accounted for. No one answered that question. Instead, people got frustrated, apparently because they could not answer it and decided to start in on me. My question was not answered, and has not been.

Last edited:
okay now that powerglove is a retro sexy thing.
You could build a laser glove out of that.

file.php

@Ablaze - Time to ask the mods to lock the thread, and post a new one. This is a sales thread. So good luck with the sale. Hopefully the gloves will take off and we'll see version 2.0 soon. I want some diffraction tips and MOAR power :)

This thread should have been locked the minute the first person bitched about pricing. The thread has been a farce since that moment.

MOAR power ?
Idk i think that is a bad idea if you plan to use it outside or at a show.
if you were only going to use it for personal use then thats totally fine but i would be afraid as a seller to sell a 200mw 532nm green laser glove.
Kryo Man - WTF? - Page 2
Read that post.
a 200mw laser with a direct hit to someone is not fun.
But for playing with your self in a room go for it.
Just dont mind the people listening thinking your kinda crazy.

@kiyoukan - MOAR power but with diffraction tips... The idea being you can shoot actual beams from your fingers with the tips off, but with them on, use them with relative safety.

Note the modules used by these gloves are supposedly 5mW... not actually tested to be such... and even at 5mW a direct hit is not really a good thing.

Edit: Thanks for the pics link. I'm fairly confident I'll have a similar progression of pictures in a few years. Already have healthy, and slightly less healthy, and now my optometrist found some kind of refraction in my right eye, wouldn't surprise me if it's damage from a 70mW hit I took a while back.

Last edited:
true it would cut the power but the center beam would still have a good punch to it.

A direct hit at 5mW or less is not dangerous. You would have to stare into the beam for some seconds for damage to occur. I see nothing wrong with more power as long as you've got those diffraction tips and you've measured and found that the strongest orders don't exceed 5mW.

A direct hit at 5mW or less is not dangerous. You would have to stare into the beam for some seconds for damage to occur. I see nothing wrong with more power as long as you've got those diffraction tips and you've measured and found that the strongest orders don't exceed 5mW.

Exactly what I had in mind. Time to find some of my cheap diffraction tip pointers and fire up the LPM to test:D

Well maybe later:p

Ablaze

@Ablaze - Time to ask the mods to lock the thread, and post a new one. This is a sales thread. So good luck with the sale. Hopefully the gloves will take off and we'll see version 2.0 soon. I want some diffraction tips and MOAR power :)
I can make these with more power now :) It would hardly increase the cost at all... except that I would have to order a new batch of lasers. I am going to order a new batch soon so I can make red (635nm) and blue (450nm) sets.

I also like your idea about diffraction tips. It would require a moderate amount of redesign to make them an option, but I think they will be a do-able accessory eventually.

Even if I had that ability to, I couldn't go around locking every thread that had someone complaining about my prices. As I said before the market simply isn't educated enough to know what is a good price and what is not. If I was listing these for $200 someone would be complaining.

The power glove does have an interesting look. Flexibility is always an issue: You want to be able to move your fingers with the lasers on them. That's why I designed this set with the lasers outside the gloves, this allows the wires to slide in and out and leaves your fingers unencumbered.

I accepted the idea before I started this thread that no matter what track I take I am unlikely to ever even make my money back on these. I did not post this thread only to try to get a sale or two, I am actually quite happy that a couple of people have decided they may try to build their own set.

I will continue to refine the process and the design, and all of your comments do help. Thank you.

Last edited:
Spot on..

Like I said. You might have your reasons to do what you do (the ones you describe) but it smells of elitism to me. As does your general attitude around the forum lately.

So it never occurred to you to keep those diodes a secret until they were publicly available? We all knew that green diodes are coming before your review, and when I have something I want to keep secret I keep it secret. I don't write a review about it and then tell everyone they're SOL unless I deem them fit for the info. ELITISM. Look it up...

The reason I posted here was because of the degrading, elitist way that you addressed ablaze just a few posts ago, and I've been watching things. Ablaze hasn't said anything to you that is out of line that I've seen:

You know, I think we had this conversation in your other thread. Frankly, I don't think you have enough experience here to really differential "cheap" from "quality". I mean no disrespect, but to be blunt, you ARE using cheap parts - you're just overpaying for them. I made my point in your other thread, and I think it was met with some agreement. It would be worth glancing again at what I said, as I was only trying to help:

Ok, and this is just funny:

A lot of MBAs, make a lot of really poor business decisions, a lot of the time because they've ignored good advice from people with more practical experience ;)

You say you mean no disrespect, but that's a pretty disrespectful tone IMO. Frankly I haven't seen that YOU have the cred to take the tone you do.

I'm not going to call you anything but smug and elitist because that's what I perceive underneath your words.. but I remain unconvinced that there is any real substance there, and I've got a good gut for these things. You can prove me wrong at any time of course.. that's the idea in fact.

Last edited:
holy sh!t guys this topic was beat to death before this thread :eg: and know its just beating a dead horse. if he wants to sell them at that high price f:)ck it. i personally think he would be lucky to sell a pair....but hey whatever right.

i think i might make a pair but i have about a billion and 1 projects on my list before it :p

so guys in my opinion screw it :p hes listed his price if it sells more power to him if it doesnt(i dont think it will) he may figure it out and lower his price.

time will tell

Oh I stand by what I said rhd.. maybe you and Ablaze have more in common than you think. Until I have some sort of proof to the contrary this won't be the last we hear of it ;).

ta ta for now though.. got kids trying to pull me out of my chair lol..

Last edited: