Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Kipkay 2W ?

joeyss

You know your tiny warnings in *SOME* of the videos are NOT enough to qualify as warnings. You need to stop downplaying the situation. This is nothing to joke about and it's cause of people like you why lasers are getting banned.

Why is it so hard to just spend 10 seconds somewhere along all that incessantly annoying jabbering to mention safety goggles?

Personally I can't wait until some teenager blinds himself and kip gets a nice lawsuit on his hands. I'm sure he's covered his legal ass, but negative publicity would be good.

Still bad for the hobby and even worse for the kid that hurts himself.

Hey Kip - Question - Any feelings on someone going blind due to your projects?

Your comment is the perfect example of the mentality and maturity of so-called "laser enthusiasts" on this forum. Way to keep the reputation going!

If it wasn't for this site you wouldn't own the Ehgemus 445 nm (Not Purple which is 405 nm, It's Blue.) and the Star-trek Laser and others you have shown. You Owe more respect to this site.

lol 2W purple :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:
and your info sucks to..
your telling them a bunch of crap and they actually believe you..

Last edited:

Kipkay

People here give you a lot of crap all the time, and for understandable reasons such as
-teaching youtubers that it's fine to hook up a laser diode directly to the battery
-failure to respect and mention laser safety (most of the times)

I for one thank you for providing a steady influx of newbies to this forum.:beer:
Last summer, I was one of those newbs.;)

You are partially right. In the first videos I did, over 4 years ago, I did not include the use of a driver for lasers. In all of the videos I have done in recent years I have done that. It was a learning experience.

I do mention laser safety in all of my most recent videos and if it is not specifically mentioned, there is a warning either on the description of the video or an annotation that people can read. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do to make this community happy as you can see from the immature comments posted here.

I used to reguallry send people here for laser information and even supported this forum financially. But, due to the continued bashing of me personally, I stopped doing both. I'm glad you have stuck around and hopefully learned more about lasers here.

Kipkay

If it wasn't for this site you wouldn't own the Ehgemus 445 nm (Not Purple which is 405 nm, It's Blue.) and the Star-trek Laser and others you have shown. You Owe more respect to this site.

Respect? How have I disprespected it? Even when I was disrespected I still supported this forum financially because of the wealth of information.

You are partially right. In the first videos I did, over 4 years ago, I did not include the use of a driver for lasers. In all of the videos I have done in recent years I have done that. It was a learning experience.

I do mention laser safety in all of my most recent videos and if it is not specifically mentioned, there is a warning either on the description of the video or an annotation that people can read. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do to make this community happy as you can see from the immature comments posted here.

I used to reguallry send people here for laser information and even supported this forum financially. But, due to the continued bashing of me personally, I stopped doing both. I'm glad you have stuck around and hopefully learned more about lasers here.

...and yet, you still lurk these forums that you hate so much (and they hate you).

You just suddenly appear out of nowhere when somebody's talking about you.

You're either lying about your opinion on these forums, or Google your own name every few seconds just to make sure nobody's trashing your epic laser making skills.

Also, your answers about the laser safety matters are pretty much canned. You've posted almost exact same thing a while ago, in similar situation.

Respect? How have I disprespected it? Even when I was disrespected I still supported this forum financially because of the wealth of information.

It's what you do and say in the forum and in your videos

Your comment is the perfect example of the mentality and maturity of so-called "laser enthusiasts" on this forum. Way to keep the reputation going!

And you do not promote safety in your videos if you show people doing things unsafe IE shine a laser towards face with out goggles on Etc Etc I don't want to list them all...

You disrespect this forum by not passing on the single most important message on here: LASER SAFETY.

An annotation or warning in the description of a video IS NOT ENOUGH. Spend 5-10 seconds somewhere in the videos to mention "Always use proper LASER safety goggles, lasers are dangerous."

I think that would earn you back the respect you want... That's really the biggest issue anyone on this forum seems to have with your videos.

(Also being truthful about the kind of laser you are showing would help, but personally that didn't bother me nearly as much, although as you can see many people don't like you mentioning a 2W purple laser that doesn't exist.)

I wonder when his channel will be banned on youtube :(

Not much he has to do in order to actually be liked by most people on this forum... but since laser safety might make the project seem dangerous and videos less popular as a result....

The answer to your question: Not soon enough.

joeyss

Like is it really that hard for someone to swallow their pride and arrogance?

Didn't he say his last post was a few months ago?

He also blocked me from commenting because I promoted laser safety. That is messed up.

Didn't he say his last post was a few months ago?

He also blocked me from commenting because I promoted laser safety. That is messed up.

He blocked you from commenting on youtube because you promoted laser safety? :wtf: