Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just begging for another lawsuit (Wicked)

Lase

Now I know that George Lucas failed to win a case against them over the Arctic but surely this infringes on some copyright laws:

Lase

Last edited:

uh..... I'll take one. What copyright issues are you talking about?

Last edited:

Lase

uh..... I'll take one. What copyright issues are you talking about?

I'm pretty sure after the Arctic fiasco Georgie would have put a copyright on anything resembling a lightsaber. Considering this new device is a direct ripoff I forsee issues.

Lase

I'm pretty sure after the Arctic fiasco Georgie would have put a copyright on anything resembling a lightsaber. Considering this new device is a direct ripoff I forsee issues.

Lase

There are hundreds on videos on youtube of custom made lightsabers. WL actually made a basic one. WL is barely touching the subject there are many site devoted to building light sabers. Heres one
The Custom Saber Shop
And another
Real Lightsaber : FX Lightsaber : Build Your Own Lightsaber : Star Wars Lightsabers : Custom Lightsabers for Sale : Light Sabers : Ultra Sabers, LLC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX60O3RT4GQ
I would think he would go after people like that first if he can.

Last edited:
Wow, Wicked Lasers won with the idea (though who couldn't think of that? -_-). These do look more luminescent and realistic than other light sabers. Too bad it's WL or I would get one.

These are nothing new. They used to sell them on the forum a couple of years ago.

They are fun for about 10 minutes. :crackup:

Don't forget that they most likely do not have them in stock and will not when they begin to take peoples money.

A nice looking design that is underspec, poor quality build, piss poor customer service, returns at your cost, and months upon months of waiting for shipping with no word on when it will REALLY ship.

.......O yeah, when it finally does ship..it will be taken at the border in the US because customs knows all of WL 'other' names for shipping.

They used to sell these like 3 years ago. They stopped selling them because they weren't much fun, and looked pretty bad with the older hosts, but these look nicer than those. Still, doesn't really interest me much.

I'm ordering two now :D

Alway's wanted a lightsaber FX, but never came to it.
This is for me the best of both worlds ^^
Laser and lightsaber..
I'm not going to use it like waving it around like the star wars kid on youtube.
It's just nice to look at when stalled with my other lasers.

Some info:

Here's how it works, the laser energy that enters the LaserSaber is first diffused by a built-in optical element. Then the diffused laser enters the internal diffuser tube, which distributes the laser's energy evenly along the blade.

Inside the diffuser tube, there is a metal sphere which is suspended permanently inside. This sphere's movement caused by gravity creates the beam grow effects. There is a magnet hidden in the tip of the blade, which causes the ball to magnetically lock in place. The magnetic lock can be disengaged by bumping the S3 laser with sufficient force.

The blade is constructed from a 32� long, 1/8� walled polycarbonate tube, made in the USA. The blade is strong and highly durable, however, they should only be operated in a controlled environment by professionals. Unlike lightsaber replicas, LaserSabers are powered by highly powerful and dangerous lasers. User and observers should wear safety goggles at all times.

Made in the USA
• 32" strong polycarbonate blade.
• Smooth light up and down effect.
• Hard anodized T6061 aircraft grade aluminum hilt.
• No sound effects
• Spyder 3 sold separately

Last edited:
Made in the USA
• 32" strong polycarbonate blade.
• Smooth light up and down effect.
• Hard anodized T6061 aircraft grade aluminum hilt.
• No sound effects
• Spyder 3 sold separately

LMAO, are they giving you one for posting that? :whistle:

I cant even find it on their website. wait, its up there. Im an idiot...

Last edited: