Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jetlasers GB #3 is CLOSED -

To catch up on a couple questions/statements I've not answered yet: I'm definitely fine with waiting a bit longer on the PL-C 405s to make sure they're working just right. Just confused about the battery situation ATM, but we should figure that out soon enough.

As for the Ti pens, if I were able to get 2 10440s with my order, that should work fine. A charger would be nice too, as the only charger I have with a low enough charge current for a 350mAh 10440 is a WF-138. It's designed for 16340s, which means I'd need to fashion a battery holder for it. Workable, but not exactly ideal IMO. Looking forward to these lasers!

^^^ I have two 10440 for you.

all Tis come with free charger for them. glasses & grating too.

Rich Z

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunday there! Sorry for keeping you waiting the 405nms jetlasers is heading towards. Just some updates on these units.

Speaking of the PL-C 405nm, we're redesigning the power supply board to fit more 2 x CR123s rather than a single 18650 that fits a boost up circuit. One of our tech guys first mixed up the 10x and 12x diodes(some are sleds, unextracted, some are extracted), thus from time to time we only came up with are 500mw+ or 600mw+ since according to the data sheet for 10x sled, the output is only around 600mw
at a 6v voltage.

The beam profile of the 500mw 405nm jetlasers has currently made is basically rounded while there are evident artifacts on the spot when the laser is defocused and extremely enlarged.

Notes: Sometimes the profile is more irregular than the pics posted above. Some work is being done to improve it.

So we've got to focus on the 12x diode now and I hope to pose more updates soon. If sadly the output cannot reach 800mw due to heat or duty cycle or other issues, i will promptly keep you informed(succeeded a few times but the power drops when applied to a 18650 battery)

Nice sunday!
Gray
China

So what exactly does this mean? Are we going to be getting 800mw units or not? I don't mind waiting, if need be, but I'm a little confused about what he is saying here. That "sadly" statement is ringing an alarm for me.

Jaxz

^^^ I have two 10440 for you.

all Tis come with free charger for them. glasses & grating too.
will get get 2 10440, with free charger and glasses and gratings too, my GB is international...

Batteries do not come to me w/ the USA/Canada JETL GBs- not a good idea the have them shipped in the same box. For Jaxz it was 'local' shipping- not the same as China to USA.

Hey Aryntha, 2xCR123A is preferred while two RCR123A 3.2v(550mah?) also work fine. 16340(3.7v) is preferable. :)

Oh okay, so 2x3.7v IS okay for the 405 PL-C's then? We don't have to keep it to 2x3.2v?

Oh okay, so 2x3.7v IS okay for the 405 PL-C's then? We don't have to keep it to 2x3.2v?

Yes, Aryntha, two 3.7v batteries are okay! Yes, you dont have to keep it a 3.2v, coz what we use is just the 16340 3.7 one! :)

jedirock said:
Hmm... Now I'm confused. I thought you said that the 3.7V RCR123A (aka 16340) batteries would be too high of a voltage (8.4V max, 7.2V nominal)? If it's not too much, then it works all the better for all of us IMO, but I'm just confused now.

Sorry for the confusion! I get your point now. The 3.7v version works fine! :)

Jaxz said:
will get get 2 10440, with free charger and glasses and gratings too, my GB is international...

Have you received your pen?:eek:

It would be no trouble for me if some batteries get sent for the guys in the GB.

thanks a lot for all your understanding on any delays-

- and Gray we all hope you have an enjoyable holiday!!

The box came today just fine with our glasses- keys -tailcaps- diffraction gratings and more--That was very quick shipping right to my door-- thanks Gray!!

csshih plz email your email addy to me at gmail.

hakzaw1

Thanks Hak! The holiday comes soon though we wanna put it off.
The LPM looks fantastic in testing 532nm, 635nm, etc. and may not be calibrated for 405nms. It's fantastic anyhow. Thanks.

So what exactly does this mean? Are we going to be getting 800mw units or not? I don't mind waiting, if need be, but I'm a little confused about what he is saying here. That "sadly" statement is ringing an alarm for me.

Hey Rich Z,
Sorry for the confusion and thanks for not mind waiting. What i meant is that if the output cannot reach 800mw after all things are done to ensure a stable output and good heat flow, we will let you know and ask for your advice. Now the point is that the power is not a problem during testing but once it's assembled and powered by the battery, the power cannot go that up. Might be 700mw or so. Sure i would seek opinions from you for the feasibility of jetlasers' refunding some to make up the output 'shortage'. :) Thanks.

Thanks Hak! The holiday comes soon though we wanna put it off.
The LPM looks fantastic in testing 532nm, 635nm, etc. and may not be calibrated for 405nms. It's fantastic anyhow. Thanks.

no need to calibrate s far as I know.

PM MarioMaster with any questions, I know he is eager to be of help.

Len

I'm confused on the power draw / voltage / output issue with the 800mw 405's. I have a FlexDrive into a 445 diode that draws 2.1 Amp at 3.7V (18650 unprotected battery reads 3.9V with no load). Its putting out 1.7W at 12" (1800 degree F) with a glass lens.

Are we saying we can't get to half that output with a comperable battery in these 405s?

csshih

simply put, the laser will need both a step down AND up regulator if running on a single 18650 - this probably would be hard to design/fit.

with 123s, one would simply need a step down regulator - much easier to produce. the less parts, the fewer points of failure.

Also - 3.9V, no load? a full charge should result in 4.2V. either your charger, or your cell is crapping out. also, 1.7W? that's a fair bit :) got a LPM?

Did we get any updates on the 405s before the holidays? Just wondering when we'll see these.

Also, are we just waiting on the 405s now? Or is there anything else I'm forgetting? I believe the Ti pens have been sorted out.

Did we get any updates on the 405s before the holidays? Just wondering when we'll see these.

Also, are we just waiting on the 405s now? Or is there anything else I'm forgetting? I believe the Ti pens have been sorted out.

Hi jedirock, the holiday began in spite of us! I had hoped for a real update but everyone rushed home for spring festival holidays:eek:.

Today is the eve and I'm afraid we have to wait 7-10 days before everything is to be continued. I would have enjoyed this a lot more, has it not been the delay of these units.

Sorry for everything and I would rush back after the holiday to prepare the shipping.

Last edited:
Gray, is 473 going to be available still after all is said and done with the 405s? Needed some time because of the price increase -- but still interested.