Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jetl GB#7 is CLOSED all pymts in all funds sent to Gray

As usual
Gray/JL place us, the customer , first. And that can be bad for JL if a box gets close inspection and the buyer 'insisted' on free batteries only to get the entire box siezed- --so the buyer could save a few $$ and a few days time--the buyer will have to wait on another unit to be shipped--boo hoo. But the loss money-wise is ENTIRELY JL's-- I pass by Lighthound at least once a month- I can walk in buy your batts and include them if re-shipping within the USA.

But asking for batteries to be included in the SAME box(from across borders) as your laser is just plain stoopid!- offer to pay for seperate shipping or get off your butt - and go buy them or order them on-line- The batts that just arrived( NOT in a box with ANY lasers) look to be great quality 4000mAh AND button tops-
They must have been special ordered for JL buyers and the stamped lable reads Jetlasers- they came precharged and all put out 3.8 VDc (+/- a few tenths) I put three in chargers and after four hours got 3.9vdc- so when these arrive they will be ready to use. You may get them up to or over 4vdc if left overnight- trying that now.

The free chargers sent do only one battery at a time.

they are the type that can be used with any Li-ion 3.7 batt. Any charger for 3.7 vdc batts can be rigged to charge any battery- not brain science. You can also charge a battery using your adjustable Power supply.

Tracking on our second box has been sent to all who need to know it- not a good idea IMO to ever post tracking info publically.( OR YOUR EMAIL/PHONE NUMBERS OR HOME ADDRESS),<caplocked again.
cc- Jbwollen- jeff-xeno- james
^^^

Our second box is in ther hands of DHL Express
track # is 7********1-the list of items i *HOPE* is inside is quite long and there are a few which may need to be sent later(like the BE Adaptors with correct threads for PL-Es)-
One laser needed to be re-built- but AFAIK- the Pl-Es are in that box- It will be in my hands prolly before Gray sees any messg. I send now- Its already Sat there and unless it is truly urgent I try to let the poor man enjoy his weekends.
Knowing now will make no diff......

ATM so lets just let DHL do their usual great job of delivery and we will all know soon.

Sorry I did not give all a heads up about the box that arrived a day EARLY- I was attending a Wake/funeral for a friend who was taken from us suddenly at only 52Yrs-
off-topic++
lesson: take good care of your health and your friends- holding un-needed grudges becomes is painful when your chance to mend bridges is gone- trust me on that-& you will leave your friends in a lot of pain when if you had lived smarter, AS, that may also mean you lived LONGER-

ps
FYI Bryan & I had no issues and he did not contribute to his poor heart afaik with bad habits-- just sayin'...

RIP Bryan Crowder

hak

Last edited:

UPDATE- left your 26650 on the charger longer this time and they now are 4+vdc- button toppers 4000mAh- 'Gold Jetlaser' I wont have these in my possession long enough to jugde thier quality so I will leave that to the new PL-E owners.
PM coming. They (btw) are a tight fit in these chargers- fiddle with it and you can get them to work. They are , after all, free chargers.

you guys are very lucky to have hak in the gb. no1 else would have taken care of you the way hak does, did and will be doing in the future GBs. dont expect from every GB organiser to answer all these questions like hak does. you all are in good hands.

Last edited:
^Well said.

Hak took very special care of my order (which I cannot elaborate much on) and I personally can't thank him enough for it. I can say that there was a slight problem with my order and BOTH Hak & Jet lasers/Grey have done an outstanding job of order fufilment, supoort , handling times, and I could go on.

I strongly suggest that anyone who is or ever was interested in getting into one of these GB's do so next round.

Thank you Hak and Jetlasers for everything!

too late
too tired
upsince 4am
worst nite shots I ever did
but ai promised one
the other two are a 120mW Spartan and a PL-C 500
you can rtell which are the PL-E the left has the 5X BE on it- had to tell - I used my worst camera- very hot still at 2AM and HUMID-- ITS A SAUAAANA out there.

the BE makes a noticable differance- Very nice should be on there all the time IMO
also just in case you run into another PL E 532/700 yourswill still be longer- pics in the morning(moar)

Those boat sheds are about 100M away- hand held (you can tell)

sorry - iyts late I will combine later

update Tue-- hot hot

Sorry to cause a little delay..
I need to hear back from Gray tonite before I am 100% happy.
This is what I would want from my GB host if I were a buyer.
I set up the graphing meter for a 3 minute run.. all looks good on the power consistantly stable more than 800 mW.
BUT.. the finned section towards the front get quite hot to the touch--- hotter than any lasers I have handled-
my instincts tell me that personally I would not run mine for more and especially for continous duty.

Its better that I get all this sorted out BEFORE re-shipping- If he says that is no problem then I will do a 5 min run.
800+mW is a lot of power and that cannot be created without a lot of heat.. I have yet to be in a situation where I needed to run any handheld for more than a few minutes but if these are being sold as long run time lasers then that should be the case.
Not sure if the heat I am seeing/feeling is from the dpss /the driver or both..
so please bear with me ...Len

Attachments

• 120-500-700-700 and swamp owl 012.jpg
    120-500-700-700 and swamp owl 012.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Glad Len finally grabbed the boxes. :)

Make sure the battery is fully charged coz the laser eats the batteries. Or you can test with the 5V or 8V5A adapter.

We did test the lasers with two types of power meters(one is <5W calibration, the other, the bigger one is for <20W lasers) and the power fluctuated during the 10mins or 20mins period.

The temp. of the laser host was also continuously tested during the testings and the temp is between 36-43c. And it will not rise any more. The heat is mostly transferred onto the host and then to the air and sure the host is kinda too hot to hold when you run it for 5mins+. BTW, the room temp. is mainly between 30-36C here.

sure the heat is mainly from the laser and the driver. You know 445NM 1.5W only consumes a 1.8A current while 532nm 700mw takes a 2.8A and it gives a lot more heat and is sensitive to the temp. than 445nm.

Sure the testings is only done for the testings' sake and the lasers might be not friendly enough for being held at home for that long time. Hot.hot.:)

The links for the power testing of the lasers are here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bm5uMzJFZ0&list=UUlWVwk6rFJFJ4BJuGBTO3eA&index=3&feature=plcp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc-_sFoJAXE&list=UUlWVwk6rFJFJ4BJuGBTO3eA&index=4&feature=plcp

There might always be fluctuations for these portables without active cooling. A lot to think and learn by studying the fluctuations. :)

We have more videos to upload but the internet speed is very slow. Will share more youtube vid links when they are ready.

Have a nice day you guys! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hello guys-
the two PL-E 532/700 ARE on the way- Xeno will get his Friday or possibly Thur. JNHowett will get his by Monday- Same for Jeff.

I had a hard time getting my LPM SW to save the graphs- apparently ( just to sell more Win 7.imo. MS thought the old 'print screen' needed to be replaced by the confusing and ATM NO GOOD snipping tool)

I looked after for the saved graphs only to find a very confusing window that AFAIK was telling me the files were corrupted and therefor not saved. But other than getting what I felt was way too hot(on the only 10 min test I did) all looked good for a DPSS laser-at 3 min they got warm at 6 very warm and the heat at 10Min made me give these my personal recommendation of never running these for 10min and frankly WHY? short of signally an aircraft when you need rescue I cant imagine the need- Gray assures me that PL-E 532 have been tested and the temp. monitored for runs as long as 20 min--

see this test video from Gray..

25 minutes of PL-E 700MW LASER GREEN 532NM - YouTube

700+mW is OMG!! bright and you cannot possibly expect even a pair of 26650 to be able to keep up with that much need.

I have determined that you can use the ac/ad adaptor with no batts inside and even with the tailcap off.

The batteries included are button topped and therefore need no spacer magnet(included one and a spare) like the flat toppers need.. be super careful to make very sure the magnet is centered and I suggest that you put it BETWEEN the two batteries.

And all JETLs the Positive goes to the tailcap- the drivers ARE ALL reverse polarity protected and all DPSS JetLs have good IR filters.
You will find these too minor issues 1) the free charger works much better with any batts other than the 26650s-they will charge but you will find that you need to fiddle a little to get good connection-ALSO try hard when removing you batteries to NOT allow the spring loaded contact SNAP back-
The spring inside can become disconnected and taking it apart is tricky and even then I was not able to re-connect this spring-

and 2)- when you use the ac/dc you will see that the plug does not want to stay plugged in- If you hold the laser with this plug downwards it will quickly pop out on its own- you will feel some resistance- In almost all cases you will only be using the ac/dc in a 'lab' setting so positioning the laser with this plug on top will keep it plugged in.

This N/P..

BTW
using any JL Beam Expander will not only improve the divergence noticeably but also 'clean' up the beam and remove much of the 'scatter' very common with almost ALL high power DPSS lasers. And with a BE in place the laser is EVEN longer and more impressive.
PM me with ANY questions you have.

Just a note that I received my 300mW (really a 400mw..) 532nm PL-E + 5x BE this last week and WOW.. this thing is a beast! With the battery extender and BE attached, it's a whopping 17" in total length.

I agree with Hak's statement on the BE and how much it cleans up the divergence.. although that little needle of bright light that you can focus out of it is pretty cool, too. Speaking of which.. the internal focus system on here is so sexy! All things considered, this is one hell of a pro unit. Wow.

I was a little surprised that the 5x BE didn't spread the beam more.. so I went ahead and ordered up a 10x BE to play with. Can't wait to see this green photon beam at night in the Nevada desert when there's particulate in the air to really make the beam shine..

Also, I finally received my 5000 mAh 26650s that I ordered from buyincoins.com. The are indeed PCB protected button tops and seem to be about 2mm taller than the stock yellow cells that are included. This makes them fit nice and snug with or without the extender tube and they're 5000mAh vs the stock 4000mAh. The standard batteries will wiggle around slightly with the extender tube on and will shut the laser down if you wave it around much. Makes light saber play Luke vs Darth Vader much easier. Highly recommended. :beer:

$19 for 2 shipped.. 2 PCS TrustFire 26650 3.7V 5000mAh Li-ion Rechargeable Battery Colorful - BuyinCoins.com

Overall, I can't say enough good things about Gray and how he runs Jet Laser. One of the nicest, most patient individuals that I have ever come across in any type of business transaction.. and I deal with tons of them. I can only wish that more people would conduct themselves with the type of integrity that he has displayed.

Last edited:

Elyas

Hi, I bought a PL-E host the first time they only sent me the host only, then I bought the other parts, which included a heat sink the laser driver Light switch A lens and a few rubber switch, but I am sure it's missing a few parts but for some reason Jetlaser wouldn't send me that such as the lense for the zooming mechanism and the cooling device if it had any, The tail switch and the plastic for smaller battery. Would any one I here have a clue of where could I get the missing parts from? I will upload some photos of what I already have when I hop on a PC thanks

Hi, I bought a PL-E host the first time they only sent me the host only, then I bought the other parts, which included a heat sink the laser driver Light switch A lens and a few rubber switch, but I am sure it's missing a few parts but for some reason Jetlaser wouldn't send me that such as the lense for the zooming mechanism and the cooling device if it had any, The tail switch and the plastic for smaller battery. Would any one I here have a clue of where could I get the missing parts from? I will upload some photos of what I already have when I hop on a PC thanks

^^^ these, IMHO, are the reasons that JL has not wanted to sell 'hosts' in the past.
A 'host' is not a JAD kit- anyone who cannot build should not buy a host and expect it to be a complete kit- you were very lucky to get the 'extra' parts-
JL has not offered kits ever or for that matter even just the hosts.

At AixiZ we have the same issues a lot- buyers purchase a diode and driver expecting to get a 'kit' with all the step by step directions and that is not AixiZ . The results are damaged diodes and the buyers usually think the diode was defective when in reality it was thier lack of knowledge that cause the issue-

I think many get the idea from KipKay that building is super simple and requires a sled and a driver and nothing else..

AixiZ being a high customer support and satisfaction kind of biz often replaces these 'defective' parts anyway only to hear back that another defect was sent--AixiZ hasno clue as to how much knowledge they lack but unless they change how they build they will kill the doide every time IMHO.

I help out AixiZ dealing with minor problems and I always surprized when I ask what ESD precautions they took only to hear back.... "what is ESD"??

After thier diode is toast they ask for the pin-out and fail to use a dummy load to set the current on adjustable drivers...

They sometimes try to power up diodes that are not only without a heatsink but sometimes not even in a blank module!!!

They try to power direct from a battery.

And some try to make thier first-ever build using a very expensive diode--duh!

hope this helps- please do not take my opinions in the wrong way and GL with your build. hak

Last edited:

Sorry Elyas. I dont know who shipped the parts but as far as know, no parts esp. mechanical parts are missing and it suffices to make a working 445nm and sure a G1 or G2 lens is not enough for enabling the focusing part and the focusing route is also too short. We used a G2 plus a lens group, like two other lens, to complete it. Sure you can upload some pics so that everybody can see what is missing and will help as much as possible. Thanks!:)

Elyas

Sorry Elyas. I dont know who shipped the parts but as far as know, no parts esp. mechanical parts are missing and it suffices to make a working 445nm and sure a G1 or G2 lens is not enough for enabling the focusing part and the focusing route is also too short. We used a G2 plus a lens group, like two other lens, to complete it. Sure you can upload some pics so that everybody can see what is missing and will help as much as possible. Thanks!:)

Hi, thank you for your concern I really appreciate it :) I am currently busy with a few other things, I will post the pictures of what I already have shortly. Meanwhile I thank jetlasers for their wonderful customer service and for sending me the host cheers!

Elyas

^^^ these, IMHO, are the reasons that JL has not wanted to sell 'hosts' in the past.
A 'host' is not a JAD kit- anyone who cannot build should not buy a host and expect it to be a complete kit- you were very lucky to get the 'extra' parts-
JL has not offered kits ever or for that matter even just the hosts.

At AixiZ we have the same issues a lot- buyers purchase a diode and driver expecting to get a 'kit' with all the step by step directions and that is not AixiZ . The results are damaged diodes and the buyers usually think the diode was defective when in reality it was thier lack of knowledge that cause the issue-

I think many get the idea from KipKay that building is super simple and requires a sled and a driver and nothing else..

AixiZ being a high customer support and satisfaction kind of biz often replaces these 'defective' parts anyway only to hear back that another defect was sent--AixiZ hasno clue as to how much knowledge they lack but unless they change how they build they will kill the doide every time IMHO.

I help out AixiZ dealing with minor problems and I always surprized when I ask what ESD precautions they took only to hear back.... "what is ESD"??

After thier diode is toast they ask for the pin-out and fail to use a dummy load to set the current on adjustable drivers...

They sometimes try to power up diodes that are not only without a heatsink but sometimes not even in a blank module!!!

They try to power direct from a battery.

And some try to make thier first-ever build using a very expensive diode--duh!

hope this helps- please do not take my opinions in the wrong way and GL with your build. hak

I understand what you mean, in my case there was a bit of misunderstanding, i wanted the PL-E host which i thought would have included the heatsink as from its appearance it looks like the whole upper section is the heat sink, but i was wrong :( . and i thought that the zooming mechanism in the upper section is where you would mount the lens which is not the case. so overall its my mistake :yabbem:

PL__E 300mw beam shot
N4FkJqI.jpg