Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

It is Here.!!!!! 300mW "635nm" Mitsubishi.....

Incredible. Breaking the Class IV limit, with 635nm red diode, for less than $70, in 5.6mm case?!

Where have I been for last 5 years of laser diode technology advancement?!

Alright. Off to order a pair. Or a full house.

Do you have a diffraction grating? You can use RHD's calculator to find the wavelength.

I do. I attempted but dint finish.

Wow... with a G1 you might well hit 500mW!

Great looking host btw, pics didn't do it justice.

Hope So. Maybe with the 650-G1 I Just might Make it but with a 405-G1 which is all i have it will be close.

Thanks.:D I love this Host. I just made a Heatsink for it.:wave:

Incredible. Breaking the Class IV limit, with 635nm red diode, for less than $70, in 5.6mm case?!

Where have I been for last 5 years of laser diode technology advancement?!

Alright. Off to order a pair. Or a full house.

Its Pretty sweet. Regardless if it shifted its still Extremely Bright to look at.

Yes 5.6mm.:cool:

Iam with you. I have been fallowing 635nm for a wail and New about these, but dint expect them to be this soon.:) Lets hope to Correct the Beam. Then it will be Epic. "For a handheld of course":angel:

What do you mean "or a Full House"?:p

Last edited:
What do you mean "or a Full House"?:p
House full of diodes. My photoshop skillz are not that high, use you imagination.

Can you do me a favour? Is there a way for you to measure the diode's voltage at which it's drawing those 450+mA ?

So I can calculate the efficiency and aproximate the heat dissipation, see if I can't use this host:
www.rayfoss.com

A buddy of mine who will help me fund this always wanted a side momentary switch hosted reddie. Here's a perfect chance. I'll machine the hell out of it, make direct pressfit heatsink and all, I just want to know if it's remotely OK, if the diode is running too hot I'll find an alternative.

Johnyz

Alright, just ordered one too. Prototype of my buck driver will be set at 360mA... Now I just need to find a good host. Now that Mohrenberg quit it's pretty hard to find a good host for a good price...

House full of diodes. My photoshop skillz are not that high, use you imagination.

Can you do me a favour? Is there a way for you to measure the diode's voltage at which it's drawing those 450+mA ?

So I can calculate the efficiency and aproximate the heat dissipation, see if I can't use this host:
www.rayfoss.com

A buddy of mine who will help me fund this always wanted a side momentary switch hosted reddie. Here's a perfect chance. I'll machine the hell out of it, make direct pressfit heatsink and all, I just want to know if it's remotely OK, if the diode is running too hot I'll find an alternative.

LOL. Figured it out after you said it. 4am here right now and a little tired.:tired:

That host will be Just fine. especially what you plain on doing, Direct Press Heatsink etc. My 350mW LPC-826 Gets Hotter then this Guy.

You will be fine with any host thats a C3 or higher and still have a Good 1minute Duty Cycle or More.

First testing was done in a C3 Host Off camera and the Host got Barley warm after 1- 1/2 minutes.

But i will test for you tomorrow buddy when i go back into the shop.:)

Alright, just ordered one too. Prototype of my buck driver will be set at 360mA... Now I just need to find a good host. Now that Mohrenberg quit it's pretty hard to find a good host for a good price...

Find the Host send me a PM. I can make you a heatsink.;)

Last edited:
LOL. Figured it out after you said it. 4am here right now and a little tired.:tired:

That host will be Just fine. especially what you plain on doing, Direct Press Heatsink etc. My 350mW LPC-826 Gets Hotter then this Guy.

You will be fine with any host thats a C3 or higher and still have a Good 1minute Duty Cycle or More.

First testing was done in a C3 Host Off camera and the Host got Barley warm after 1- 1/2 minutes.

But i will test for you tomorrow buddy when i go back into the shop.:)

Hmm I dunno, I've got a pair of C3s right here and uhh, I don't think I'd go any higher than your average 250mW LOC reddie in them. Depending on quality of heatsink, even that may be a bit too high.

But that host I've linked is 18650 sized, IIRC (will double check with their rep), so there should be no problems.

And, thank you very much :) Take care while measuring, would be a shame to see that diode go.

Hmm I dunno, I've got a pair of C3s right here and uhh, I don't think I'd go any higher than your average 250mW LOC reddie in them. Depending on quality of heatsink, even that may be a bit too high.

But that host I've linked is 18650 sized, IIRC (will double check with their rep), so there should be no problems.

And, thank you very much :) Take care while measuring, would be a shame to see that diode go.

Ive got another Couple Coming.:D

Ill Let you know the Results tomorrow or in a Few Hours Since its already tomorrow.;)

No rush man, I can wait. Get some sleep, see you later :)

*goes back to conquering the world with lasers*

this thread gets better every time i check in!!!

good job guys (more specifically lazerer)

michael.

DTR

This is getting good. Hopefully several of the people I sent them to will be getting theirs today and have some more info.:D

Helios

I hope these turn out like the 445 in that they are bullet proof as well. Who knows maybe even capable of 500-600mW? The 445 were rated at 1000 and yet many people have been able to hit or come close to double that.

I hope these turn out like the 445 in that they are bullet proof as well. Who knows maybe even capable of 500-600mW? The 445 were rated at 1000 and yet many people have been able to hit or come close to double that.

Bear in mind that these are rated at 300mW though. I don't think anyone pushed a 445 to over triple it's rating.

I wonder what ever happened with the supposed 500mW diodes though, or more importantly where these are coming from.

DTR

They are probably coming from the manufacturer or one of their suppliers as they come in a tray and the pins are completely unmolested.

Last edited:
^^^ Yes and Cyparagon Should be the Guy to do it. If he can.:D

He has a Spectrometer. As well as All the Other Proper Equipment needed.:wave:

Iam More concerned about WL shifting at higher power.

Iam In for 10$ to the Murder testing.:eg:

Who else is in.:wave:

this thread gets better every time i check in!!!

good job guys (more specifically lazerer)

michael.

Thanks Buddy.:)

Ps. You spelled my name Wrong.:p

This is getting good. Hopefully several of the people I sent them to will be getting theirs today and have some more info.:D

Yes for sure. I just want someone with a Spectrometer to test one of these guys bad. Iam going to attempt today to see if i can check the WL myself here since iam off today.:)

Last edited: