Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is this really the world's most powerful handheld laser?

norbyx

^^^^ Just immagine how many laser diodes you could fit in a host like that one.... :p

Lol, that's what I was thinking too. No heatsinking problems there :)

~ LB

^^^ You mean it has to be as big as a flashlight at the most?

lol
The JETLASERS PL-E with battery extension tube and the 10X beam expander is IMHO the worlds 'biggest/longest' commercially available hand held laser.

which is longer than any Mag-light flashlight IIRC.

The military has had several W 532 handhelds for a long time- i saw only one ever- held three or four li-ions that were longer/fatter than our 26650s- it had three four lasers in the head. it was only shown to me- it was not powered up and nor handed to me either.. afaik it had both TEC and fan(s).

i did not ask the price but prolly a 4,000 dollar laser that he govt paid double for.
IIRC it had three or four lasers in the head-
Each may have been more than a Watt- i got the impression that I should not be too nosey and was lucky to be just seeing it. It was for sure a dazzler and maybe a disruptor as well.

hk

Wow. Was it a gun host or flashlight type. Would love to have seen that. Government always gets the best stuff. Thanks for sharing that Hak :)

~ LB

neither it-- long-black- fat and not shaped like a mag light -the same size from front to tail- this happened long before we had all the bigass HH lasers we see today. So it was pretty incredible.. atm.

He said it was too bright to use indoors. Custom made just for the military- I got the impression that it prolly was not supposed to be seen by me.. He did not offer my the chance to hold it & I did not ask.

bungy

lol
The JETLASERS PL-E with battery extension tube and the 10X beam expander is IMHO the worlds 'biggest/longest' commercially available hand held laser.

which is longer than any Mag-light flashlight IIRC.

I doubted this statement for a minute so I took some pictures. Here's the PL-E with extension sans beam expander and a 6 D-cell maglight

attachment.php

And here it is with a custom made tunnel FX generator (there will be a thread on this later tonight). I imagine the 10x expander is comparable in size to my attachment. As large as the PL-E is, it is still quite comfortable to wield.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC06510s.jpg
    DSC06510s.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 24,985
  • DSC06511s.jpg
    DSC06511s.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 24,585
Thanks Hak, I love all that secret military stuff ;) That's insane Bungy :eek:

~ LB

^^^ @ Bungy
"I doubted this statement for a minute so I took some pictures. Here's the PL-E with extension sans beam expander and a 6 D-cell maglight."

TY for that--- I did not now that mag lite made lasers too..(lol)

they will win the prize for longest flashlight-

Jl still is the only (COMMERCIAL (not a modded light)) seller of lasers that are this long.

Last edited:
Reactions: ped
Can't we sue Wicked Laser for fraud ...
I mean... "THE WORLD'S MOST POWERFUL HANDHELD LASER" is pretty definitive , and a blatant LIE

Can't we sue Wicked Laser for fraud ...
I mean... "THE WORLD'S MOST POWERFUL HANDHELD LASER" is pretty definitive , and a blatant LIE

I've been wondering the same thing for about a year now, when I first came across the company...

I don't think they have to necessarily be a US company to force them to change certain advertising practices when those advertisements are viewed in "US space", although I have no idea how that would work for the internet...

It just seems like an embarrassing claim when members here are building hand held lasers in the what? near 7W range now??

Just a thought. No need to "advertise" LPF accomplishments. Let WL take the flak for Laser stupidity :thinking:

~ LB

Pman

I own a rather rare 7 D cell maglite :) No, I'm not kidding. It is just under 22"

Pman

Well, mine is very old and scratched up but does work. I'll take a pic and post it.
Maybe someone would be interested in it as some kind of trade but like I said, it has been thoroughly used and looks it.
My father gave this to me so long ago I can't remember when. I swear I was a young kid though when he first bought it. Honestly, it could be back from the late 60's to 70's as I was born in 65.
Tried to look up something on it and it seems more likely it is late 70 to maybe 80 as the head says Ontario CAL
The number stamped into the front behind the head is 70016361
i80v.jpg

nuaf.jpg

hhj2.jpg

zcmz.jpg

Last edited:
Aren't laserglow hercules bigger than PL-Es? that PL-E looks familiar bungy:beer: