Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

iPad3 VS Wicked Lasers

A ripoff company advertising its destruction over another ripoff company. Oh consumerism, y u no make sense?

sinner

We bragged about iPad 3 in the other thread and here it is! Dah! :banghead:

what a way to throw away money and come out with a pretty crap video as a result

The only gripe I have with Apple is he should of made it affordable to everyone, not just elitists. It would have made the world a better place.

And please dont say it has, because 80% of the world is run on IBM based machines.

resize.php

sinner

Technology was never cheap and it will never be, it only gets cheaper at the expense of time.. and people who make stuff keeping in mind what people would EVER want to do with their gadget , they come up with the idea, make us depend on it and they get the $$$ for it.. its brilliant!

Well this was interesting, I was curious to see who'd say what about this & honestly thought there'd be more fanboy backlash from the apple folks against this post because some of you might know I cant stand apple culture. Despite my personal opinion I had no intention to disrespect apple & I'm glad this wasn't misinterpreted that way :)

:

I'm no fanboy. There are five computers in my house and they are all windows machines. But I do love my iPads and iPhone.

I don't care that they fried an iPad at all. What I've found so disturbing about it is the fact that they did it in such a poor way. It looked more like they melted an iPad then they fried it with a laser.

Just setting a couple high-powered lasers facedown on the front of an iPad doesn't prove anything. You could probably do that with some Cree led flashlights these days.

It also looked like they use gasoline at the end to me.

I'm even skeptical of the parts where there were these little explosions. That looked kind of fake, like maybe they have planted something in there.

Typical WL marketing.

Wow WL.

I love when the thing just burst into flames.

Just so everyone knows...this is called the "New iPad"...not the iPad 3...Apple and WL marketing FTW!

I'm wondering what the next iPad will be called...the "Next New iPad"...or the "Newer iPad"?

I'm no fanboy. There are five computers in my house and they are all windows machines. But I do love my iPads and iPhone.

I don't care that they fried an iPad at all. What I've found so disturbing about it is the fact that they did it in such a poor way. It looked more like they melted an iPad then they fried it with a laser.

Just setting a couple high-powered lasers facedown on the front of an iPad doesn't prove anything. You could probably do that with some Cree led flashlights these days.

It also looked like they use gasoline at the end to me.

I'm even skeptical of the parts where there were these little explosions. That looked kind of fake, like maybe they have planted something in there.

Typical WL marketing.
i think the little explosion there was when the lasers, finally, after im sure hours of burning, got to the battery, punctured it, and the lithium reacted with humidity and flashed. lipo batteries are actually pretty crazy bad. very unsafe. they do actually spontaniously combust. so on behalf of that, i argue that point. otherwise....you know those underspecs took way to long to get there. yay for times 164 fast forward! hahaha

Chemicals from the iPad : Arsenic, Beryllium(alloy form)
, anthraquinones... Just to list a few materials
used to manufacture the iPad.

We need to use one of our lasers to fry a WL laser, LOL.

Shouldnt have sold my Arctic. :yabbem:

Sounds like a plan.........:eg:
Maybe shoot it out of a Canon and see if we can
see it from space or if it can go 85 miles...:crackup:

Jerry

Last edited: