Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I'm Back

Howdy All

I'm back from vacation and all the pending orders will be going out tomorrow and the next day so hang in there there your stuff is on the way now :)

I had a good time visiting with all my old pyro friends and we got to make some really impressive 24" 16" 12" 10" and 6" shells I got to help out with 3 of the 24" shells and one 12" memorial shell we put old Bill's ashes in and I made several 10" and 6" shells for our show, here is some pic's.

8" comets, bigger than you will see in any public show.

4" comets, we put 60 of these in one of the 24" shells.

A 24" shell kicking back drying in the sun, it takes 10 pounds of black powder to shoot one of these guys up.
It takes 20,000 feet of 1.5 inch wide gummed paper to make this shell.

The inside of a 24" shell.

Me with the 24" shells I helped build.

Want to know how you can do this, just ask me :eg:

I had a good time visiting with all my old pyro friends and we got to make some really impressive 24" 16" 12" 10" and 6" shells I got to help out with 3 of the 24" shells and one 12" memorial shell we put old Bill's ashes in

Welcome back. I don't know who old Bill is, but it sounds like a really great idea. For years now I was hoping I could have my ashes launched into space, but I know now I will die penniless so it's not going to happen, this sounds like the next best thing.

:crackup: If I lit the fuse on something that big I would be running away fast.

Alan

reminds me of 2009 when i asked what those balls are. back then they were much smaller though! They have grown bigger I see XD

DrSid

I heard something about some non-government Moon landing program .. didn't realize, it was you .. :beer:

One thing I am wondering about is how many people working how many hours does it take to wrap one of those in 20,000 feet of 1.5 inch wide gummed paper? Is a machine used? Or are they made in China? Or in some third world country? Do you hire Mexicans? :wtf:

Alan