Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hyperion Laser Power Meter For Sale: 2W, 6W, & 20W Version

The meter is sold out!
Yet i am keeping several for some of members here which already reserves the LPM

A bit of a news, after i contacted my suppliers,
Some of them are missing (no longer selling anything)
Some currently have no stock of raw material (the TEC),
Some are no longer producing the material, etc
BUT i'll still try to search for those material, or maybe an alternative

Please note that the eBay and laserpointerstore has different inventory stock than mine

Thanks and Best regards for all these year :beer:
Pradipta M.

That's sad news, astralist. I hope you are able to find replacement suppliers as these LPMs are too good to just die. :yh:

Well, about that
Something's still going on, but 'll try my best! :yabbem:

Or, if you/someone really need it quickly, i can send the ready-to-print files for 3D printer..

PS:
Look at the cat on my avatar, he's anxious about it :D

Last edited:
Well, about that
Something's still going on, but 'll try my best!
:yabbem:

Or, if you/someone really need it quickly, i can send the ready-to-print files for 3D printer..

That's not very clear... I'm sure you are trying
best... But when will they be available :thinking:

Jerry

^^^ AFAIK he needs to find a new vendor for 1 or more of the parts he needs. so who can say
ATM he is away -on personal issue==may be back on-line after weekend.

sold out at LPF for now
he has one listed at eekbay. and only 4 more available..
and the 6A super drive.
Same $25 for tracked ship. ( just understand what ' tracking' means at USPS.. not same-same as DHL Express)

^^^ AFAIK he needs to find a new vendor for 1 or more of the parts he needs. so who can say
ATM he is away -on personal issue==may be back on-line after weekend.

sold out at LPF for now
he has one listed at eekbay. and only 4 more available..
and the 6A super drive.
Same $25 for tracked ship. ( just understand what ' tracking' means at USPS.. not same-same as DHL Express)

:thinking: I was talking about the 3D cases he offered
to supply a while back...

Jerry

Last edited:
sorry J.
he told me same
soon (hopefully)just lacks time
has 3D printer & x kilos of material on hand.
trying to find him a CONUS 3D dood.
pics of my homebrew 'enclosure' coming.

trying to help

hak

bbl with my Hyperion bench set-up..

Last edited:
Since many asking about the news of the Hyperion LPM, it's still sold out.

There are several units that is reserved by member here (which could be available to buy).
And the only available units right now is the Hyperion Argentum 20W version.

Cheers! :wave:

Just a thought about our experience with
Firmware only upgrades....:beer:

Many years ago we had an upgrade version
of one of our first LaserBee LPMs.
All the customer needed to do to upgrade after
they purchased the lower priced option was to
pay an Extra Fee to get a Higher output LPM
function.
It was only a Firmware upgrade... Like yours.

The members back then started to complain
about why they should pay anything extra since
all the Hardware was already bought and the
only thing that needed changing is an or a few
Enable Bit/Bits in the Firmware that were alread
on the Micro Controller...

We finally decided to sell only the Higher output
version with no more Firmware Upgrades since
then... That calmed the members at that time....

Jerry

Hi Jerry,
This particular topic is very interesting!!
Thanks for bringing it up!! :beer:

The simplest explanation would be,
To put it into a perspective, i'm actually selling a $150 LPM for only $75 as a filler for those cheap LPM which already extinct
That way the LPF member with small fund towards non-laser-things can buy it, because a budget hobbyist could only afford the laser itself IMHO.

You are right about the "Hardware was already bought completely"
But again, if i could be honest to everyone here, selling the Hyperion Cuprum gave me no profit at all.
That's why i said i'm actually selling a $150 LPM for only $75
The only margin is for a worst case scenario, which is to provide another one way shipping just in case something happened on their side or if the LPM is never arrived at first place.

I could sells the 20W version as cheap as possible, as they're built by myself alone (without the help of paid worker whatsoever), from the scratch, hardware, software, and calibrating.
But the amount of time and life force i've spent developing and building these LPM is quite intangible and confusing to measure, which is why I need some profit to make it happens and continue my works.

About the upgrade scheme, I'm sure you knew that there are many hardware and software out there making the same move,
for example a digital oscilloscope which can be unlocked from 50 MSps to 100 MSps only by paying and entering its serial number :D

Cheers!! :wave:

Hi Jerry,
This particular topic is very interesting!!
Thanks for bringing it up!! :beer:

The simplest explanation would be,
To put it into a perspective, i'm actually selling a $150 LPM for only $75 as a filler for those cheap LPM which already extinct
That way the LPF member with small fund towards non-laser-things can buy it, because a budget hobbyist could only afford the laser itself IMHO.

You are right about the "Hardware was already bought completely"
But again, if i could be honest to everyone here, selling the Hyperion Cuprum gave me no profit at all.
That's why i said i'm actually selling a $150 LPM for only $75
The only margin is for a worst case scenario, which is to provide another one way shipping just in case something happened on their side or if the LPM is never arrived at first place.

I could sells the 20W version as cheap as possible, as they're built by myself alone (without the help of paid worker whatsoever), from the scratch, hardware, software, and calibrating.
But the amount of time and life force i've spent developing and building these LPM is quite intangible and confusing to measure, which is why I need some profit to make it happens and continue my works.

About the upgrade scheme, I'm sure you knew that there are many hardware and software out there making the same move,
for example a digital oscilloscope which can be unlocked from 50 MSps to 100 MSps only by paying and entering its serial number :D

Cheers!! :wave:
No need to tell me the costs involved in producing
an electronic product...:)

I used the same logic that I was actually selling a
higher priced LPM at a discount. It did not go well
to say the least. That's why we made the change.;)

As to the Oscilloscope... Yes... I have a 50Mhz Rigol
that has been upgraded to 100MHz...

The problem is that the Oscilloscope community saw
the extra cost upgrade as a problem and Hacked the
lower priced Scope. The result is now the upgrade is
FREE (has been for over a year) on-line using the hacked
codes....:eek:
It didn't cost me a cent for the upgrade...

Jerry

Last edited:
While on that topic...
what exactly are the upgrade steps...does that .icon. top right corner help do the upgrade??

Brendon is ready to upgrade his.

hak

Last edited:

Benm

It's a bit tricky with upgrades that do not make any hardware changes but do add features at a cost.

Then again it may be something to get used to, afaik Tesla is doing this even with cars, and they are not the only ones. There are actually plenty of car vendors that sell 'upgrades' that are only firmware changes with no mechanical modification to the car itself. These go from automatically turning on the headlights after you start the engine (mandatory in some scandinavian counties so all volvo's have that feature) to things that get more performance from the engine (perhaps at a cost of decreased service life).

And with computers we are already completely used to this: if you buy a computer with windows, you'll probably get the 'home' version. If you want to use a simple encryption feature like bitlocker you need to upgrade at a price, while the home version is perfectly able to read bitlocker protected drives, it just refuses to create them.