Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Howdy from central Texas!

Howdy Ya'll!

I've had a mystery brand 200mw green and an Arctic 1W blue (I know, I know, I've read about WL but I LOVE my Arctic, but strangely, I like the green better) and for a couple of years and my fascination with these lasers only grows, so here I am!
My interest is so strong that I am actively hunting for my next & think I found it on this here site! A member's (Blord) multi-colored host builds really caught my eye so I'm probably about to part with some hard earned money.
Wonderful Waco, TX is home and I'm married to the most wonderful woman in the world & have this incredible 11 y/o daughter. I'm a commercial pilot, a career aircraft mechanic, and recently got in trouble at work AND with the local police with my lasers. My Arctic is confiscated & I'm about to FIGHT! I was shining a street sign but didn't see the cop speed-trap in the dark! "Got me right in the eyes, sir!" I got a huge ticket & a jail threat & now have an attorney so I shouldn't talk much about this!
I consider my relationship with Jesus Christ the most relevant thing in life, especially being a former atheist who discovered God through real research & evidence while trying to disprove Him for many years.
So, I talk a lot & I'll kill this "howdy" post & get myself to bed! I've been up for a few hours searching for a 2W laser to buy, but you probably know what that's like!
G'nite Ya'll!
Ricky
Light Of The World

laser-breakfast.png

Might be a bad idea LOTW :thinking:

Safety goggles are recommended for lasers over 5mw.

Welcome :)

~ LB

Wow hope that works out for you. It sounds like a he said she said at this point and that is not going to be good on you. Good luck brother.

Good luck with your court case...

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..
http://laserpointerforums.com/tou.htm

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and PLEASE don't forget to read to this....

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

If you do get a Laser or already have one be sure
to get appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...

Get Some Safety Goggles Now!

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

Gun

A pilot who likes lasers, guess you must realise that we're not all bad!

Welcome to LPF :)

I've considered taking my laser up in case I'm lasered, to retaliate (but I won't, it's WAY illegal)! I want to do a very covert video with a willing friend on the ground who shines my laser in my plane while I'm flying (protected, of course). The problem is MANY don't believe a pilot can be threatened by a laser beam. I know for a fact that it can be dangerous from videos I've seen and my knowledge of night vision & night flying. A good video could make this truth clear. The cop was invisible in a parking lot 1/4 mile away from the street sign I was illuminating in a remote location. He saw the laser "shining right in his eyes," which it wasn't because you can see the beam even though it might be pointed far from you. The cop freaked out, cuffed me, searched my car in spite of my refusal & confiscated my Arctic 1W blue. He did several things wrong which is why I'm fighting, hoping to stay out of court. I'd rather give that money to Blord or someone here who has what I want!
No, I don't dislike laser hobbyists, but I don't know them that well yet, either!
Ricky
Light Of The World

Last edited:

Lolvo

Welcome to LPF. It sounds like you have a wealth of information to share...wouldn't be opposed to some good conversations later on - on lasers, religion, and aviation. I am a private pilot myself; I also have several friends who live in Waco!

Sad to hear about your legal issues that arose from your laser hobby. That sounds like a severe case, and a breach in law enforcement protocol from what you have led us to believe. Good luck with it, and let us know what we can do to assist, if anything!

Last edited:
Howdy from Fort Worth, Light. Good luck in everything. If you ever need an LPM, I'm probably the closest to you. Any time you want a laser measured, feel free to drop me a line.

Be well, brother.

SBA

Hi Ricky-- thanks for the email- i hope i can help you find the laser you seek-
When you wrote me about beng a pilot the first thing that came to mind was an experiment involving you in the air and a laser(s) on the ground with a video showing just how it REALLY appears to the pilots-

I saw one 'thing' ( a drawing NOT a Photo) of a cockpit with blazing green light inside and my first impression was BS!!- don; t get me wrong on this as I am 100% against anyone other than a person needing rescue EVER lasing an aircraft-
but at the same time we need to keep it real-- I have talked to both chopper and fixed wing pilots and none said they feared a laser 'attack' nor did they think that unless during take-off or landing that any handheld would REALLY be all that dangerous.

sorry for going kinda off topic-

WELCOME Ricky from Waco TX--
sending you some links and an invite to join our TX laser group- hope you can make it to a LEM soon.
email sent earlier today.. hak

EDIT-- What happened to you is one of the reasons we reccomed night lasing in the country and never in the city

did you have a witness??
was it your WL or another laser?
I have heard of a few bringing along a cheap pointerlaser of the same color just in case they are asked to give it up--lol

Last edited:
Howdy from Fort Worth, Light. Good luck in everything. If you ever need an LPM, I'm probably the closest to you. Any time you want a laser measured, feel free to drop me a line.

Be well, brother.

SBA

:wave::na:
SOME day if not TODAY you will regret your choice of usernames-- here you are welcoming a new member who is a former atheist- just how ironic is that!!

can I have a AMEN!!

Let the forum say, "amen"!

I will now, nor ever regret my username. I am a proud, non-angry-at-god atheist. I have never needed a god to know comfort. I find comfort from within and the people I surround myself with; All good, moral, loving people...people of god, and people not of god. My own SO is an orthodox Jew.

I do not, however, come to this forum to talk religion. I come to talk photons. If I need a dose, I'll just go to reddit/r/atheism and get what I need.

I welcome all members...as long as they're not airplane lasing, goggle forgetting, traffic camera destroying douche bags. There's enough conflict over religion in the world already. There's no need to bring it here.

:wave::na:
SOME day if not TODAY you will regret your choice of usernames-- here you are welcoming a new member who is a former atheist- just how ironic is that!!

can I have a AMEN!!

I consider it an honor and am nothing but pleased to have scumbagatheist extend his/her gracious welcome & invitation to me. I have zero problems with befriending any human being regardless of their beliefs. It's sad and dispicable when followers of Christ resist, insult & fight those with other beliefs and vise/versa. If scumbagatheist is genuine in the response (In which I have confidence) then I am actually overjoyed to meet an atheist (an assumption) & a fellow Texan who associates with kindness & respect instead of war. I tired of war long ago.
I am also ready & willing to accept any consequence of my username. I don't take usernames lightly in the 3 forums I frequent, Zcar.com (love old Zs & own an 83 280ZX), rec.rollercoaster (a Usenet newsgroup) & here. I give time & thought to usernames that quickly communicate what is primary in life & relate to the group's subject as well. I am used to insult & it bothers me little.
So I receive all reactions/responses to me while in this group with thanksgiving. I mainly want to learn the deep, scientific stuff about laser light and how to have more fun with em while surely aquiring more.
Thanks for all the cool responses thus far.
Ricky (I'll get a pic/avatar & sig up this week prolly)

Do NOT shine your lasers into the eyes of ANY animals!
Birds, even our Grackles, are federally protected species. So, you're not only breaking federal law by injuring the animals' eyes, you're disturbing them from their breeding grounds. This is something I know a bit about.

Wow, I was working on a reply to Hakzaw1 that actually contained a question pertaining to that when you replied!
Federally protected, interesting. Most people here wish they were federally eliminated. Waco has unsuccessfully fought Grackles for many years. Businesses & people alike largely consider them a pest. They crap everywhere, scratch up cars, and flock by the hundreds of thousands.
I'm an animal lover & dislike the war on Grackles. I think it's absolutely awesome to watch & listen to the enormous flocks that congregate only in certain locals at certain times of the year. Just one quick sweep of their trees puts them to flight.
My question in my reply to Hackzaw1 is; "Is it harmful to these birds?" to which I believe you would say "yes."
One reason of my joining here is to learn more laser right & wrong. I hope my errors will be overlooked while I get a clue from you experts.