Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How Will you Name your Laser?

So, it's apparent enough that we, like sailors, tend to name our builds, just like people name their boats. We've seen the "Dominator", "BigBoy", even my personal, "The Bastard".

put in a row like that it sounds like we are naming wand massagers :whistle:

my custom mini 445 is now named Giuseppe

Last edited:

Loki would definitely be an Epic build name :)
gallery_Loki-ThorMovie-avengers.jpg

The Hulk is Green too...
avengers-hulk-590.jpg

IsaacT

Nice name! Does it strike down all the Orcs, Trolls, Goblins, etc. that try to cross you?

PS-Yeah, I am definitely calling dibs on the Loki name....time to update my signature

Last edited:
my custom mini 445 is now named Giuseppe
Very Italiano Apex.

"Sting" is appropriate Pman.
ef8b_hobbit_deluxe_sting_sword_inhand.jpg

I have the 3 furies on the way. Alecto a 405nm, Tisiphone a 445nm and Megaera a Red, don't know what wavelength yet. :)

Last edited:

Pman

Thanks guys and yeah, I really like "STING" for a strong 445nm. It's the only laser I've actually named. Just seemed appropriate. Actually just watched "The Hobbit" twice in the same week.

Last edited:

Pman

How about "scum":)

Any red laser could be named after a famous redhead like "Lucy" etc...

Last edited:
I love LOTR too Pman. The 3D in the Hobbit was amazing, I know some people hated it and the HFR too, but I enjoyed it. "Sting" is a perfect name.

Do have a host in mind for that bad boy SBA? What kind of diode is that? Inquiring minds want to know :)

I love LOTR too Pman. The 3D in the Hobbit was amazing, I know some people hated it and the HFR too, but I enjoyed it. "Sting" is a perfect name.

Do have a host in mind for that bad boy SBA? What kind of diode is that? Inquiring minds want to know :)

lol LB..it's just a Fastech module that I kicked the shit out of the pot on. I gave it's host to my daughter for her 5mW bday gift. I imagine I'll get another SL C-6 host for it...maybe a SS one this time..that black anodizing is sh!t.

I just put up some comparison shots w/ my PL520. Check em out.

Pman

Dangit! You guys made me name some of my others:)
Now there's Mirkwood, Sting, Glamdring, Narsil, Sindarin, Orcrist and Gollum (he's a sneaky 808nm);)

Thanks SBA, where are the pics? I'll check them out, looking at this link 520nm, Osram PL520, 300mA, MS-SSW by Sinner- parts shipping! Sorry think I'm looking in the wrong place :p

I see a distinct trend Pman, but I could be wrong :tinfoil: A Balrog of Morgoth may be in order here... :evil:

Gollum (he's a sneaky 808nm)
Just caught that Pman, sweet :)

~ LB

Last edited: